Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

WoW Stable at 10+ Million Subscribers

WoW Stable at 10+ Million Subscribers
    Blizzard had their Q4 2014 earnings call today, announcing that WoW was still at 10+ million subscribers at the end of 2014. This is the same as the mid November announcement that listed WoW at 10+ million subscribers.

• Subscriber numbers are expected to decline, just like after the release of every other expansion. Asia is expected to have a larger decline, as subscriber numbers there are more fluid.
    • Hearthstone has over 25 million registered players
    • Heroes of the Storm has 9 million users registered for beta

Don't see a chart? Enable javascript!

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - February 5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Blackrock Foundry
      • Resolved an issue where Slagshop Brutes may sometimes not reset correctly if the raid wipes while they're casting Death Howl.
      • Hans'gar & Franzok
        • Hans’gar and Franzok’s Crippling Suplex now deals 30% less damage (200,000 damage on Raid Finder, 450,000 damage on Normal, 600,000 damage on Heroic, and 700,000 damage on Mythic).
      • Blackhand
        • Blackhand's Impaling Throw damage dealt to Siegemakers should now properly scale up based on the number of players in the Raid.
        • Visuals for Marked for Death and Slag Eruptions should now be easier to see.
        • Players should now only receive a single debuff that refreshes when running through Blazes created by Siegemaker Mortar attacks.
        • Resolved an issue that could cause some Hunters or Warlocks to suffer fatal falling damage during the transition to Stage Three: Iron Crucible.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Faction flags should no longer appear for players in an Arena or Arena Skirmish match.
    Last edited by chaud; 2015-02-06 at 10:20 AM.

now they could fix eu realms so you can actually play their game

This is the biggest sub rise spike since Vanilla...Was pretty much my prediction that WoD would bring a lot back and get above 10 million again. I think that number will get over 11 million before this expansion ends.

I had expected a slight dip. Impressive.

lovely such good pr team you guys have which zoo did you bought them from...how about fixing your god dam servers first...

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now if they could actually fix PvP and balance this game properly I'd say they actually deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    now they could fix eu realms so you can actually play their game
    Nothing wrong with the EU Realms (Stormscale)..

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see that coming.

Guess i got here early...Here comes the ''bitchers'' The realms are fine.

no suprise. Looking forward to the next one.

I can honestly say I did not see that coming either, I was expecting 8-9 million.

It was to be expected that the subs would stabilise. At this point I can only see it going down though.

Deleted
    Well, that's a downer.

I must say I am surprised.

Couldn't raid tonight on Silvermoon because instance servers are down, raids and garrisons.

Premade groups tab isn't loading either!

It will go down soon

I wouldn't call a sudden surge to a value being 'Stable'. The next two quarters will decide if WoD can hold numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic! Love it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Huh I figured it would be higher than MoP. /shrug

for every person saying wow is dying

please send a kiss to my ass, move along 10m people are enjoying the game, stop crying.