Thread: First pc. :-)

First pc. :-)

Been reviewing all these helpful posts here, learning a lot tbh. I'm building my first pc and need some help on the motherboard. I've looked through some and just don't know what to choose. I need to know a reliable one, within budget of 130ish max. Planning on overclocking in the future as well.

CPU : i5 intel 4690k
    GPU: Geforce Gigabyte 960GTX

Thank you

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Z97--DDR3...rds=asus+z97-a

Bit over your budget, but this is really the best bang for the buck board for z97.

Deleted
    If you are at located at USA, look at Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5, its on sale atm at 120bucks when usually on the 140-160 area.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Both of these seem good, especially the gigabyte since it's on sale. Which would be the best out of these? Both seem sufficient. Especially for OC down the road.

I always recommend the most popular board as they usually receive the most updates for longer periods of time, simply for the fact there are more people reporting bugs and whatnot. I just feel asus is really ahead of the game when it comes to a lot of features, like auto overclocking software and fan control management so that is the board i recommend.

Deleted
    Fascinate you are so wrong lol. Asus does more marketing to sell them selves. They are also higher priced than they are worthed. For instance Z97-A has nothing over GA gaming 5, nothing... even the G1 is better with it higher quality audio. Plus when you go to top end mobos, those that are 250-300 euros gigabyte has the upper hand on quality of its products than asus. Its that asus usually is more fancy and goes out linking the 20 software that comes with, most of them you don't even install or use.

As far as the most budget-popular boards go, those are Gigabyte Z97X-sli and ASRock pro4.

I listed above why i feel the asus is worth it, you are free to disagree.

Deleted
    chose any 120-130usd range mobo (asus/gigabyte/msi/asrock) all are the same you cant chose wrong, and will let you OC without problem, good advice was get the one is in promotion