Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixe View Post
    The backlash was because I don't think you understand it, quoting directly from mythic journal: "Hardened slag is impervious to nearly all damage". Using the mob to break through the shield is REQUIRED. It's part of the fight, not some gimmick. To kill the boss on mythic a priest MUST mind control the mob. It works in lesser raids but isn't required. Unless they redesign the fight it's in for good.
    It's 100% not required and 100% a gimmick. There's no way whatsoever that Blizzard will tell you "get a priest or go home". Another mythic-only mechanic is Slag Pool, and I'm almost positive you'll need to tank them inside it. But I guarantee you that there is no chance at all that you're expected to mind control the adds (at least not with a priest's Dominate Mind, they might choose to add some sort of Mind Control Orb a la BWL) -- whether you will be able to is a different argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It's 100% not required and 100% a gimmick. There's no way whatsoever that Blizzard will tell you "get a priest or go home".
    I remember Blizzard saying a while ago (2 blizzcons ago? some random blue post / blog maybe?) that one of the reasons they wanted to go back to a single raid size, and a raid size of 20, was so that they could introduce such class specific mechanics. Something about them not considering it unreasonable to expect a mythic roster to contain at least one priest. Something they couldn't do with multiple raid sizes or a smaller single raid size. (I doubt every 10man had priest for example).

About this specific mechanic though, no idea if it's intended or not. Our priest mentioned it was already immune last night and I forgot to spec it to test (and we didn't wipe )
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2015-02-05 at 04:43 AM.

It's 100% not required and 100% a gimmick. There's no way whatsoever that Blizzard will tell you "get a priest or go home". Another mythic-only mechanic is Slag Pool, and I'm almost positive you'll need to tank them inside it. But I guarantee you that there is no chance at all that you're expected to mind control the adds (at least not with a priest's Dominate Mind, they might choose to add some sort of Mind Control Orb a la BWL) -- whether you will be able to is a different argument.
    When mythic was first announced at blizzcon they specifically said they want to bring back class specific roles in raids like old times. This is one of them. For mythic a priest, just 1 is required to MC. This isn't really up for debate, the journal spells out the mob is impervious and there is a mob, who is mind controllable, who has an ability to break the ability AND grant extra damage. It's a required mechanic for Mythic and helpful for normal/heroic.

Then I won't say another word on the subject, but I think it's bullshit to reinstate deprecated mechanics from a decade ago and take a massive leap backwards, stepping on the raid philosophy they've been building since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-05 at 05:28 AM.

Then I won't say another word on the subject, but I think it's bullshit to reinstate deprecated mechanics from a decade ago and take a massive leap backwards, stepping on the raid philosophy they've been building since Cataclysm.
    Yes cause Cataclysm had such a great design Philosophy, oh wait that's right, subscriptions started plummeting with Cataclysm.

God forbid you bring at least one of each spec to MYTHIC.

Back on topic, 6.1 Cascade looks sexier for Oregorger than Halo. And 6.1 Sear Insanity looks sexy for beastlord. WTB 6.1

-spectral guise can break the penetrating shot on iron maidens, so no damage happens.
    -mass despell on beastlord can save you from a wipe
    -you can disperse through flamebender's molten torrent. you can disperse a lot of things
    -im curious to try and see if you can phantasm off gruuls stone debuff, but did not try during my own raid. Will try to remember this next week.
    -feathers are good

other than that pray for crit gear so you can switch to AS asap.

Deleted
    Operator Thorgar: Mind sear and Halo are really strong here. When mind sear Insanity goes live we will do disgusting damage. I only managed 34k but it was our first try and we one shotted the boss so i didn't exactly have time to optimize anything. But mindsear was my top dmg spell.

Iron Maidens: SoD is great here. You can keep dots up on 3 targets and machine gun mind spikes except for when you go on boat but even they you can cleave on 2 of the bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2015-02-05 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Keep it coming guys.

Another mythic-only mechanic is Slag Pool
    That's actually untrue, links on the front page of MMOchampion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    -spectral guise can break the penetrating shot on iron maidens, so no damage happens.
    -mass despell on beastlord can save you from a wipe
    -you can disperse through flamebender's molten torrent. you can disperse a lot of things
    -im curious to try and see if you can phantasm off gruuls stone debuff, but did not try during my own raid. Will try to remember this next week.
    Was wondering can you spectral guise out of flamebender torrent?

9/10 Heroic completed (and 2pc yay.)

CoP/Insanity for the first 8/10

CoP/SoD for Iron Maidens

for Blast Furnance Silence the Slag elemental that your RL picks to kill so it moves toward the fixate. (also this fight is about single target priority, don't be a padding idiot)

There isn't anything else special I could think of, besides that spectral guise for Piercing Shot on maidens that someone mentioned.
    Last edited by Naux; 2015-02-05 at 01:26 PM.

- Hans and Franz seems like it would be a good candidate for SoD but it's not. One of them is untargetable/out of range for a sizable portion of the fight. Stick with Insanity and channel it on the stable platform between belts.

- On Cromog try to get in a rune in the back center (assuming most of the raid will be towards the boss) and use halo to help break others out (and pad meters!)

- More of a general tip but keep your dots rolling on oregorger when he's in phase 2. Line of sight isn't typical here you can usually hit boxes that appear to be out of LoS.
    Disperse will save you if you're in a bad spot for the roll.

- Fuck everything about blast furnace.

I agree with Hans and Franz... multidotting was getting annoying with Franz or Hans constantly going out of range, so annoying -.-

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephster View Post
    - Hans and Franz seems like it would be a good candidate for SoD but it's not. One of them is untargetable/out of range for a sizable portion of the fight. Stick with Insanity and channel it on the stable platform between belts.

- On Cromog try to get in a rune in the back center (assuming most of the raid will be towards the boss) and use halo to help break others out (and pad meters!)

- More of a general tip but keep your dots rolling on oregorger when he's in phase 2. Line of sight isn't typical here you can usually hit boxes that appear to be out of LoS.
    Disperse will save you if you're in a bad spot for the roll.

- Fuck everything about blast furnace.
    Good tips, but Blast Furnace is amazing. We went there first night of raid rather than doing the easy boss and had a ... blast! Probably my favorite fight so far in a good instance with varied mechanics.

Maidens is looking interesting. I just can't wait for AS to become reasonable - with 20% crit I was getting comparable results between CoP and AS in it's current form. Dot's too drop off the boss that goes to the boat, so let them fall off naturally. Instant MB is hard to lose for mobility in the bomb phases though and I can't count the number of times I try and move with MB. This was with our crappy 2 set though which synergises much better with AS than Cop IMO.

Deleted
    I think that with the buffs coming in 6.1, I believe that Spriest will likely be the best spec in the entire game for raiding. Maybe survival hunter will beat us but the sheer amount of flexibility we will have is going to be amazing.

A lot of specs are currently built around niches: fire AoE, arcane ST, enhance AoE, WW cleave, arms cleave/AoE, combat cleave/AoE, sub ST. Spriest will have everything.

- AS for multi-target fights like Blast
    - CoP for Gruul and Blackhand
    - SoD for iron maidens and belt boys
    - Sear for Operator
    - Cascade for Oregorger
    - If VEntropy is buffed further, another viable choice for cleave

You get my point. The flexibility of talent choices that 6.1 will bring will make us strong at virtually anything. Good burst AoE, good cleave, great single-target, great burst if needed, MC on blast, good multi-dotting, good survivability, good execute, scales well, raid healing, utility and high DPS on movement.

6.1 can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-02-06 at 01:33 AM.

Flamebender Ka'graz + Spectral guise = No, YOU kite that while I kill stuff.

6.1 needs to happen NOW. There are sooo many scenarios where I would take advantage of the new changes and do great damage, but instead I'm stuck doing CoP. It sucks.

i was doing CoP/SoD for that i just spammed VP on the targets i wasn't on and used halo whenever i could for blast furnace and i got lots of procs and was doing around 40k, wish i had logs but our boomkin forgot to log our fights that night so i have no evidence of it. but that was the only fight i had damage like that at 666 ilvl. and the reflective shield glyph does wonders for the the first 2 bosses, other bosses so far i don't see a reason for it tho.

For the moment i'm not specially aiming to top the meters ( even if i'm doing quite well overall being in top 3 dps members around 30-35k dps), what i'm aiming for is to max out my utility in raid.

So i keep going with CoP/ToF/ Insanity and go for priority single target dps.

I'm siting around 60% mastery so i do not dot weave.

My rotation is easy and does work out quite well.

1) MB when available
    2) DP
    3) Insanity during DP
    4) Spam MS

On bosses :
    gruul : nothing to say
    Ore : Dot him on phase two and keep blasting crates
    Beast: Dot the boss and Halo adds, for the rest single target lances
    Hans: single target, dot once the other boss when he arrives, not worth it after because he goes away
    Flame : dot boss when wolves come up, single target after that

haven't got enough time to test out the other things on heroix because it was late night.

I was wondering, is anyone else finding the amount of damage taken globally realy brutal in heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    6.1 needs to happen NOW. There are sooo many scenarios where I would take advantage of the new changes and do great damage, but instead I'm stuck doing CoP. It sucks.
    You can still play AS for a lot of the fights and do better damage than CoP, especially with 25% raid buffed crit, like Blast furnace/Darmac/IronMaidens, once you replace a few sub shit pieces for Crit and get 4 set you can probably attempt AS with SoD on a couple of others as well.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2015-02-06 at 02:29 PM.