Ele shaman gear/haste question

I have a couple of questions for my fellow shamans

is tier 17 680 gear> highmaul mythic gear?..(i think tier is better because the bonus even 5 ilvls lower)

is elemental mastery + lust + troll racial worth it or would i be gcd capped at that point?.

let me know what you think please i am a goblin atm and thinking of going troll or orc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeretius View Post
    I have a couple of questions for my fellow shamans

is tier 17 680 gear> highmaul mythic gear?..(i think tier is better because the bonus even 5 ilvls lower)
    Yes.

is elemental mastery + lust + troll racial worth it or would i be gcd capped at that point?.
    Yes, GCD capped during Berserking w/ Lust+EM.

let me know what you think please i am a goblin atm and thinking of going troll or orc.
    Go Panda or stay as a Goblin.
    It's worth replacing all the 685 gear with 680 Multistrike gear.

Yes and yes, respectively.

Once you go troll, you never reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhkis View Post
    Go Panda or stay as a Goblin.
    Why Panda over Troll?
    Elemental Shaman Armory: Holozoic

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    Why Panda over Troll?
    Panda is the only race in the game where you can select your racial bonus via the food buff. In other words, you can get extra multistrike. This will be more potent in 6.1 when they release stronger food, especially if they don't update the other racial abilities in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    Panda is the only race in the game where you can select your racial bonus via the food buff. In other words, you can get extra multistrike. This will be more potent in 6.1 when they release stronger food, especially if they don't update the other racial abilities in the process.
    so 65+ Int flat increase isn't worth as much as 125 of a secondary stat? I think not... On top of that, the extra int is always up, regardless. You dont have to eat something to get it. 65~ Int vs 125 secondary stat(multistrike most likely)
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar View Post
    so 65+ Int flat increase isn't worth as much as 125 of a secondary stat? I think not... On top of that, the extra int is always up, regardless. You dont have to eat something to get it. 65~ Int vs 125 secondary stat(multistrike most likely)
    The answer was in response to Panda vs. Troll, not Panda vs Draenei. Context matters.

But in regards to your discussion: simulations and spreadsheets repeatedly place multistrike as worth more than 50% of intel, so the two are very comparable. Sure, food buffs don't persist after death, but if your argument is based on regularly dying on fights then you have bigger issues than the minor difference between racials.

Furthermore, simulations and Bink's spreadsheet both suggest that Dwarf and Tauren bonuses are stronger than Draenei.

Ultimately, none of this matters in the long-term as the difference between best and worst race is insignificant.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2015-02-05 at 02:25 AM.

Deleted
    Considering that you are haste capped with EM + lust + troll racial, maybe you should consider orc? Their racial is almost as good as the troll one and it scales very well with haste.