Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Worst Achievement of All Time! (Love Prism)

This achievement is ridiculous. If you want everyone in your raid to get the achievement, it's going to take a very long time. For example, a raid of 11 people (10 people casting the prism, one person every 6 seconds) would take 5 minutes to get the achievement for one person. This means at the very least it would take 55 minutes for everyone to get their achieve, assuming no mistakes in the casting rotation.

The buff from channeling the prism lasts 10 seconds. With 11 people in raid, the person being targeted will need a person to cast the prism at him once every 6-9 seconds. Repeat 50 times and get the achievement (or fail halfway, more likely). Plus, if not everyone has all 50 charges on their prism, even if everyone casts their prism perfectly all 549 times (assuming only one person in your group used a single charge of their prism), one unlucky person is going to be leaving that raid without the achievement.

I just tried to do this, and it was as much of a nightmare as anticipated.

After a failure due to 1 person out of 40 missing it people at the back of the line realised it was literally impossible for them to get the achievement and they ragequit having wasted 30 minutes of their life.

Got the leader 50 and he declared "Oh, I just realised I have band practice! Thanks guys" and left like a scumbag. Group tried to struggle on, but disbanded soon after, with 40 people having wasted their beam charges, making it impossible for them to even attempt it for a day because of 1 selfish jerk.

Thank you Blizzard for this gaming experience.

Much of the info in this posted lifted from wowhead:
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9...really-love-me
    Last edited by Martymark; 2015-02-04 at 04:38 AM.

Pretty much. Probably one of the worst achievements they've put into the game.

I'm not doing it until they change it. Only good point is that I got the new pet, that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank God I got this done before the change to the CD.....I joined a 40 man raid group in LFG and we ported to the leaders garrison and just formed up a line and used the item over and over....you move up use it...go back line...you got yours when it was your turn...took me about 45 mins to get it done.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This achievement really made me think about what im doing with my life, so much brainpower req

7+ Year Old Account
    I wont be wasting my time with this achievement and I doubt my guild would waste the time to help me get it!

Deleted
    Its like WoD in general, gated by time. Real crappy achievement.

Deleted
    I want to try to get it, but I'm too scared right now

Deleted
    It was really really tedious to complete, but I wouldn't call it the worst, not even the worst seasonal event achievement (that honor still belongs to school of hard knocks).

It took me over two hours to exhaust all 50 charges of the item, but it was nice to see so many people helping each other out. The whole process getting organized wasn't too bad thanks to the new LFR tool. It is weird that something as simple as a holiday achievement would require such organization though.

Managed to get it in a 10-12 man organized group where everyone listened and had macro's etc. I guess you have to be quite lucky to not queue up with a bunch trolls or people that just instantly leave once they get it themselves, using the LFG-tool.

The main problem is imo that eventually people will run out of charges before everyone gets it, and since you cannot carry 2 of those things at the same time, you will either have to wait for people to go farm for more or like us, have new people join that accepts the fact that they are very last in queue.

Pretty sure this achievement will somehow change and be easier to get. They could give you the toy at 10 stacks, and let the last 2 achievements be for true achivement-hunters, or something among those lines.

Deleted
    I was lucky to be in a group of 30-40 people. It took 2 hours for my turn but everyone was helping, even the ones that had done it. Also there were at least 6-7 people of us to use 2 or even 3 prisms to get the line going smooth.

But I can understand why people don't like it the way it is, they should change at least the cd back to 30 seconds and less, what was the thinking behind this hotfix "ok we did something wrong wanting to have 50 individuals for the achievement we will fix it, oh and while we are at it let's buff it to 1 minute cd otherwise this is clearly overpowered!"

Yea it was pretty bad but my group did it well, and everyone got theirs.

Deleted
    They should've just made it that you have to use it 50 times. To band together entire raid groups for a simple achievement that rewards a toy is ludicrous and it makes me wonder if they intentionally implemented it like this to fuck completionists over.

10+ Year Old Account
    done with 8ppl. Wasted around 70-80min. Not so much for "The Worst Achievement of All Time!". Especially after wasting 100+ hours in a chance to get @#$ing crab on Timeless Isle
    For ppl who are planing to do it i'll give major tips:
    1) do not join to groups where over 10ppl. 8 is optimal. 9 - for casuals who cannot click on icon faster than 2 secs. 10 and more - just wasting your time. And more chance to fail. And after that ppl start leaving / dc. Especially who already done.
    2) u need to have 50 charges plus 40 tickets for 2nd prism. Because mistakes WILL HAPPEN. And if ppl haven't 2nd prism that mean last ppl in queue can't finish achievement.

Deleted
    I actually enjoyed doing this achievement. I created a raid group in the premade groups section. Soon I had over 30 people in my own garrison, in a circle, what looked like some kind of weird ritual. I guess Blizzard wanted it to be possible to do a gangbang in WoW .

I made macros with explanation what to do and a order based on join time. The raid size never fell below 30 players, because of constant joiners. Also, we never failed to get 50 stacks, because with so many people, someone would save if somebody failed to cast.

Before I left I gave a voluntary leader and let him copy my macros and stayed there for a few minutes to make sure the transistion was smooth. Many people thanked me for leading this achievement raid.

I think Blizzard should make more achievements like this instead of generic solo achievements.

Deleted
    Achievements are a waste of time, have always been.

This achievement is hilarious - but requires a lot. INC nerf because Blizz expected waaaaay too much from its playerbase.
    imo they went a little too far with this by putting 50 charges on the item. This would've been just as time consuming and a PiTa if the item had unlimited charges.

Quote Originally Posted by ohganot View Post
    I actually enjoyed doing this achievement. I created a raid group in the premade groups section. Soon I had over 30 people in my own garrison, in a circle, what looked like some kind of weird ritual. I guess Blizzard wanted it to be possible to do a gangbang in WoW .

I made macros with explanation what to do and a order based on join time. The raid size never fell below 30 players, because of constant joiners. Also, we never failed to get 50 stacks, because with so many people, someone would save if somebody failed to cast.

Before I left I gave a voluntary leader and let him copy my macros and stayed there for a few minutes to make sure the transistion was smooth. Many people thanked me for leading this achievement raid.

I think Blizzard should make more achievements like this instead of generic solo achievements.

Well you're 1% of the people who does that.
    Rest of them are like the OP, they just leave when they're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohganot View Post

This sounds like the group I was in.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not even remotely close to being the worst achievement. It's incredibly easy with good direction/macros/weak auras. Sure there will be an investment of time, but an hour spent getting it and helping others get it is nothing in comparison to some of the other achievement grinds out there. The Timeless Isle one was mentioned; that's terrible. Some rep grinds take an insane amount of time and commitment to complete, such as Conqueror/Justicar. Some of the fishing achievements which require an absurd number of repetitive casts just to catch a rare fish with an extremely low drop rate. And of course, the Insane. I'm an avid achievement junkie and I still haven't garnered the courage to start that grind.

tl;dr 1 hour spent with a small group of people is nothing in comparison to other achievements.

As a collector (toys, pets, mounts and achieves) I was looking forward to getting this done then found it was bugged on day one and after that to easy to fuck up. So I'm just noping on this achieve and waiting for it to get nerfed. Maybe this is Blizzards attempt at 'bringing back community', but something like this isn't going to facilitate that.