Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Making gold became super easy in WOD, just running missions on 3 chars nets me about 2,5k gold per day, gold missions and salvage. Dont need more than that to cover my in game expenses for raiding, enchants etc. I also craft item upgrades when I have enough mats that's another 15k or so per week. Gold keeps piling up without really doing much. I even went out and bought some super expensive mounts that I didn't have like the transmog yak and the jeweled onyx panther and still have about 600k on all my chars. Had about 250k at the start of WOD.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I make almost 3k gold soloing 25m heroic dragon soul every reset. Won't be long till blizzard nerfs that raid since i submitted an exploit 3 days ago

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I make almost 3k gold soloing 25m heroic dragon soul every reset. Won't be long till blizzard nerfs that raid since i submitted an exploit 3 days ago
    rotating the alts in firelands/DS yield 4-5k/h tops, not good enough to be considered effective farming but it's nice to know you at least got some gold when the mounts don't drop

What would be the exploit?

Seems fine to me.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    What would be the exploit?

Seems fine to me.
    I have 11 100's each make around 2-3k depending per raid lockout for dragon soul and all have garrisons daily from shards almost 50k on tuesdays in couple hours just on my own. Guild decides to farm gold 40 people pitch in then $$$. A little too easy don't you think for running outdated content?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 11 100's each make around 2-3k depending per raid lockout for dragon soul and all have garrisons daily from shards almost 50k on tuesdays in couple hours just on my own. Guild decides to farm gold 40 people pitch in then $$$. A little too easy don't you think for running outdated content?
    Sure if you want to waste 10-20 hrs to farm a measly 50k then go ahead. Meanwhile you could be making several times that by using other more efficient (and afk) methods.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Sure if you want to waste 10-20 hrs to farm a measly 50k then go ahead. Meanwhile you could be making several times that by using other more efficient (and afk) methods.
    Couple of hours is not half a day

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I'd solo some old content for a couple hours for 50k, I'm also curious what methods could net more than that and don't require more than 10-20 hours time investment to establish.

Deleted
    Couple of hours is not half a day
    Forgive my skepticism but how on earth do you clear DS 11x in 2 hours? That's roughly 11 minutes per clear, while ultraxion trash plus roleplay is probably upwards of 5 minutes already. With traveling there, loading screens, running around the instances, etc I don't even see this doable if bosses had 1hp.

I think it should stay as it is - I mean why should the devs complain if people like running 'legacy content'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Forgive my skepticism but how on earth do you clear DS 11x in 2 hours? That's roughly 11 minutes per clear, while ultraxion trash plus roleplay is probably upwards of 5 minutes already. With traveling there, loading screens, running around the instances, etc I don't even see this doable if bosses had 1hp.
    He is prolly talking about trash before Morchok and then resetting the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    I think it should stay as it is - I mean why should the devs complain if people like running 'legacy content'?

- - - Updated - - -

He is prolly talking about trash before Morchok and then resetting the instance.
    That's about 2k an hour, the Morchok trash farming. Not exactly much to right home about.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    I have question related to garrisons that doesn't warrant a new thread, so far I've mostly ignored my buildings but I'm interested in using them to make golds so which ones are the most profitable or does it all depend on what profs you have?

I've made well over 1.5 million gold this xpac from simply running 9 salvage yards and vendoring the worthless shit. I've also run across 20 or so 665 BoE's. Some I sold, some I gave to my alts. Also made a decent amount early on selling item upgrades while everyone else was using their daily CD items to produce 640 crap. As soon as Blizzard buffed ilvls on the crafted gear, the stage 2 upgrades went for 20 to 30k, and the stage 3 for 30k to 50k for a couple weeks. Also made a fair bit off the reroll items. I made those to power level my professions instead of saving up and making 640 stuff. They sold for between 300g to 500g each for a couple weeks, and using my daily cd items on that stuff allowed me to get higher skill faster, which in turn allowed me to get better yields from the cooldowns faster in order to make upgrade items quicker.

At this point, I do not have a need for gold. I am entirely self sufficient in the tradeskill department, sitting on a 200k gold reserve, I've bought/crafted every mount possible, and now I'm just buying rare battle pets as they come available. They made gold so freaking easy this xpac. Now, I make between 8 to 10k a day simply by logging in a few times to keep the minions out on missions, and then opening salvage boxes with my daily cooldown runs and mine/herb clears
    Last edited by drakonblayde; 2015-02-24 at 12:10 AM.

Basically have an army of alts and do garrisons shit to earn gold.

If you don't like alts, whatever.

Old raids. Run every cata raid on 25man. If you can manage it, make it heroic. Run icc 25man heroic as well (money and mount chance). Ulduar is optional. That alone, dependent on weapon drops in the raids, should yield close to 10k at last. Get more then one level 100 doing that and you can add +10k per toon. They are a joke and take maybe an hour max.

Grim batol + potion of treasure finding. Run to the end, killing every trash mob(can skip bosses). Open the boxes. AH off cloth. vendor the rest. Easily 1k gold from the drops / vender trash alone. This is without needing to rely on the AH at all. The cloth is just icing on the money cake.

Those are my two main ways. Almost at 200k but I am too lazy to keep up with it really.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Even at 680 it takes a good 2 hours to farm all 28 bosses in Cata (travel and RP time is 30 mins in itself) but it's a real easy 10k if you feel like putting up with it, plus mount chances (2 in FL, 2 in DS, one in Throne) and some wicked cool transmog. Bonus points if you feel like DE'ing greens into hypnotic dust, which still fetch a lot in the AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Some ways of making gold what i found (ofc they already known and not that good) -

1) Barn level 3 building from Garrison gives Savage Blood like evry 8-12 hours - which sells for 350-400 gold each

2) Resselling vendor profession mats (From Skinning and Tailoring) that cost like 5-20 silver each from vendors and reselling for 1 gold each on Auction House

3) selling Savory Deviate Delight on AH (one of oldest ways and most efficent way to make gold since Burning Crusade at least) SDD is fish that transforms player into Human Pirate/Ninja for 1 hour, cost like 16 gold each on AH - easy to farm even for 15-20lvl chars, horever best way to farm those if u have at least 280% flying mount (req 80-90 cooking level and recipe) - its almost like getting 16 gold each 20-30secs, horever this method is a bit boring - but proly one of best for low lvls

4) Farming Silk Cloth in low lvl Scarlet Monastery - this depents how much Silk Cloth cost on your server (it usually costs more then Embersilk and Frostweave cas there is alot Silk Cloth need for leveling Tailoring)

5) Farming Mithril Bars in Felwood - not much gold per hour, but probably one of best ways for making gold with Mining, cas Mithril Nodes respawn fast and cost more then 1.5 gold on AH (Req 280% flying mount at least)

6) Killing mobs in Isle of Giant for gold and bones, bones from that isle sell on AH for like 1-1.5 gold each, and also mobs drop like 1-1.5 gold as loot

Current way of making gold that im using is farming Bastion of Twilight first room (25man HC) and resseting instance without killing first boss with Potion of Treasure Hunting - gives like 600-1000 gold per 10 runs which take like 20mins

Also im using Auctinator,Bagnon and Postal addons

Auctionator for faster mass posting Auctions on AH, and also for Scanning Auction House and storing prices and then showing them when u click on your item on bag - so u know if item should be vendored or posted on AH

Bagnon for searching in Bags using keywords i.e. - typing BOE highlight all Binds when Equiped Items in Bags

Postal - for recieving 50 in-game Mails in one click instead of shift+clicking 50 times

(posted it here cas some new players might read it , and maybe some one doesnt know about this addons)
    Last edited by Luckx; 2015-02-24 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post

4) Farming Silk Cloth in low lvl Scarlet Monastery - this depents how much Silk Cloth cost on your server (it usually costs more then Embersilk and Frostweave cas there is alot Silk Cloth need for leveling Tailoring)

5) Farming Mithril Bars in Felwood - not much gold per hour, but probably one of best ways for making gold with Mining, cas Mithril Nodes respawn fast and cost more then 1.5 gold on AH (Req 280% flying mount at least)
    Those seem to be useless by now as no body skills like this anymore. but the rest seems viable.

Also I suggest using TSM as a Trade addon. While it can be rather hard to get into it, it is of great use once you understood it and have it setup in a way you like it. You can use a desktop application to get the prices from AH or just scan the groups you are interested in. For example I usually get my information from the Desktop application once or twice a day and scan prices of Pots and Raw Mats a little more often, as the TSM website only scans like every 15 minutes or so if I am not mistaking.

Last thing I like to mention is that I made a ton of gold recently by flipping BoE trinkets. Almost all of them are pretty strong, with the Everburning Candle being BiS until Mythic BRF at least. So Yeah I bought like 3 Candles of the AH the other night for 30k each, used one for myself and selling two for 47k each. Tried to do it with Copelands but it did not work out that well. Maybe I bought at a high price tbh. Still made about 1k profit from buying it for 30k selling it via /2 for 31.

I think this will only work for a limited time though, as DPS and Tank trinkets from BRF HC are better than those BoE Trinkets. For the Candle though this should grant you some profit, if you find a cheap one.

EDIT:

Also if anyone has any good suggestion for AH flipping this addon I am very interested. As of now I think buying Raw mats during the last few weeks was a pretty smart choice and I expect to either make profit by selling Blood thingys or the raw mats, as the AH will be pretty empty of Raw mats as soon as the patch hits.