Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

First BRF raid night.

Opinions/observations:
    -Bosses have low health, and do a lot of damage. Trash has high health, doesnt do much damage.
    -Trash drops are raining from the sky.
    -Camera movement is a mechanic on some bosses.
    -Bugs on Ore/Blast bosses.
    -Classes without a ton on movement increasing abilities are pretty boned on some of the bosses with larger rooms.

Your thoughts/opinions/tips/tricks?! We cleared a few, dont raid too late, but overall the zone's numbers seem...off. It's pretty tho. Also noticed a lot of spell changes on the new build for BRF, are those just tool tip changes or did they really drop the ball testing this one?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    23 wipes on Heroic Gruul and counting...not having a good time.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only did some trash and Gruul. I thought the zone looked amazing, and LOVED the music. Tuning seemed a bit low though tbh, but I have only seen one fight!

If you aren't 5/7+ mythic HM, I'd highly suggest starting in normal and going from there or you're probably going to have a (very) bad time (this includes my own guild).

End wing bosses are all tuned harder than the other ones it seems. Blast Furnace is indeed buggy; not sure about Ore, we killed it just fine and what people are talking about with him being bugged seems to be the tanks not doing the mechanics right, not a bug, but I could be wrong.

For reference, I would say Gruul normal is about on par with Heroic Kargath between both tuning and encounter difficulty and it's the easiest fight in there.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2015-02-04 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done it myself (Raiding tomorrow) but been watching some streams for a while. Seems like the difficulty def picks up at the final wing for ALOT of groups.

We only did Gruul, was easy enough once the tanks got the timing down.

We struggled early on with Ore because we were tanking him in a weird spot, and the tanks weren't standing in front of him. Once we got that down we did better, but are struggling with the rolling phase. I just hate how random it appears to be. Got better as the night went on though and hopefully we'll kill it on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    23 wipes on Heroic Gruul and counting...not having a good time.
    I don't even want to know how you wipe on Gruul 23 times.

We did phase 1 of goregorger PERFECT end it with 100% hp. Ready to own phase 2. Then we fail. anyone have a good strat? Simply we get crushed.
    We run as 1 big group behind him and do as much ore as possible kind of falls apart. how did any of you move during phase 2?

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    We did phase 1 of goregorger PERFECT end it with 100% hp. Ready to own phase 2. Then we fail. anyone have a good strat? Simply we get crushed.
    We run as 1 big group behind him and do as much ore as possible kind of falls apart. how did any of you move during phase 2?
    We tried the one big group strat but failed because we weren't killing crates efficiently enough. He would always end up going down paths that didn't have crates killed. But we didn't exactly do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    The best thing to do IMO is to try and stay near intersections nearby where he will slam into the wall, and then you have a few seconds warning to move accordingly. You don't want to get stuck on the outside of the room in particular unless he's way on the other side as you'll be trapped. Of course, the other half of this is keeping an eye on the boss and knowing his routes so you know how to move accordingly when he does get near your intersection. Kill the crates in the more dangerous places on the perimeter when he just went by or when you know you are safe enough to kill them because he's at least a couple moves away and then get back to where you are safer. As a reminder, he will never backtrack on the route he just took.

As for starting p2, I'm not sure if he goes the same way to start every time or not, but the best thing to do would be to get close to the boss so, again, no one is trapped.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2015-02-04 at 05:19 AM.

Gruul and Oregorger aren't too bad. Blast Furnace is hell. Hanz and Franz is AMAZING, stopped at Flamebender after 4 wipes to 30%. Just got tired, will continue later.

All in all it has been fun so far!
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

I did BRF normal with my guild, we got 3 bosses down our first raid night, which isn't too bad for us. We're not super casual, but we're not anything approaching hardcore either.

Gruul: Wiped like 3 times on him, once the tanks figured things out he died easy.

Oregorger: We didn't kill him. We put 5 attempts in on him before deciding to go to another boss. Our best attempt was 43%. P1 wasn't too bad, we got rekt in P2.

Beastlord Darmac. Easiest boss in the instance. We one shotted him when most of the raid hadn't so much as watched a video.

Hans'gar and Franzok. We got them down after 5 tries or so, but there was some really funky shit going on. I'm one of the tanks, and I died through a lot of CDs. I had 424k hp, my co tank had 426k. One time when the other tank got tossed into me, I had Guardian of Ancient Kings, DP and sotr (32%) up, with a shield from a priest. I took 700k damage, instant one shot. The other tank did not have a health buff active, and I did not have any kind of debuff on me. Either I don't understand how these abilities work, or something is very bugged with the normal mode of this fight. I even died through Ardent Defender once.

The first Crippling Suplex seemed to always work as we expected, though the damage seemed a little high. The tank that got grabbed got an Ironbark and a sac. I popped guardian, sotr and DP. We would both always live with me dropping to around 25% and the other tank dropping to around 50%. We had to deal with 3 other throws on our kill attempt. For throw 2 we relied on a guardian spirit on the tank that got grabbed, and I used Ardent Defender + a sac from a ret pally. On the third one, we let the other tank die, and I got a sac, ironbark, guardian, DP, sotr and armor pot. We rezzed the other tank. On the 4th one we used Guardian Spirit and Ardent Defender again.

Lot more trash than I expected with everything spawned

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    We only did Gruul, was easy enough once the tanks got the timing down.

We struggled early on with Ore because we were tanking him in a weird spot, and the tanks weren't standing in front of him. Once we got that down we did better, but are struggling with the rolling phase. I just hate how random it appears to be. Got better as the night went on though and hopefully we'll kill it on Thursday.
    it's really not random at all, the sooner your group understands that the quicker you kill it. He faces a direction, go in another corridor. The only time he banks around a path is if he has a corner he hits. Once you realize what the crash points are your group will never get hit so long as you mark someone to follow that person around for heals. Simple fight once people grasp the concept of that phase

Killed Gruul, Oregorger, Flamebender Ka'grazz, Hans & Frans and Kromog with Oregorger being the hardest.

Not a fan of the claustrophobic hallways.

Started heroic BRF today. Guild did it for 3 hours. 1 wipe to gruul, 6 to oregoregorger, zero wipes to beastmaster hes extremely easy. Zero wipes to hans and frans surprisingly. Like another 5 or 6 to flamebender and around 4 pulls on kormac before calling the raid. So far the raid looks pretty easy but I heard the difficutly really picks up at the end bosses of each wing. Really looking forward to seeing the rest of the raid.

Did Gruul. Bit hard for a fresh 7/7 highmaul guild. Took 2 1/2 hours to kill. Guild leader did normal and thought Gruul would be faceroll. Boy were we surprised. Heard Hans and Frans may be easier then gruul, so may do those tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Good luck EU in BRF tonight /Salute

Gruul down after a couple hours. Healers just weren't ready for the damage.

We killed heroic gruul after 5 wipes, wiped most of the night on oregorger, we ran 20 people. went back in with 11 on normal after official raid and one shot gruul, oregorger and a few others. wiped on blast furnace, defile ftl