Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Did the slag pool show up in phase 2 a lot and increase his blast frequency for anyone else? Journals makes it seem like it's a mythic mechanic. It wasn't there on our kill but it was on some of our wipes.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• On The Blast Furnace encounter, Slag Pool is used on all difficulties; but the journal currently incorrectly suggests that it is Mythic only. In 6.1 the journal will accurately reflect that Slag Pool affects the Heart of the Mountain during Phase 2.

It seems that the slag pool isn't properly spawning on occasion which drastically lowers the healing reqs for the encounter. Or there's something else to it but I don't see much info in the journal.

What people may not know about p3: Boss superheats upon entering the phase.

That means Heat Blast is on a static timer for the rest of the encounter. Steady state raid damage.

However, tank damage is slowly ramping up and you're running out of space slowly, these two work as soft enrage.

I was wrong.
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2015-02-10 at 11:25 AM.

If you don't like to spread your raid into two groups in p1 it's also possible to tank everything on one side and focus on one heat regulator. Ranges have to kill the big guy on the opposite side. After the first regulator is down just switch sides.

Deleted
    As others have said, focus on getting the Elementalists down in 1 go each time, it really makes P3 a world of a difference easier. I'd say it could even be worth having stuff like Resto druids go HotW if you're struggling that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    What people may not know about p3: Boss superheats upon entering the phase.

That means Heat Blast is on a static timer for the rest of the encounter. Steady state raid damage.

However, tank damage is slowly ramping up and you're running out of space slowly, these two work as soft enrage.
    That isn't true. Watch here.

His heat isn't maxed heading into phase 3. Count the seconds. He does a blast at 8:28, 8:38, 8:48 and so on. Then later on when his heat finally maxes out he starts doing them every 6 seconds. 10:15, 10:21, 10:26 in the video and so on.

Deleted
    How do you use the 3rd tank? What are the 3 tanks assigned to during phase 1, 2 and 3?

I attempted this in a PUG and we made solid progress before people had to leave. The strat we used was to have everyone besides the two best ranged singletarget DPS go left, pulling the whole room there and cleaving onto everything from Foreman, meanwhile the two rdps would focus down the operators on the right side from max range. Benefit is that there is one big cleave pile instead of two. Once left furnace widget gets blown up, the entire group moves to right side and repeats, this time cleaving on to foreman from operators. In phase 2, we burned Foreman until first slag came out, then dragged in on top of an elementalist and popped progression lust, killed elementalist and then Foreman (sometimes he would die before slag, depending if we had deaths etc). From there, we focused Firecallers, making sure that they were interrupted, and attempted to kill more elementalists, sadly apparently its hard to actually do this... :P too many people wanted to just mongo cleave and ignore mechanics.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

I don't think you're supposed to kill just one heat regulator at once. Once you kill one the heat meter starts to go up rapidly making the rest of the encounter much more healing intensive.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last phase is really easy if you position properly. Seen lots of videos where people nearly run out of room because they position poorly in the third phase.

Hint: There is A LOT of room behind the heat regulators to position all of your range and healers. It took us 4 attempts to kill this boss total, and our first entry into P3 was a kill. Our range/healers lined the walls back by one of the heat regulators and we didn't have to move the boss for well over a minute. We out geared the encounter by 10iLvLs, but we had at least 50% of the room left to move the boss and we still had lust up.

Upon entering P2 we burned the foreman before working on the slag/elementalists. Tanks picked up firecallers and interrupted then while people focused on burning down the elementalist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to kill just one heat regulator at once. Once you kill one the heat meter starts to go up rapidly making the rest of the encounter much more healing intensive.
    I wasn't able to find this mechanic stated anywhere. What changes when one regulator is killed/turned off? Does it affect the rate at which the operators increase the heat level?
    I'm asking because this is the tactic i was also assuming would be the most "efficient" as you AOE/cleave double the amount of mobs.

P2 will be a lot easier once every DD in your raid understands that it's a single target encounter. Operators and Elementalists have to die asap. Check Skada for Elementalist damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_AllCOM3 View Post
    P2 will be a lot easier once every DD in your raid understands that it's a single target encounter. Operators and Elementalists have to die asap. Check Skada for Elementalist damage.
    Can't emphasize this enough. Let the classes that cleave well passively do so, and everyone else just focuses on whatever target is the priority at the moment.

In the last phase just make sure to start in one of the corners and move slowly from there - realize that you can control where you drop that stuff, so don't have people be stupid with it.

Quote Originally Posted by erik25 View Post
    I wasn't able to find this mechanic stated anywhere. What changes when one regulator is killed/turned off? Does it affect the rate at which the operators increase the heat level?
    I'm asking because this is the tactic i was also assuming would be the most "efficient" as you AOE/cleave double the amount of mobs.
    When you kill one you'll see a raid warning that "Furnace Pressure is out of control! The Heart of the Mountain starts gaining more heat!" and it will start to gain heat even without any operators up until the second regulator dies.

We downed this on normal last night, and other than the damage and health pools ramping up I'm don't think we'll have any issues. The key is killing adds as fast as possible and ensuring that you mind control the security guards to control the elementals otherwise things can get hairy really quick. P3 we drag the boss to the back of the room and have the ranged/heals stack up to drop the slag on the edge and kite him around the room avoiding the pools as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that many ppl skip maidens and say that they are hard etc. My guild did it with 2 healers in a 20 man grp. The fight is so easy just because you can avoid alot of the dmg, my guild have 680 ilvl tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    This is wrong, by the way. Each Engineer has 5 bombs on himself in total. Regardless whether he throws the bombs out (by himself or using MC) or drops them upon death, so there is no way to hasten the phase 1 process by using MC in the way you said. It's useful to control who to give the Bomb to, though.
    /shrug.

All I know is that if we use the MC strat we get the regulators down before the 3rd bellow guy even has a chance to spawn. If we do it without MC the third guy is usually dead before we kill the regulator. So that seems to save a ton of time and helps keep heat much lower making healing in p2 that much easier.

Does the boss gain more heat, if you fail on certain mechanics during p1, for example standing in ruptures? we have a huge difference in heat in almost every fight, even if we are killing the bellowgrons as quick as possible. there are tries, where we are at full heat right at the start of p2...

Quote Originally Posted by schworck View Post
    Does the boss gain more heat, if you fail on certain mechanics during p1, for example standing in ruptures? we have a huge difference in heat in almost every fight, even if we are killing the bellowgrons as quick as possible. there are tries, where we are at full heat right at the start of p2...
    Closing one hatch increases the heat gained by a lot.

Well, we had one night of pulls on it, and it's the last thing standing between us nad the Blackhand...

We mannage to beat 3rd opperator spawn every time and transition cleanly. After that though it turns into massive clusterf**k. We kill first elementalist, kill second with foreman dieing at the roughly same time, we mannage to down 3rd consistently but by that time we have like 10+ security guards and firecallers around and it gets pretty messy pretty fast. We don't have any boomies, and only have one Combat, one enha, one unholy and one Arms out of strong cleave options. ST focusing goes good but we simply get overwhelmed on adds, and I don't know what to change to improve it... My only idea so far is to reduce raid size, sit the lowest performing ST DPS and healer or 2 and thus improve strong cleave DPS vs add HP ratio.. any tips?
    Free speech covers everything, except arguing against free speech. You can not use a concept as an argument against itself.