[Resto] Help needed

Hey everyone,

I have no clue about Resto Shaman healing whatosever, which is why I thought it would be a good idea to have some of you excellent Resto Shammies here take a look at our Shaman, who knows he's not doing everything right but simply cannot figure what he's doing wrong.

Here's logs from our BRF HC last night:

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2
    His armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itius/advanced

Every help regarding what he could improve on and what he's already doing well would be really appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!

15+ Year Old Account
    I browsed couple of those wipes you had on thogar.

Positive thing(s) first:
    + he is using all of his spells, including stuff like capacitor totem, fire elemental etc.

Then some negative stuff:
    - he is using Stone Bulwark Totem, get rid of that, either Nature's Guardian or Astral Shift. (this has nothing to do with his healing though)
    - he isn't using HST as much as he should, only 8 casts on an ~8 minute fight, should be 16. This is very important especially when specced to RS like he is.
    - only 7 EB casts on an ~8 minute fight, the spell has 12 sec cd, so 5 per minute -> should be somewhere above 30 casts in 8 minutes.
    - only 12 HR casts, should be more.
    - he isn't using his racial (Berserking) at all, macro it to HTT or Ascendance (or both). Same goes for use-trinkets.

So summa summarum, use HST on CD, use EB on CD, spam more HR and overall more casts to do more healing. His CPM (casts per minute) is around 24, which is very low. An average resto shaman should have roughly 35 CPM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    according to his gruul healing graph, it looks like he was oom or probably dead at the end of the fight and I guess hes just using too much chain heal, he should go more with healing rain and healing wave. also his riptide managing looks just bad (it was glyphed.. why?)

I killed Gruul only on normal, but today im gonna kill him on heroic and paste my log so we can make some comparing

Deleted
    Rodney i love your avatar<3
    (Sry 4 offtopic)

Thanks for the help guys, will direct him here to read this!

His usage/priority of healing spells is all completely wrong. He should be prioritizing keeping up ongoing effects, and mostly using direct healing spells as filler and emergency spot heals. That means:

- More Riptide. One of our best spells, doing a bunch of healing for almost no mana. Can and should be used every 6 seconds. He used it once every 26 seconds.
    - More Healing Stream Totem. It's an instant almost free spell that heals for a lot. It can be used every 30 seconds. He used it every 50 seconds.
    - More Earth Shield. Not just for the healing, but also for the bonus to healing taken. Should be up 100% of the time. Was up 40% of the time.
    - More Healing Rain. Heals for a lot while costing relatively little mana. Should be used pretty much on cooldown every 12 seconds. Was used every 50 seconds (!?).

- Less Chain Heal. It's a fantastic spell, but compared to the above it generally heals less per casting time and costs more mana.
    - Less Healing Wave. If people are dropping low enough to need it that often, it's because the overall HPS throughput is too low.
    - Less Healing Surge. This wouldn't have been needed if Tidal Waves stacks were managed better. Proper use of Riptide would solve that.

The cooldown heals should be thought of as your primary toolkit. Everything else is backup for when that toolkit is insufficient. The reason he's running out of mana is because he basically doesn't use his good spells and spends all fight casting expensive emergency heals. The direct heals are good at what they do and should be used on almost every fight, but as a shaman they shouldn't be your first line of defense against incoming damage. That's just not how the spec works.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    according to his gruul healing graph, it looks like he was oom or probably dead at the end of the fight and I guess hes just using too much chain heal, he should go more with healing rain and healing wave.
    He did go OOM for most of the Gruul fight, but not because he cast Chain Heal too much. He's specced for Elemental Blast, but only used it six times over 5:40. He should be able to easily manage a lot more than that. Especially if he's already OOM and can't afford to cast anything else anyway. Together with what I mentioned above, his mana would have been utterly screwed regardless of what he replaced Chain Heal with.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.