Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    He's due to spend the rest of his life in prison, I believe.

Also some people are equating this to convicting the owner of craigslist if someone sells something illegal through it, or at least saying it sets precedent for such charges to be brought on the owner of the website rather than the people trading in illicit goods.
    As they should. The "I was only taking a cut of the transaction, not actually providing or buying the drugs/guns" defense doesn't hold up. If you are acting as a middleman, facilitating the sale of illegal substances, you should be going to prison. Whether online or offline.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Intent clearly matters as well. He wasn't just "hosting a web site". He is still facing murder solicitation charges in an additional trial.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I thought the real Dread Pirate Roberts had retired in Patagonia and has been living like a king ever since.
    That is the real Dread Pirate Roberts, this is the guy that Wesley handed it off too when he retired, or maybe it was the Spaniard that handed it off to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Stealing phrases from The Interview I see.
    Everything anyone says is a stolen phrase. You're a product of the world around you. What do you accomplish by calling him out like that you nitpicking little cumstain?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Everything anyone says is a stolen phrase. You're a product of the world around you. What do you accomplish by calling him out like that you nitpicking little cumstain?
    What's this phrase stolen from? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Can we get an actual source? Not some pay to read crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    His problem isn't the credibility, it is that he can't read it because you have to pay for it, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Problem is that it is too much of a quality news source, so they think people will pay to use it.
    Sorry, I don't know why maybe a tech savvy person can explain but when I go to the WSJ link from the "facebook feed" of "trending news" it gives me the full article. For some reason the same url when linked from here asks you to pay. I didn't realise at the time and have added some more links but I'll admit I've not read them all. It doesn't seem to be fully reported on (read: The BBC just have him as "on trial" atm no report on the guilty verdict as yet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Kinda sucks, honestly. I don't consider his actions re: starting, running, and taking a cut from the Silk Road to be morally wrong, but what he did was against the law. It doesn't feel like justice was served.