10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard watch, the 'new' wowinsider?

I'm curious to know peoples thoughts on this. With the bullshit from AOL causing wowinsider to give up the ghost, it looks as if wowinsiders mods are beginning to look into making Blizzard watch into the new site for news, updates and such, the same as what wowinsider did.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/02/03/...zzard-watch-2/

The snag however, while AOL kept wowinsider afloat all this time, because of wowinsiders mods going it alone now, they've opened a patreon for the new site to support it, stating that in order to get it up to the same standards the old site had, they will need to get a monthly intake of around $8000 to get blizzard watch up to that same level.

Now I'm not someone who can afford to give to peoples patreon, I sometimes barely scrap by with the sub fees like for wow and other games, so I know I can't afford it, but do you think its a realistic goal from them to expect fans of wowinsider to pay that much accumulative cash into a patreon for them each month, or is it to high an expectation?

Hell no, patreon has been, and always will be a scam. The people who run patreon are scam artists and the people who utilize their services are scam artists. If you can't get the funding to do traditional advertising on your site, then you simply don't deserve money, especially my money.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Hell no, patreon has been, and always will be a scam. The people who run patreon are scam artists and the people who utilize their services are scam artists. If you can't get the funding to do traditional advertising on your site, then you simply don't deserve money, especially my money.
    It isn't for you to decide if they deserve money. It's not full of scam artists. It's a worthy endavor. If you don't want to do it fine but don't shame others for doing it. I just put one dollar and that's all I want and I'm ok with that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

Currently a thread running about this topic, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ch-is-now-live
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..