View Poll Results: How would you like to see old content reused?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Looking for Dungeon 5 man queue

3 11.11%
  • Looking for Raid queue

3 11.11%
  • Scenario 3 man queue

2 7.41%
  • Leave them as is

22 81.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    10+ Year Old Account

what would you like to see done with old raid content?

I know Blizzard is trying to come up with a solution for old content and I would like to see your thoughts on the subject.

Currently our damage is ramped up tremendously in order to solo these old experiences. I am okay with the solo experience but I would also be okay with seeing these types of dungeons moved up to match our level.
    My thoughts are either turning them into an LFD type experience where we can queue into them as a 5 man group and get achievements for completing them and maybe some transmog gear.
    They could also change them to an LFR situation with the same type of stuff as the LFD.
    My other thought is a Scenario type situation where only three plays need to complete the raids.

What are your thoughts? Do these sound like good ideas or maybe you have your own ideas?

Deleted
    I prefer them the way they are. I went instance-farming in MoP to gather achivs (since I started playing extremely late in Cata I had no achivs in early instances at all). I would probably not have been able to get that done in groups, or with way more issues, since I have noticed that the more people, the bigger chance to screw achivs up (thinking about the horror of 'only the penitent/kneel to the flame').

I'd like them if they were a little less pathetic than now. Just tone down the absurdity of our buff, let our HP and damage speak for itself.

For god's sake don't put in a queue. Raiding is an organized experience. Should only be for formed groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I'd like them if they were a little less pathetic than now. Just tone down the absurdity of our buff, let our HP and damage speak for itself.

For god's sake don't put in a queue. Raiding is an organized experience. Should only be for formed groups.
    You do realize that the buff puts us where we would be if the scale never happened, right? So in essence you are saying you'd rather Blizzard to reduce your actual damage pre-scale to make it harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize that the buff puts us where we would be if the scale never happened, right? So in essence you are saying you'd rather Blizzard to reduce your actual damage pre-scale to make it harder?
    I kind of liked old raids in expansions past where they still actually did their mechanics and you could, in essence, see the encounter even though it died in about a minute or two.

Now you go through all of heroic Ragnaros' phases in 20 seconds and that's soloing.

The buff gives us a 1600% damage buff and they also nerfed the HP of all the bosses by a massive amount.

When I 2-manned C'thun at 80 it took 10 minutes. Now 2-manning stuff two expansions behind it dies in 2 seconds. That's a big change.

Knowing Blizzard, any major system changes to old raids will end up costing way too much in useful new content. It might be cool to bring the classics around every once in a while, Molten Core style. Say, every year during the WoW anniversary event, bring back a classic raid via LFR. I vote Black Temple next year.

Deleted
    More pets and adding some mounts would be enough (or a satchel for defeating the endboss with a chance to get a rnd mount/the one from the boss itself).

Leave them as is, but add a challenge mode difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I kind of liked old raids in expansions past where they still actually did their mechanics and you could, in essence, see the encounter even though it died in about a minute or two.

Now you go through all of heroic Ragnaros' phases in 20 seconds and that's soloing.

The buff gives us a 1600% damage buff and they also nerfed the HP of all the bosses by a massive amount.

When I 2-manned C'thun at 80 it took 10 minutes. Now 2-manning stuff two expansions behind it dies in 2 seconds. That's a big change.
    Eh, that's because of the power increase you get from 90-100. That was going to happen even without the nerf. After the scaling of power went in I and many others I know were still killing things in the same amount of time it took to kill them as before. For your example, killing C'thun at 80 I don't even see how it took 10 minutes. It only took me and my friend who I ran with weekly to bi-weekly about 5 minutes if even that. Expansions later that time just got cut in half basically each time. By the time in MoP before the pre-6.0 patch I think it took us like 20-30 seconds if even that. So things dying in seconds at that time frame aren't unreasonable.

Only raids that took any time and still do somewhat (depending on normal/heroic) is some Cata Raids and of course MoP raids. I'm still trying to figure out why DS LFR is harder than DS Heroic/Normal. I can kill Ultraxion before first Hour of Twilight in Normal and Heroic, but when it comes to LFR I die and he's still at about 50% or more.

select nothing. because missing 1 option: let them scale, let them drop auto loot (like today in dungeons) and make them viable in the actual addons as a "time machine" with short story in the caverns of time ("we must jump to a few times in the past to correct timeline and kill the evil villains again, because the mad time dragon swarm is changing timline blabla bla bla"). so easy to do, so easy to tell, so easy to get bunch of content. and retro feelings.

wondered why they never did it. sure, its effort to change the old content. but its always more or same effort to build something complete new. they could replace so many content with that and could follow their new mantra "lets give a f**k about quality and do whats have the lessest effort with making the most money".

it seems perfect for blizzard. it would be the option i voted if there was any.

Leave them as is. Let them naturally decay and maybe one day something from those era's will be Bitchin'! cough, t3