Thread: Sublety, help!!

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Sublety, help!!

Hey everyone

I've been combat throughout HM Mythic which has been okay (except Butcher), but now BRF has opened and which has alot more single target fights.

But apparently i suck at sub, cause i cant get proper deeps from it even thou i stick to the icy-vein/mmo-champion rotation (i belive), but i must do something wrong since i should do alot with my iLvl (676) and according to shadowcraft i should do around 30k atleast in my current gear -.-

Can someone give my logs an expert look and give me some feedback? I really need it!

|| warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/3873089/latest/ ||
    For shadowcraft: Snicks-Frostmane EU

Thank you in advance!
    Snicks

You need to cast ambush a lot more often, which is causing your find weakness uptime to be abysmal at 34%. You even vanished without casting ambush once at 1 minute mark. Your opening rotation needs some serious help.

In all honesty, Sub is one of those specs where if you dont' play it really well, your dps is going to be significantly under where it should be. My suggestion to you is to play assassination. It's skill ceiling is significantly lower than sub's meaning you can play sin to its maximum potential and pull better numbers much quicker.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Problem is my guild wants me to be Sub since it's the best, which means i'm not allowed to go assa, so i have to learn (and i want to!!)

Deleted
    your opener is weird idd

you did:

garotte - bs - s&d - bs - dance - reflection - premed - amb - amb - rupture - amb - amb - evisc - amb - garotte

which is very suboptimal

change it to

prepull: -9seconds premed -> -1sec s&d + prepot -> garotte - ambush - wait for hat procc so you are at 5 cp (should be pretty much instant) -> reflection -> rupture -> shadowdance - ambush + evisc spam -> when fw drops pool energy -> vanish -> ambush 3x (switch to subterfuge+glyph of vanish for this) -> evisc's -> repeat with prep+vanish -> normal rotation which is basicaly keep s&d, rupture & (if you cba) hemo up & pool energy waiting for SD to come of CD again

mid fight you did some weird stuff too:

SD - preperation (so you lost a GCD doing nothing during dance) - ambush - vanish (you wasted another chance to put FW up) - evisc (you should cast an ambush out of stealth always)

you also cast some random garottes during a shadow dance which loses you a lot of dmg. It does neglectable dmg, only gives one CP and is more expensive than an ambush which generates 2 CP

You're also missing a major glyph. You should mess around with subterfuge (level 15 talent) and glyph of vanish and see if you can get more dps out of it vs. no glyph (should at least put feint or cloak there if you don't vanish) and shadow focus.

The most important thing to think about is more ambush = more damage and more uptime on fw which means your eviscerates are going to be way more powerful.

Macro premed with ambush and you'll use it a lot more.
    Last edited by Athonel; 2015-02-05 at 05:54 PM.

To fix your issue with the backstab/ambush there is a macro I use that makes it where this macro ambushes wgenever possible. When i get home i can link it.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everybody, nice with some pointers which has helped! Now i just need to practice!

Deleted
    Do as much damage as you can during burst phase on start of fight.
    For godlike open I recommend MfD talent because of good burst synergy with Scales+maybe that critical stacking one from Blackhand.
    It should look like:
    MfD(like 10sec before pull)->SnD+Prepot(1sec before pull)->Premed+Ambush->Rupture//now you have full energy with SnD and rupture on target, with 9sec remaining time on both trinkets+ring+wpn enchants, so I wish you happy//->Reflection+Shadowdance bursting, then use double vanish for maximize FW uptime and use ShD or SR+ShD on cooldown, use your second pot with next SR+ShD(or wait for BL if not on start fight)+you should have Vanish up again so FW is active during whole second pot.

Im 677 as Sub doing 50k after second ShD... around 35k in overall.
    Last edited by mmoc46622537e1; 2015-02-08 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    try this macro for 1 button ambush-backstab, not sure if still works cant log in atm to test but i used it end of cata in pvp and worked perfectly back then:
    #showtooltip [stance:3,nomod]Ambush; [stealth:1,nomod]Ambush; [nostance,nostealth,nomod]backstab
    /cast [nomod]Premeditation
    /cast [stance:3,nomod] Ambush; [stealth,nomod] Ambush; [nomod,nostealth,stance:0]Backstab

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    I wouldn't recommend going right to MfD if he's a new/rough sub player, though. That's adding another layer of skill. Put on your Anticipation training wheels and get the hang of everything first, then when you've got a feel for the "flow" of sub roll with MFD
    Yeah, I don't even like playing MfD as Sub. and I've been playing it for most of WoD off and on. It's easy to use as Combat, ok as Mut, and really punishing as Sub.