Page 1 of 35
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Marvel's Daredevil and The Defenders

Well, looks like another comic book tv show. This looks like it could be amazing, from what is shown in the trailer it also looks fairly dark/brutal too (which is good).

A blind lawyer with his other senses superhumanly enhanced fights crime as a costumed superhero.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3322312/

Season 1 of “Marvel's Daredevil” will premiere with 13 one-hour episodes on April 10 on Netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great. Another damn superhero show.

...add another to the "Things to Watch" list.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Deleted
    hmm I loved the movie, this might be interesting..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    hmm I loved the movie, this might be interesting..
    Agreed, I really liked the movie (I was young at the time though), a lot of people hated it though lol.

Either way, different Director/Actors etc and it's a TV show not a film, so it's a clean slate.

Deleted
    This looks really interesting! Will give this one a try for sure.

It looks interesting, if a tad low-budget. I liked seeing the old blind guy that trained him, even if I can't remember the details as much as my younger days. It's not even that far off, is it? (April?)
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really looking forward to this and I like the tone in the trailer.

Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin has me really interested. I hope his an antagonist though out the Defenders series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It looks interesting, if a tad low-budget. I liked seeing the old blind guy that trained him, even if I can't remember the details as much as my younger days. It's not even that far off, is it? (April?)
    It's all being dumped onto Netflix on April 10th and the Budget is anything but low , it looks grimy and gritty on purpose but this is Netflix working with Marvel/Disney, they're thrown DOLLA at this show.

I'm cautiously optimistic, Charlie Cox looks good as Daredevil, it's based on the Frank Millar "Man without fear" comic and it has Debrah Ann Woll, Rosario Dawson and Vincent D'Onofrio...

Honestly I'm not sure how this WONT be worth watching . I think I might have to just session it back to back on the 10/11/12th!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Trailer looks really good. The actor playing Daredevil looks really good (hello). Looks like I'll be resubbing to Netflix soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure how this WONT be worth watching . I think I might have to just session it back to back on the 10/11/12th!
    Me and the 2 friends I live with has already planned everything we need to watch it from start to end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Me and the 2 friends I live with has already planned everything we need to watch it from start to end
    Hahaha same! Same, I've got some friends coming to stay that weekend and inspired by Nerdy Nummies we're going bake a bunch of Daredevil themed stuff on the 9th (Can't think of any yet...) and then just frakking SESSION the show as soon as it comes out .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was I the only one clicking on the David Tennant link after the trailer?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    might rewatch the daredevil movie tonight. cant remember it at all.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping to start burning through the series tonight. I'm just not sure what time it will end up on the Australian Netflix, either way I've got a bit of a full on weekend, but should still manage to watch a good chunk!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm going to watch it all this weekend, I can't wait, I hope it's as awesome as the trailer makes it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Yeah i'm going to watch it all this weekend, I can't wait, I hope it's as awesome as the trailer makes it out to be.
    The reviews so far have been pretty glowing!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    This give me a great reason to cancel my cable sub.
    You cared enough to post.

Finished watching the 1st episode earlier, and I really really really enjoyed it! And this is coming from someone who (Ignoring the movie) never really thought much of Daredevil (I generally thought of him as "Oh no it that red dickhead whose always harassing the Punisher, and then Punisher kicks his blind ass")

I like the fact that vague references are made to the MCU, but that it keeps it vague...enough to know the show is connected, but they can otherwise essentially do their own thing.

I'm really hoping there's no S.H.E.I.L.D connection though, as I'm quite sick of them in relation to the MCU. I won't say anything else, but if your on the fence...it's worth a watch, it really is a good show.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    No spoilers

4 eps in and about to head to bed.

I'm really liking the show. I'm just not sure if I love or hate D'Onofrio as Fisk. To me Kingpin has the vibe that they are trying to create a hybrid of both Hannibal (The class and Wealth and physical power) and Will Graham (his personality disorder / spectrum of autism). Does anybody else feel this, or have a few too many beers kicked in?

Another thing, this is the tone id love to of see for Gotham.
    Last edited by Feral Camel; 2015-04-10 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was abouts to ask how you guys are watching it, then I realised your location lol.