Deleted

6.1 Prayer of Mending: What's the deal now?

So I have been looking up things, and I don't have PTR access, but what I understand is that they are saying that Prayer of Mending will have 10 charges instead of 5, and the T17 2-set should add another 4 to that. BUT on the PTR your PoM still only have 5 charges when you cast it?

Can anyone confirm now if this is a bug or not. Because this changes everything for Holy.

If our Prayer of Mendings have 14 charges, we can spec into DI + CoP with a Multistrike/Mastery build.

If our Prayer of Mendings will remain to have 5 charges (but a character can have up to 14?), we will probably stay with renew/coh with Multistrike/Haste.

I would love to have an answer if someone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaya View Post
    So I have been looking up things, and I don't have PTR access, but what I understand is that they are saying that Prayer of Mending will have 10 charges instead of 5, and the T17 2-set should add another 4 to that. BUT on the PTR your PoM still only have 5 charges when you cast it?
    Apparently the change only lets it stack up to 10 times (casting it someone who already has it), but my assumption is that the priest 2-piece will let you start with 10 charges right off the bat.

If our Prayer of Mendings have 14 charges, we can spec into DI + CoP with a Multistrike/Mastery build.
    You'll/should be doing that even if it's 10 charges.

It's a really weird change that only complicates things, from what I can see.

PoM doesn't start with 10 charges, they changed it so that if PoM bounces to someone who already has PoM, instead of overwriting/canceling the one that was already there, it will instead add stacks, up to 10 total.

The 2pc makes it start at 9 stacks instead of 5.

I still say that instead of making this clunky, confusing change, they should have just made PoM/WoM/DI count as different spell ID's so that they don't interfere with each other.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2015-02-04 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    So basically the 6.1 PoM changes make it so that the maximum amount of charges someone can have is 10.
    This means without the 2-set we will be casting PoM's with 5 charges, and with the 2-set they will go up to 9?

Even with 9 I assume Multistrike/Mastery with DI + CoP will be the way to go, right?
    Last edited by mmoc140ef8ce58; 2015-02-04 at 06:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even with 9 I assume Multistrike/Mastery with DI + CoP will be the way to go, right?
    CoP is still a substantial healing loss over PoH a majority of the time - it requires the target to be less than 34% health to equal PoH in HPS. I thought it could be viable to use in place of Renew in our spam rotation some of the time, but it currently does not reduce CoH's CD in sanctuary chakra. Overall, it still doesn't seem like it will be viable over WoM even if we are wasting PoMs/Serendipity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    CoP is still a substantial healing loss over PoH a majority of the time - it requires the target to be less than 34% health to equal PoH in HPS. I thought it could be viable to use in place of Renew in our spam rotation some of the time, but it currently does not reduce CoH's CD in sanctuary chakra. Overall, it still doesn't seem like it will be viable over WoM even if we are wasting PoMs/Serendipity.
    Even with the +20% buff? At least it refreshes renew, so that's nice :c

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Even with the +20% buff? At least it refreshes renew, so that's nice :c
    Yep =( Allow me to steal Ceddya's math:

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    You're right, just realized that I made wrong calculations wrt to my numbers.

CoP obtains HPET parity at 46.5% HP (720% base * 1.535 = PoH's 1105%). The buff also gives CoP similar HPM to PoH at 100% HP.

If we assume that each PoM, with the 2 piece, heals for ~104% * 9 = 937%, each PoH cast would generate 1 stack of WoM and net you 937% / 10 = 93.7% additional healing. With this in mind, CoP would achieve HPET parity at 33.5% HP (720% base * 1.665 = PoH's + 1/10 PoM's 1199%). HPM equivalency would be achieved at 92.5% HP.
    That is interesting about Renew though... we might be able to get some interesting "Jhazrun style" gameplay with it I suppose, especially if you consider the HPM of CoP more valuable with the higher costs of that playstyle overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yep =( Allow me to steal Ceddya's math [snip]
    Is the math also taking into account that CoP heals 6 people?

I would use CoP simply for the fact that it doesn't wreck your mana pool. With the 4pc, Holy will be getting shittons of free Serendipity, so you'll be casting tons of CoP, and thus getting tons of DI procs, and the cycle repeats.

Even with Serendipity, PoH still costs far too much to be using it often, whereas CoP only costs ~4400 with 2 serendipity.

So basically the 6.1 PoM changes make it so that the maximum amount of charges someone can have is 10.
    This means without the 2-set we will be casting PoM's with 5 charges, and with the 2-set they will go up to 9?
    With the 2pc, it puts your max PoM stacks to 14, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Is the math also taking into account that CoP heals 6 people?
    Barring any horrific last-minute changes I'm unaware of, it does; the base spellpower coefficient is 120% per person healed, and 720/120 = 6.
    Oh yeah, look at it go! Roll out the barrel; feel it in your bones!
    6.2 Healing Priest Spreadsheets; Legion Holy Priest Rotation Calculator (WiP)