Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Disc's Bubbles out of control

Can we have a discussion on how ridiculous disc priest shielding has become? I thought they were nerfing the shields why does disc still rely on power word shield to do the bulk of it's healing? I think the end level talent in the disc tree where yo cast to shield was a good design move from Blizzard's perspective but I think they still need to do something about power word shield. Adding a cast time to the ability should see it's skill level increased and it's relative OPness decreased?

Deleted
    Here we go again

Jesus Christ not this again ......... If they gave pws a cast time it would completely kill the spec. Also since when did a bubble heal? To my knowledge it just absorbs damage. In the end stop being a meter whore!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit, has it already been so long since we had this topic the last time that someone cant find the previous thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Can we have a discussion on how ridiculous disc priest shielding has become?
    How about no! and you learn to read trough the existing topics about this on the forums.

Edit: on topic though you have probably no idea what disc is cast time or PW:S you wanna kill the spec entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    Jesus Christ not this again ......... If they gave pws a cast time it would completely kill the spec. Also since when did a bubble heal? To my knowledge it just absorbs damage. In the end stop being a meter whore!!!
    Kill the spec? You call leveling the playing field killing the spec? I think there's your problem. Disc always has a leg up on the other healers.

What do you mean when did a bubble heal?! Have you never heard of the saying that prevention is better than a cure? In the same way 99% of the time absorbing damage is much more auspicious than actual healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we have a discussion on how ridiculous disc priest shielding has become? I thought they were nerfing the shields why does disc still rely on power word shield to do the bulk of it's healing? I think the end level talent in the disc tree where yo cast to shield was a good design move from Blizzard's perspective but I think they still need to do something about power word shield. Adding a cast time to the ability should see it's skill level increased and it's relative OPness decreased?
    Yes, why do disc rely on power word shield to do the bulk of it's healing? is it:

A) Blizzard is a front for Sargeras who have secretly recruited Disc priests to feed off the tears of other healers

B) Blizzard has made PW: Shield the most HPS/HPM effective raid-wide healing tool after nerfing 90s talent and Attonement to basically nothing more than an Evangilsm builder and removing other spells in Discs direct healing toolbox

Kill the spec? You call leveling the playing field killing the spec? I think there's your problem. Disc always has a leg up on the other healers.
    There's plenty of stuff for other healers to do in T17. If you're blaming your low throughput on disc priests, you're either way overhealing the content or outright bad at this game. This isn't MoP where a disc could replace other healers.

Adding a cast time to the ability should see it's skill level increased and it's relative OPness decreased?
    How does it increase skill? to go from spamming 1 instant ability. To spamming 1 ability with a cast time? All we have is pw:S and it's not looking to change soon.

Disc is heavily a prevention healer, but lacks in healing output. We can prevent, but we can not recover. If shield was to be nerfed (even more so then it already has) then we would need compensation in another area. Either through increased Prayer of Healing throughput (or some other method to offset the mana cost, and no, not the 4pc). If they were to nerf PWS by adding a cast time, disc would become an inefficient spec. Our output would fall behind the other healers. I like how if you read the blizzard forums, no one complains about Holy Paladins. It's mind boggling, but this is the nature of disc. No one that isn't a priest will ever understand that we are a niche healer. We look good on fights with debuffs or predictable damage, but if you move to a fight with unpredictable damage in random bursts, you will see us fall way behind every other class. Do I like being a bubble spam class again? No, but unfortunately that is what blizzard has made us at the moment because any other play style right now would render us crippled in comparison to other healers.

Disc holds top avg percentile (90%+) ranks on 3/7 of Mythic Highmaul fights. Kargath, Twin Ogron and Imperator. If you know those fights, you'll understand that it's largely based on the style of those fights. Disc wins Kargath because they can shield debuff targets, disc wins Ogrons because the damage is extremely predictable and disc wins Imperator because of Arcane Wrath shielding. On heavy AoE motivated fights like Ko'ragh disc falls all the way to 4th and you'll see healers like Monks and Resto druid take over.

Sources:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=hps&boss=1723 (Ko'ragh)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=hps&boss=1721 (Kargath)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=hps&boss=1705 (Imperator)

You can look up the other 4 fights from those links and see Holy Paladins dominating Butcher (a fight practically designed for us), even more so post PWS nerf, and Disc sitting in 4th on Tectus
    Last edited by Cynthesis; 2015-02-05 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthesis View Post
    Disc is heavily a prevention healer, but lacks in healing output. We can prevent, but we can not recover. If shield was to be nerfed (even more so then it already has) then we would need compensation in another area. Either through increased Prayer of Healing throughput (or some other method to offset the mana cost, and no, not the 4pc). If they were to nerf PWS by adding a cast time, disc would become an inefficient spec. Our output would fall behind the other healers. I like how if you read the blizzard forums, no one complains about Holy Paladins. It's mind boggling, but this is the nature of disc. No one that isn't a priest will ever understand that we are a niche healer. We look good on fights with debuffs or predictable damage, but if you move to a fight with unpredictable damage in random bursts, you will see us fall way behind every other class. Do I like being a bubble spam class again? No, but unfortunately that is what blizzard has made us at the moment because any other play style right now would render us crippled in comparison to other healers.
    This is the best explanation that can be given to the OP and similar thinkers about our current state and feelings for the spec, but sadly I am not sure he will be satisfied.

I'm going to guess you're a .....Resto Druid? Because you're certainly not a Priest - since if you were, you'd know that PW:S is the only real tool Disc has to do pretty much anything. Everything else is either too expensive or too weak. So in conclusion, blame Blizzard for their incompetence and as others have said, stop looking at meters. Disc is there to help you, you're not playing "against" a Disc Priest.

Deleted
    Kill the spec? You call leveling the playing field killing the spec? I think there's your problem. Disc always has a leg up on the other healers
    This explains your healing mentality in a nutshell, so you are more worried about the fact that disc's are stealing your potential heals instead of the fact that they balance out incoming damage leading to usually less stressful encounters for other healers. We slave away bubbling those on the verge of death and preventing high damage and we receive nothing but jealousy and contempt, sad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Disc is there to help you, you're not playing "against" a Disc Priest.
    Exactly.

OP is just another butthurt RDriud whining that he can't be #1 on meters because there's a disc priest in the raid.

Sheesh...people whining about healing being easier just because they can't top meters...lel.

scrubs will always be meter whores.

Can we have a discussion on how ridiculous disc priest shielding has become?
    We don't talk about that here. If you bring it up you're just gonna get called "butthurt because you can't top meters", and a "horrible player because you only care about meters". Take from it what you will, I decided "if you can't beat em, join em". Personally, I think PWS is overtuned, but at the same time everything else in the disc's toolkit is equally undertuned. So it kind of evens out to make one good-but-boring healer.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-05 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    We don't talk about that here. If you bring it up you're just gonna get called "butthurt because you can't top meters", and a "horrible player because you only care about meters". Take from it what you will, I decided "if you can't beat em, join em". Personally, I think PWS is overtuned, but at the same time everything else in the disc's toolkit is equally undertuned. So it kind of evens out to make one good-but-boring healer.
    My issue with these kind of posts is that they aren't constructive at all. Recommending nerfing a spec to be unplayable is not an ideal approach. Most of us aren't happy that most of our healing comes from PWS, but Blizzard doesn't seem willing to change the spec from what it is.

Sorry not an attack against you, just a general statement aimed towards the OP.

Maybe, just maybe, people don't like not having anything to heal. Disc heavily exacerbates this issue by spamming one spell, and I don't blame the other healers if they don't enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffcash View Post
    My issue with these kind of posts is that they aren't constructive at all. Recommending nerfing a spec to be unplayable is not an ideal approach. Most of us aren't happy that most of our healing comes from PWS, but Blizzard doesn't seem willing to change the spec from what it is.
    I get that, but look at how hostile these responses are. It's just uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    scrubs will always be meter whores.
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    OP is just another butthurt RDriud whining that he can't be #1 on meters because there's a disc priest in the raid. Sheesh...people whining about healing being easier just because they can't top meters...lel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Edit: on topic though you have probably no idea what disc is cast time or PW:S you wanna kill the spec entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    In the end stop being a meter whore!!!

Deleted
    To be honest when u overgear fights then yes Disc shields make the healing seem a bit unbalanced but with fights that require constant healing then priest are by no means solo top of meters. If meters areall you care about also then maybe priests are the issue. If I heal a fight and one priest could keep everyone alive and we progress and kill it then guess what, we've made progress.

I think the real issue is healing doesn't seem as skill based as it used to be, less spells and lot more put into passive stuff; Shamans do a lot with totems for example and even the more recent buff was to healing stream. I liked the diversity before where you chose what spell in what scenario.