Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last summer many of you butthurts were crying that they shouldn't make promises they couldn't keep and I pointed out that you would just get less info than before with that crap attitude. No, this surprises me not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Look at how much shit the community gives them over every single thing they say. Can you blame them for rolling it back ?
    Sorry, but the complaints of "I didn't know this because it was information released by that one developer that I don't follow, but happened to post this one super-critical tweet so I missed it." Were absolutely legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Last summer many of you butthurts were crying that they shouldn't make promises they couldn't keep and I pointed out that you would just get less info than before with that crap attitude. No, this surprises me not.
    That would first require people to not assume that Blizzard is the magic Santa Claus that makes all your wishes come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Unfortunately, we're in Warlords of Draenor, so there's not much game to play.
    "Waa, I don't like this content, there's no content!"

Go play a different game if you don't -like- the content. That isn't blizzard's fault. There is absolutely -loads- of content, especially now that BRF is out and with 6.1 coming soon there will be even more. If all you enjoy doing is pet battles or dungeons then yes, you're going to have a content issue.

its unbelievabke that some people here think they had/could/be able to talk private on twitter as a developer. how stupid are you guys ? have you never worked in a company ? they would talk absolutelly nothing against their contract rules (and there are many many many). they talk nothing that they are not allowed to or that is not in line with the companies mind. you must be really very very stupid to believe they freely talked to you in the past about what and how they want. cheeseus are some people morons...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sorry, but the complaints of "I didn't know this because it was information released by that one developer that I don't follow, but happened to post this one super-critical tweet so I missed it." Were absolutely legitimate.
    Except MMO-Champ (you know, the website you're on?) posts all relevant tweets to their front page, pretty much every day. Checking the front page daily takes about five minutes, so not following specific devs really isn't an excuse.
    I don't even have Twitter, and I'm still up-to-date on all relevant info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Except MMO-Champ (you know, the website you're on?) posts all relevant tweets to their front page, pretty much every day. Checking the front page daily takes about five minutes, so not following specific devs really isn't an excuse.
    I don't even have Twitter, and I'm still up-to-date on all relevant info.
    Yeah, you might want to click them, look at the dates on those Tweets, and indeed the accuracy of the ones regarding Chaos Damage.

Also, it still means going to a third party website for that crucial information instead of more official channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Unfortunately, the alternative seems to be long bouts of silence.
    Better to be thought fools and be silent, than to open their Twitter accounts and remove all doubt.

I didn't say there were no legitimate complaints. But the level of vitriol they get is completely unwarranted.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Also, it still means going to a third party website for that crucial information instead of more official channels.
    Twitter is also a third-party website, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I didn't say there were no legitimate complaints. But the level of vitriol they get is completely unwarranted.
    I wonder if Albert Einstein or Mother Theresa had twitter accounts how much vitriol they would get. Though, I am confident neither of them would make assurances they could not keep, or snarky remarks just to prod back at someone, thinking they are being funny while their conversation is had with someone who was upset, and now is furious for being mocked. Personal accounts should never conduct business, and vise versa. One Dev account and One Lore account to stay on task would have been more than sufficient and would at least have some order to it. As it stood, everyone had their own spin on topics, and most failed to match up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    "Waa, I don't like this content, there's no content!"

Go play a different game if you don't -like- the content. That isn't blizzard's fault. There is absolutely -loads- of content, especially now that BRF is out and with 6.1 coming soon there will be even more. If all you enjoy doing is pet battles or dungeons then yes, you're going to have a content issue.
    That's nice, but there's really not. It's actually a very common complaint (Even among notorious MMO-Champion White Knights) that outside of Raids/Arenas there's... not much to do. Hell, the people that insist on defending Blizzard have become so desperate as to suggest doing old content, in the daily "WoD has no content" threads.

Oh, but I forgot, I must be some casual pet battler to think that :^)

I'd actually press the issue here, but you seem to be under the impression that there's "loads" of content. Essentially you're too far detached from reality to see the light.

But hey, what do I know? I just pet battle. Boy do I love those pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Twitter is also a third-party website, though.
    That's my point. I'm not defending Twitter here, or MMO-C. Or even Blizzard. It's their own terrible communication, in spite of paying a whole department headed up by the likes of Bashiok and Rygarius that's the issue.

They pay people to read forums and answer questions. They fail. Devs step in to try to 'correct' bad (or total lack of) information coming from their communication department, by stepping over them and using third party media. They too fail.

They're just terrible communicators, and that can only be a result of chaotic communication in-house.

That's nice, but there's really not. It's actually a very common complaint (Even among notorious MMO-Champion White Knights) that outside of Raids/Arenas there's... not much to do. Hell, the people that insist on defending Blizzard have become so desperate as to suggest doing old content, in the daily "WoD has no content" threads.

Oh, but I forgot, I must be some casual pet battler to think that :^)

I'd actually press the issue here, but you seem to be under the impression that there's "loads" of content. Essentially you're too far detached from reality to see the light.

But hey, what do I know? I just pet battle. Boy do I love those pet battles.
    I guess it depends on how much you play - I could imagine that if you are trying to play for 6 hours a day every day of the week (perhaps more on weekends) you would run out of content fairly fast. I have more than enough to do with raiding 3 times a week and being an officer and preparing for those raids, and I don't even do any dailies, pvp, pet battles, achievements, alts, or really much else apart from raiding.

There was a lot less to do back in Vanilla/TBC, that's for sure.

Edit:
    outside of Raids/Arenas there's... not much to do
    Precisely what I said in my first post..."outside of the main actual parts of content of WoW, there's nothing to do! Help!". I don't understand what you expect, partly because that actually isn't true, there's some rep stuff to do, there's professions to get up, alts, garrison followers. If you don't like any of -that- either, maybe WoW isn't for you? There certainly hasn't been anything more to do in previous expansions that weren't more rep grinds or more dailies...
    Last edited by Jarob22; 2015-02-05 at 01:10 PM.

Marketing and Communications in a corporate setting is a huge deal. They're all about presenting a consistent message.

It was probably an experiment, to allow the devs to use their personal accounts and drop bits of info hither and thither... and they realized it was a mistake. Really, it is. You want to have as close to a single pipeline (per medium) for your communications to your customers as is possible. That means... not every dev posts on the forums (CMs convey most of the info), many updates are pushed through the official website news posts/blogs, Twitter and Facebook posts are constrained to a single account/source/location, etc., per division or geographical area. And so on.

The last thing you want is to have important info revealed on one obscure Twitter account, which the average player has no connection to. Is it a good experience to have the situation of "when did my spec ability change? it is totally different" "oh, that was announced by DevSmackface on Twitter back on October 20th." No, not really. Heck, WoW has always had communication problems, in that a player was not getting enough news about downtime or upcoming changes in the Client or the Launcher (which is something ALL players will see). They have tried to rein that in, thankfully.

It's unfortunate, but I think given the misinformation it caused at times, it's probably for the best.

Signature by Shyama!

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem to be struggling to find a good middle ground. I can't blame them for reining in some of their devs, who were saying inappropriate things and/or sharing appropriate information inappropriately on Twitter. Sometimes, the brevity of the character limit can make you seem like a real arse, even when that's not your intention. But some of them also don't care if they come across as being an arse.

Add on top of that some of the public interview gaffes their management has made in the last year or so, particularly around misogyny in both their gaming products and their hiring process, and it's no surprise they are rounding up the troops and closing the barn door in favor of (hopefully) better trained publicly facing PR people.

I've worked in software development and in gaming for years, and most developers have no place talking directly to clients/customers. Developers are, by and large, an introverted group who are people-skill challenged in the first place, and those who gravitate to the gaming industry often have even less professional business communication skills. They go to work in shorts and flip flops and say whatever comes to mind. Which is okay sometimes, but a lot of people just don't know where the line is and so easily step across it.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the WoD beta mess, can you blame them?

I consider it their job (or, at least, the CM's job) to communicate with us on a regular basis. They've not only stopped giving hints, but they've stopped answering legitimate questions and concerns as well. I think the way the players respond is irrelevant; it's their job to talk. Look how shitty comcast's reputation has gotten because of their horrible communication and/or downright lies. But they still aren't allowed to just stop communicating with their consumers.

But, for some reason, blizzard is held to a different standard. They are still providing a service (albeit a lesser one) and as such should be required to communicate with their consumers, regardless of how it's interpreted and how those consumers respond. It is, in the end, a business and that's how businesses work.

I really just do (and have for years) find them to be extremely unprofessional as a company.
    Last edited by PIsForPhuck; 2015-02-05 at 02:37 PM.

I don't think Twitter should be the tool for communicating with the players.