620 Pvp gear from strongboxes with no pvp set bonus

Hey all,

just as the title says, i got some ilvl 620 pvp set pieces from strongboxes but some pieces such as hands / legs do not have any pvp set bonuses. I just wanted to know if this is intended or if it's a bug. Searched around with no luck.

Either way. it sucks.

Intended. They are off-set pieces.

Intended. There's 2 "sets" with different stats, only one has set bonuses.

Ok thanks for the replies.

The other honor 620 set with bonuses is the one that can bought from the vendor in Warspear, right? [horde side]

Is there any other set from Ashran reputation?

Means that I just need to start getting conquest instead as buying technically same piece with honor is a bummer
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-02-05 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    You have 2 honor set, one with set boni, one without them. Both can be bought for honor or dropped from boxes.
    Usually you'll want to get 4 set items and one off-set one with the best stat exchange.

As for conquest there are 3 sets.
    The two above with higher stats and another off-set set that require Ashran rep and (generally) has versatility on all items.
    Those can only be bought for conq, the other 2 can be bought w/o rep and can be dropped.
    So with conquest gear you might be able to optimise that one off-set piece more, but it also makes gear decisions even weirder, as you might want to replace a totally different set piece once you get conquest gear than you would with only the 2 honor sets.
    Ok that clears up things a bit. thanks. I'll check where to find the 'off set' honor vendor, as i've seen the set piece honor vendor in the bank area of warspear. The off set peices so have some good stats.

At least alliance side, it's the same vendor that sells both sets, just on different pages.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    At least alliance side, it's the same vendor that sells both sets, just on different pages.
    Then it should be the same vendor on horde side as well. (Troll vendor in the bank) Will check it.