Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I think when they are all together in Defenders there'll be a bit more levity.
    Grim group of people that go around punching people.

Is Iron Fist le gay? Cuz we'd have white boy, chick, black dude... to balance the 2016 agenda, IF needs to be gay. Just sayin'.

that Luke Cage got me hyped though, probably watched that 12 times so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Grim group of people that go around punching people.

Is Iron Fist le gay? Cuz we'd have white boy, chick, black dude... to balance the 2016 agenda, IF needs to be gay. Just sayin'.

that Luke Cage got me hyped though, probably watched that 12 times so far.
    He's not gay, at least in the comics. There's a bit of bromance between him and Luke, but he's married to and has a kid with Misty Knight. Who will be debuting in Luke Cage, played by Simone Missick. So, not gay, but in an inter-racial marriage. Reckon that'll be 2016 enough?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    He's not gay, at least in the comics. There's a bit of bromance between him and Luke, but he's married to and has a kid with Misty Knight. Who will be debuting in Luke Cage, played by Simone Missick. So, not gay, but in an inter-racial marriage. Reckon that'll be 2016 enough?
    Are they married? Because Misty Knight is sleeping with Sam Wilson and apart of the black only club that meets in secret before War Machine's funeral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Are they married? Because Misty Knight is sleeping with Sam Wilson and apart of the black only club that meets in secret before War Machine's funeral.
    I know they were. Things change so quickly in Marvel it's hard to tell... I know they were and had had a kid in the last Iron Fist arc I read before Secret Wars, but everything changed after that so who knows.

Edit: okay, it seems during the "8th city" arc they got engaged, but were never actually married.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-07-25 at 01:45 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Another Luke Cage trailer and i am so hyped.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Another Luke Cage trailer and i am so hyped.
    I have high hopes, he was great in JJ and the trailers seem great. DD2 and JJ didn't really live up to hopes for me.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Yep, I'm going to smash the entire season that weekend. Can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I'm not sure if this was brought up earlier, but Punisher knows that Matt is Daredevil, yeah? I mean, even if he didn't get a good look at him minus his mask in the finale, the way he looked at Matt when he was on the witness stand, the look on his face as he was listening to him speak, to me, was a strong indicator that he recognized Matt's voice. After all, the show pretty firmly established that Frank is very, very good at reading and seeing through people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah true... Unless they bring Purple Man back...

I think it could be alright if they have Iron Fist as the funny one, Jessica as sorta in between, Luke as the "Straight guy" to Danny's joker and Daredevil still being a moody prick.

It's a fine line to walk tbh.
    DD isn't always moody. He's an optimistic positive guy and always was. He just had too much on his plate in season 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I'm not sure if this was brought up earlier, but Punisher knows that Matt is Daredevil, yeah? I mean, even if he didn't get a good look at him minus his mask in the finale, the way he looked at Matt when he was on the witness stand, the look on his face as he was listening to him speak, to me, was a strong indicator that he recognized Matt's voice. After all, the show pretty firmly established that Frank is very, very good at reading and seeing through people.
    I think he does, but I think Frank does actually respect what DD is doing and won't hassle him about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I think he does, but I think Frank does actually respect what DD is doing and won't hassle him about it
    Yeah. You gotta remember that Frank wants wrongdoers to be punished. He thinks that needs to be a bit more final than Matt does, but Matt's a kindred spirit in Frank's eyes. They don't disagree about goals, but about methods. Even if he's gonna go to prison, snitching on Matt is A> weak, and B> means there's one less guy out there working to stop the bad guys, which is Frank's REAL goal. Even if Daredevil only hurts them real bad, meaning they might heal and go back to hurting others again, it's better than just letting them run rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Oh yeah, I know hassling people isn't Frank's style. He doesn't really give a shit about secret identities or whatnot. And he definitely has a little respect for DD; that moment on the boat where DD said that maybe just this once, he would agree to killing Blacksmith, Frank was a bit taken aback, surprised, and oddly defensive. IMO, Frank agrees that what he does is monstrous, and horrific, but in his opinion, necessary. He doesn't want anyone else to do it because he sees it as his burden to bear and no one else's. He wouldn't want DD to go around killing bad guys.

My point was, he knows where to find Matt if he wants to/needs to cause he knows who he is.

Deleted

GET HYPE

NYCC teaser trailer for Ironfist

And Sigourney Weaver has been confirmed as the big bad for The Defenders series

Deleted
    The only thing i wonder about the Defenders is, how are they going to deal with battles?

Daredevil is the only one who's really Human, and when you compare the series of Daredevil, Luke Cage and JJ, Daredevil's is the only one that holds any weight in conflict because he's shown he's still vulnerable to things and can be bested physically. LC and JJ have super strength and endurance, and while they can't fight as proficiently as IF or DD, it's still a massive advantage which sort of eliminates the tension of a battle. Meanwhile IF has psuedo super strength due to his training, so he can always pull it out as his ace in the hole with fighting.

DD quite literally is the weakest link, yet the only one who can give any real weight to physical conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    The only thing i wonder about the Defenders is, how are they going to deal with battles?

Daredevil is the only one who's really Human, and when you compare the series of Daredevil, Luke Cage and JJ, Daredevil's is the only one that holds any weight in conflict because he's shown he's still vulnerable to things and can be bested physically. LC and JJ have super strength and endurance, and while they can't fight as proficiently as IF or DD, it's still a massive advantage which sort of eliminates the tension of a battle. Meanwhile IF has psuedo super strength due to his training, so he can always pull it out as his ace in the hole with fighting.

DD quite literally is the weakest link, yet the only one who can give any real weight to physical conflict.
    JJ is still human and can be damaged like anyone else
    Ironfist has to focus his chi to do his thing so that take concentration
    Punisher is human , just lots of guns

They will balance it just fine.

Deleted
    Punisher is human , just lots of guns.
    Is Punisher going to turn up in The Defenders? I know they're shooting his solo series at the moment.

Also, naturally Punisher is only human. He spent about 11 episodes of DDS2 with a bruised face and bandages. I thought it was pretty awesome they made sure Frank's battle damage didn't vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Is Punisher going to turn up in The Defenders? I know they're shooting his solo series at the moment.

Also, naturally Punisher is only human. He spent about 11 episodes of DDS2 with a bruised face and bandages. I thought it was pretty awesome they made sure Frank's battle damage didn't vanish.
    They are filming the solo series right now and its been hinted that he will be in Defenders but sure at what capacity

They are filming the solo series right now and its been hinted that he will be in Defenders but sure at what capacity
    My guess would be a cameo or two since the Defenders was mainly going to be written with the four main heroes, but after DareDevil Season 2 who knows for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard that Sigourney will either be playing a Genderbent Mephisto, or some avatar/human henchman of his.

If they go with the first it's a bit *Sigh*, if it's the second I'm 100% behind that. Could be a lot of fun.

That new Iron Fist trailer hyped me the fuck up!

Woo! I love Iron Fist/Danny Rand in comics. The Netflix series looks just about perfect. That shot of the dragon on Danny's chest, the scenes where his Chi is being channeled into his fists, aaa! Loved it.

Fan-girl'd out at that trailer. Iron Fist!