Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Thogar assist works very well too. Either or should lead you to success
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Is there a video of this in action?

Looks very handy thanks for sharing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Our raidleader tested this tonight. I also had it and we both had a roblem of graphics not showing. Had to relly only on warnings. After raid i read your comments on curse and tried enabling it again. Woked then. Thou the fact that it already was "enable"and having to turn if off and back on was abit annoying. I do hope its not going to becoe a routine.
    Also, weird thing, not much info time wise, but leader stoped announcing for one wave. might have even been two waves. Sadly this unexpected stop had few of our members including myself killed. The time was towards end, so it might be the same 6 minute marker some person was talking about. Might wanna take a second look at that time stamp.
    Other than that, very clear announcements, and at least on curse, very nice graphics. I like the simplicity of it (at least theoretical).
    I'm so sorry for the HUD issue - I've made a few changes that should resolve this issue. The addon will now store the state of the HUD and (with any luck!) it should now be consistent.

I'll upload this after I finish work in like 5 hours. Stay tuned for v1.5 to resolve that

Regarding the announcer stopping at 6 minutes, this is a concern! I've tried it out and it was fine for the full 8 minutes. Do you have version 1.4? And was your raid leader dead at any point? Or did anything of note happen during the encounter? It shouldn't affect it and I spent 40 minutes going through the code but found nothing that would cause this behaviour

The hud not showing is usually forgetting to start the addon before the fight, which kinds of happen all the time.

Deleted
    I've noticed that as well - even my own guild members forgot to start it once or twice

I might just remove the need to start and stop it, to be honest, since it never actually does anything outside of the encounter - it feels a bit redundant to have to do that.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2015-02-09 at 04:05 PM.

Have you thought about adding an option to optimize positioning for less movement/awareness need?

explanation: When you first pull the boss lane 2 can be stood in safe for 3-4 trains (don't remember exactly). This means that if you pull the boss to the 2nd lane from where you start you will not have to do any movement for awhile. This happens a few times in the raid, if you pull the boss to certain lanes you're done with movement for a long time vs having to move every train or every other train.

This should increase DPS as people are done with movement and can focus on pew pew for a bit longer..

Just a thought, not really needed now but who knows for mythic.

Used it last night to great effect, thanks!

Deleted
    Just a quick note (for what it's worth) I'm currently working on overhauling the HUD and decoupling it from the announcement system entirely. Hopefully within a few days it'll look nice and feel more intuitive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    theres also this addon called a computer monitor that shows the doors opening several seconds before the train of firey death destroys your hopes and dreams jkjk Im sure this addon will help many people
    Same here i do not need addon for looking the trains
    1st DBM already do that second its cleary visible.And third after several fights you know already the whole patern But its great for more casual ppl who go in just for fun you do good job to support these ppl

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great fight, great addon, shame that it has to exist. The fight would be broken if trains spawned at random for obvious reasons, but it's such a shame that the encounter is designed that an addon can help you bypass the primary mechanic.

Now make one for Oregorger which lets you know you are in a path that Ore is going to flatten you or some kind of mini-map that will keep track of where the boss in.

Deleted
    Unfortunately I couldn't find the time to update the HUD, but at some point I will I promise

In the mean time, I've updated the addon to now include all 8 minutes Mythic difficulty (all 4 trains is the berserk just after 8 minutes ^_^), and there's a few other changes such as no longer needing to start/stop the addon and showing the HUD when you unlock it.

Go test Mythic and see if it works!
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2015-02-15 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks for this great addon!

Quote Originally Posted by Barracks00 View Post
    Is there a video of this in action?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8kHF-vLh4

How do I move the HUD? It's landing exactly where I have one of my weakauras, I'd like to move it to a happier spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    How do I move the HUD? It's landing exactly where I have one of my weakauras, I'd like to move it to a happier spot.
    Second this comment <3 great addon btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    dont understand who use this ugly thing instead of thogar assist...
    Honestly, I do think Thogars Assist has a better visual aid. Just place it it smack next to the center of your screen

I'm suprised they have a addon for this.
    It's so piss easy.

Deleted
    Type /thogar unlock to unlock it, then you can drag and resize it

Then /thogar lock to lock it in place again.