Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    So is that it for the elevator bosses in wow? Did they really put a cushion at the bottom of this one or is it a bug? And again, if you guys are staying in 1 group or splitting into multiple groups for ore, throw your healers in at each corner section in the middle of the maze! Boss headed to a healer? Heal hops around the corner, then runs around the same corner where the boss came from, since he will never go back the way he came. Everyone can move around the room freely and keep an eye on the boss. It makes it cake.
    Yeah the nerfed elevator boss made me sad.

We tried doing one big group but were failing, so we decided to split into two. It made a lot easier. I believe we kept heals at the four corners, as they don't have to chase crates and they should be able to cover anyone as long as they stay within the range/area they're supposed to.

So after our full raid week (3 days), my guild managed to down 7/10 Heroic. Needless to say, there were some fights most of us hated, and some we loved, regardless of difficulty.

Gruul: Not particularly interesting. The inferno slices felt a bit...unfair at first in that we had people getting one shot despite being grouped, but we got it together pretty quickly.
    Oregorger: I really like the concept of the maze fight, but I wish they had done more with it. Most of us went to different corners and killed 2-3 boxes and then sat while we waited for him to pick them up, I would have liked something that made you interect with the shape of the map more, maybe mythic has a surprise.
    Hans and Franz: Incredibly entertaining fight, just wish it was longer. We outgear the fight a little but it only took us two attempts and they were short, will enjoy spending more time on this fight in mythic.
    Flamebender Ka'graz: This fight feels really appropriately tuned, kiting the wolves took some getting used to, but nothing about this fight really stands out. It's alright.
    Kromog: The healing on this fight was crazy intense, we had to bring in an extra healing and it was still putting stress on everyone. Tip for anyone raiding with less than 30 players: the closer you can get your raid to group during Runes of Grasping Earth without people fumbling around the same runes, the better. Makes cleaving the hands so much easier. All in all a cool fight
    Beastlord Darmac: Really easy, really boring. Definitely intended as one of the earlier fights in this raid, none of the mechanics are exciting, and none of them are very threatening; we messed up so much and still one shot this boss.
    Operator Thogar: Difficult fight that took us a lot of time and coordination to finally get down. That being said, it was a total blast the whole time. This is my favorite fight in the raid so far; it is unlike any other fight I have seen and it felt like we were able to progress bit by bit after every attempt.

Some of us also took a look at blast furnace on normal as well and it felt...off. For a guild that is overgeared for normal and everyone at 30k+ dps, we absolutely got destroyed by the amount of adds on this fight. It's an end wing boss so I'm sure the difficulty is intended, but we felt pretty helpless every attempt, no matter how much we switched up our strategy with add priorities and positioning. Must just take a lot of practice I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygore View Post
    Some of us also took a look at blast furnace on normal as well and it felt...off. For a guild that is overgeared for normal and everyone at 30k+ dps, we absolutely got destroyed by the amount of adds on this fight. It's an end wing boss so I'm sure the difficulty is intended, but we felt pretty helpless every attempt, no matter how much we switched up our strategy with add priorities and positioning. Must just take a lot of practice I guess.
    We downed Blast Furnace Heroic last night. It was messy at start, but the last try we kinda had everything under control. Can't really say it feels much more difficult than the other tricky bosses so far. We had 7 wipes on Blast Furnace, 6 on Oregorger (could be less if we used right p2 tactics from start), Kromog 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    We downed Blast Furnace Heroic last night. It was messy at start, but the last try we kinda had everything under control. Can't really say it feels much more difficult than the other tricky bosses so far. We had 7 wipes on Blast Furnace, 6 on Oregorger (could be less if we used right p2 tactics from start), Kromog 9.
    What was your priority on adds for phase 1? When did you kill Feldspar? We didn't go in on heroic this week but on normal we couldnt seem to get enough damage out on Feldspar, bellows and engineers.

What was your priority on adds for phase 1? When did you kill Feldspar? We didn't go in on heroic this week but on normal we couldnt seem to get enough damage out on Feldspar, bellows and engineers.
    Bellows>Engineers>Feldspar, with passive cleave on bodyguards. You don't need to kill Feldspar in P1 - heat goes up much, much slower in P2, so getting through P1 as quickly as possible with as little heat generated from bellows operators is key. You can sustain P2 for a very long time if you enter it with only 30 heat, more than enough to burn down Feldspar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does Operator have a soft enrage? My guilds DPS is a bit light. We hit the 8 minute mark with him at 13%, then we had two trains come in with a total of 4 Firemenders, 2 Men-at-Arms and then trains just starting going insane. Wiped us immediately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Does Operator have a soft enrage? My guilds DPS is a bit light. We hit the 8 minute mark with him at 13%, then we had two trains come in with a total of 4 Firemenders, 2 Men-at-Arms and then trains just starting going insane. Wiped us immediately.
    Sounds like it might then; our kill was at just about the 7 minute mark.

Feldspar we killed once p1 was over and we moved into p2. We kill him first in p2 and then moved on the 4 adds that shield the boss. We kill the big adds first, than the Engineers and AOE/cleave has cleaned up the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    it certainly feels like that - we went in there with low geared alts and around8 minutes hell break loose- we dealt with it by saving bl for that phase cause dps wasnot enough to kill it by then but bl and popping al lcds did the trick - was tight though.

Gruul was too easy, Oregorger fine, Hanz&Franz a joke, Darmac a bit less of a joke but still a bad one. Flamebender too easy, Thogar was fine, Kromog very good. Blast Furnace a bit overtuned.

That's my observation of 30 man heroic over 2 raid nights, 3 hours each.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it certainly feels like that - we went in there with low geared alts and around8 minutes hell break loose- we dealt with it by saving bl for that phase cause dps wasnot enough to kill it by then but bl and popping al lcds did the trick - was tight though.
    The soft enrage of this fight happens at 8 minutes with 2 trains carrying adds coming in the middle two lanes, followed almost immediately by two more trains on the outside lanes, also carrying adds. We pulled the entire raid to one side of the stage, and then moved behind one of the middle trains after they stopped (they are the shorter, half trains so there will be space behind them) and just burned boss. Also, because this happens at a set time, not a percent of boss health or anything, it is best to use bloodlust at the start of the fight. Have your raid stand in the 3rd lane from boss (meaning you are initially out of range of the boss, just to describe which lane I'm talking about), and pop lust when tank has pulled him to the right spot. This lane does not have a train in it for the first 40 seconds so you will get the full time to DPS him with lust, and overall make the fight shorter to hopefully avoid reaching the hell that is the 8 minute mark :P

Deleted
    Killed 9/10 normal in our first raid and had like 4 attempts on blackhand getting him down to like 10%.

On our third night our best H. Blackhand attempt was 18%. 18% ! 18% from a world top 10 kill !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superslim View Post
    Killed 9/10 normal in our first raid and had like 4 attempts on blackhand getting him down to like 10%.
    Also thought I would chip in on the difficulty, it does seem like the raid may be overtuned a bit for casual guilds and the ilvl needed to clear certain difficulties is about the same as the difficulty drops