10+ Year Old Account

Do you replace mythic HM with Normal tier?

My guild is clearing out normal BRF before we do heroic. I currently have helm/chest/gloves as mythic HM, pants and shoulders as 655... but I am not planning on using the pants tier piece as it is not on my BiS list for arcane.

Do I replace the mythic 3 pieces I have with normal tier for a dps gain as arcane? If it's not a dps gain would the heroic tier be?

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shade/advanced

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, according to some charts on altered time, the arcane tierset bonuses are a 1k and 2k increase from 0->2set and 2->4set. This is without actually changing gear, just turning on bonuses and simming.

So, with that in mind, is ~150int and some secondaries going to be more valuable than a ~3k dps increase?

There was a post on altered time that I believe pointed to yes for at least arcane for 2 piece but the difference was pretty slight from mythic to normal 2 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer: These are sims that I ran today (2/4) on SimC (603-26) for my own character's gear - I'm about 680ilvl and you can see my gear in my armory link in my sig if you really want. Your own character may differ, and you should run yourself. All fights are 300 second length, set to light movement.

For the 2 piece sets I swapped out gloves/legs, because at a very cursory glance that seemed to be best for my own gear since the helm/shoulders already had mastery, and I had a gem on my chest, and b/c out of the 5 slots my gloves are my only 670 piece. For the 4 set I did helm/chest/gloves/legs. I didn't do much research into exactly what piece combinations might be best, I just wanted to get an idea.

Arcane: Single-target

Fire: Single-target

Fire: 2-target

Edit: The #'s after the spec show what talents I ran for this if anyone wonders. So for Arcane (322) that's SN/RoP/PC; Fire is 133 or LB/IF/Met
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2015-02-04 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Arcane: Single-target

Fire: Single-target

Fire: 2-target

Edit: The #'s after the spec show what talents I ran for this if anyone wonders. So for Arcane (322) that's SN/RoP/PC; Fire is 133 or LB/IF/Met
    So Fire is already that OP again that it does more dps without any Tier than Arcane does with full Tier in most fights? Arcane seems to be a horrible choice for anything that isn't a pure singletarget with rare movement fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    So Fire is already that OP again that it does more dps without any Tier than Arcane does with full Tier in most fights? Arcane seems to be a horrible choice for anything that isn't a pure singletarget with rare movement fight.
    Arcane no tier does 38.5k. Fire 4p does 34.5k. You read the cleave chart.

Yes, it's worth downgrading from heroic to normal tier, for fire and arcane. I'm not sure about frost... The frost 2 piece is lackluster. Actually frost 4 piece is lackluster too. Fire is pretty much useless until you hit 3 targets, after that its king.