Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubegoonzoo View Post
    People are crying saying blast wave is better, but hear me out. Blast wave is a 1 hit at a push of a button, it can crit, and it can multistrike. Neat right? Yet it cannot benefit from any haste gains. Now think about your chances at it doing either of those. Now lets compare this to living bomb. Each dot tick can crit AND multistrike, so can the explosion at the end. But what is also always forgotten about, is the fact that haste will also give you a dps increase on this ability, adding more ticks with higher haste. With this in mind, i see that BW drops off fast with more gear, and LB easily takes over, and should have as much uptime as you can muster, without interrupting your pyro proc catching with inferno blast. Not to mention, if you become a pro at clipping it, it is even more of a dps gain.
    Living Bomb: 100% DoT + 80% Explosion
    Blastwave: 400% main target

At X% haste, LB has same DPET as BW: 100%(1 + X%) + 80% = 400% ---> X = 220
    Feel free to share screenshots of your character sheet when you reach this amazing 220% haste.

As for the rest of your post - it might not occur to you that everything that you've said has already been considered and thoroughly analyzed. Unlike you, we don't just do a few fights and say "OMG 5 STACK INCANTER'S FLOW PYRO, AWESOMESAUCE, OP". We take into account all the moments when you get a Pyro at 1 stack, at 2 stacks, 3 stacks, 4 stacks, 5 stacks; when they crit, when they don't crit; the buffs you gain, the buffs you lose; along with many other things that you might have never thought of. We also don't get mad when people say things that disagree with us; just like the above, we look closely at what people say, and explain why they're wrong. If the very best of your reasoning is like this:
    And last here, lets look at unstable magic. Seems like a nice passive for less buttons right? WRONG. this is easily the WORST passive you could ever pick. the point in a fire mage is to cast LESS fireballs, yet this ONLY procs off of fireball casts. this makes it utterly useless for the spec, and please, never pick it.
    Then you're going to have a really hard time convincing anyone.

672 and only 29k on butcher... 676 here and doing 38k+ easily as arcane... gotten 2 new drops pretty sure i can get 40k+ now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    Here are the top fire mage parses on heroic Butcher: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...Mage&spec=Fire as you can see, your claims make no sense. You cannot compare yourself to other people in your raid, you need to compare yourself to other mages.
    I like how the rank 1 mage used blastwave 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by Acww52 View Post
    I like how the rank 1 mage used blastwave 3 times
    He cast it 7 times. 4 times targeting crystal, 3 times targeting butcher.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...asts&source=28

Deleted
    You need to find a better guild if you're keeping up with a demo lock/arcane mage ST. Fire is weak because it is weak. Gut feeling on talents vs numbers? I'd go with the numbers. Sims are sims for a reason. They do 1000s of iterations to find the best OVERALL talent, you may have topped with living bomb because it multistirked and critted every tick that one fight, but RNGesus will not always bless you.

It's like saying 'I'm using Demonic Servitude as a Demo lock because... uh... because MASTERY increases PET DAMAGE and the pet casts more times than I cast Demonbolt, so it multistrikes more = more dps than consistent 250k crits every 1 min '

It's just not correct.

Living bomb for sustain AOE, blast nova for Single target = burst AOE

Honestly, if you're happy in your guild, and happy with your place on the meters, just keep doing what you're doing. It seems like you enjoy it, that's what matters, it's a game afterall. Who cares about like +/-x% damage from different talents.

That said, if you want to prove that your way is superior, you kind of need to back up your claims rather than just linking you beating some people. Get your math on!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheris View Post
    Honestly, if you're happy in your guild, and happy with your place on the meters, just keep doing what you're doing. It seems like you enjoy it, that's what matters, it's a game afterall. Who cares about like +/-x% damage from different talents.

That said, if you want to prove that your way is superior, you kind of need to back up your claims rather than just linking you beating some people. Get your math on!
    Offtopic, but i like your arguing here very much. No hate but rationalism vs the OP who is clearly wrong with his statements and you remember him and anyone here that in the end, WoW is still a game. Thumbs up as this is a rare flower, especially in gaming forums.

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    you honestly suck and you dont know how to play fire. There are places where sim can't be taken 100% as fact, but Blast wave > Living bomb on single target, isn't debatable.
    While he is "wrong", please don't use such language here.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Living Bomb: 100% DoT + 80% Explosion
    Blastwave: 400% main target

At X% haste, LB has same DPET as BW: 100%(1 + X%) + 80% = 400% ---> X = 220
    Feel free to share screenshots of your character sheet when you reach this amazing 220% haste.
    To be fair, you can fit 2 Living bombs in the CD of one Blastwave, so its really 200% (1+x%)+160 = 400-->20% haste required; but you also loose 1 additional GCD in the process every 25 secs. Those lost GCD's across a whole fight is what really makes blastwave the better option.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-02-06 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    To be fair, you can fit 2 Living bombs in the CD of one Blastwave, so its really 200% (1+x%)+160 = 400-->20% haste required; but you also loose 1 additional GCD in the process every 25 secs. Those lost GCD's across a whole fight is what really makes blastwave the better option.
    Indeed. It was a huge simplification, and in fact it was rather misleading.

The correct way of comparing the two is to look at "DPS gain over regular Fireball+Pyro+Inferno Blast core rotation". That is to say, "what happens if you take the talent but don't use it"? With sims we determined the following:
    1. Blast Wave is clearly stronger than the GCD it replaces.
    2. Unstable Magic costs no GCDs, so it is a free gain - a small one.
    3. Living Bomb is worth less than the GCD it replaces in (Fireball+Pyro+Inferno Blast) value, when attack single targets.

There is no simplified analysis for this, because it depends on too many factors (crit rates, haste, mastery, everything). However, DPET comparison does show the extreme difference between Living Bomb and Blast Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    "Living bomb, to me, is the best choice here compared to the other 2, for both single target, and especially cleave fights. Why? Lets do some thinking..."

stopped reading there
    Same here. LB is not the best single target and if you are topping meters as a fire mage then your guilds DPS just really need to get it together.

- - - Updated - - -

.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/Tarren%20Mill/ubegoonzoo/

If you look on this, you will see my previous logs and my rankings in each fight.
    Show us some mythic parses. Where it matters.