Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Russian "Stop a Dbag" sidewalk movement.

"Stop a Douchebag" - is a Russian youth movement that attempts to enforce the road traffic regulations in Russia.

These guys are absolutely amazing. Apparently in Russia its a big problem of people just hopping the curb and driving on the sidewalk, so these kids block them in and sticker their cars until they back out onto the roads.

These guys have been attacked by politicians, chechen mafia, and have had guns pulled on them and haven't backed down. They've even been encouraged by Putin. Pretty cool dudes.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, vigilante justice and all, but I'm not sure you should be placing the sticker where it's in the drivers line of sight. Like, passenger side, sure.

Didn't expect the AK thing, hah. I fully expected someone to pull one on them, not be on their side.

Deleted
    It's Russian so it's bad

Seriously though. I wouldn't mind having this everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only so long before one of them actually gets shot

10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It's Russian so it's bad

Seriously though. I wouldn't mind having this everywhere.
    I think I'd prefer people not driving on the sidewalks in the first place, but, if it was a problem, I don't mind seeing people stand against stupidity on the road (or, off it, in this case).

Now too bad Russia can't fix its ridiculous problem with absolutely shitty drivers and the shitty driving they do.

Seriously, from what I've gathered from a LOT of dashcam videos, is that a LOT of drivers over there simply do not exercise any common sense whatsoever, they don't follow any sort of proper safety rules or procedures, and they do not appear to obey traffic lights or even traffic lanes.

You see them run redlights and ram right into people, you see them driving on the wrong side of the road, you see them making blind turns, the whole 9 yards. And also... driving WAY too fast for conditions. Seriously, 45 MPH+ for a snow-covered road is way too fast. Then they spin out and wind up causing a 5-car pileup... gee who woulda thought THAT'd happen?

I've never seen such ridiculously terrible driving before I started watching those videos. People straight up ramming people not even caring that there's a car in front of them, or the people who just rear-end people without even trying to stop, etc, etc, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    I think I'd prefer people not driving on the sidewalks in the first place, but, if it was a problem, I don't mind seeing people stand against stupidity on the road (or, off it, in this case).
    In Rome I've seen it all

Deleted
    The dialogue sounds exactly like a game of cs:go and dota, idi nahui cyka blyat and some random words thrown in for good measure.

I wonder how many episodes in these guys are going to get before they get killed. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    Now too bad Russia can't fix its ridiculous problem with absolutely shitty drivers and the shitty driving they do.

Seriously, from what I've gathered from a LOT of dashcam videos, is that a LOT of drivers over there simply do not exercise any common sense whatsoever, they don't follow any sort of proper safety rules or procedures, and they do not appear to obey traffic lights or even traffic lanes.

You see them run redlights and ram right into people, you see them driving on the wrong side of the road, you see them making blind turns, the whole 9 yards. And also... driving WAY too fast for conditions. Seriously, 45 MPH+ for a snow-covered road is way too fast. Then they spin out and wind up causing a 5-car pileup... gee who woulda thought THAT'd happen?

I've never seen such ridiculously terrible driving before I started watching those videos. People straight up ramming people not even caring that there's a car in front of them, or the people who just rear-end people without even trying to stop, etc, etc, etc.
    I want to see evidence of this because that's really fucking funny.

The only reason why most dash cam vids come out of russia, is because dash cams are extremely common in russia. There's bad drivers everywhere, you just don't see it as often because most other places don't have dash cams installed in most vehicles. I honestly believe that dash cams should come standard and be required in the US. There's practical reasons to it, but also just to show the world that American drivers are just as bad as Russian drivers.

OT: I can get behind what these guys are doing. When the police can't/wont enforce laws, it's up to the brave few civilians who will take a stand against idiots purposely doing something that could get innocent people hurt.

Dendrek, just search youtube for roadfailtube. There's hundreds of compilations of dash cam accidents.

I don't know how to say this in a fashion that's not nation bashing, but a place where people drive on the sidewalk needs to get its general shit together. Those fuckers should have their cars impounded.

+1 to these guys, tho there are quite a lot of more important matters to stand for in Stoneage Russia.

Not saying Russians are or aren't terrible drivers, but keep in mind your sample. People aren't going to post videos of everyone obeying the speed limit and driving courteously, and the way video popularity works you are only going to run into the very worst examples most of the time.

Deleted
    I love the end guy acting like such a big man.

And then when the police arrive he's this meek ass bitch who's apologizing as much as he can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the struggle is real....in Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've definitely got balls...but is a sidewalk truly something to get shot for? Because you absolutely know it'll happen, someone's going to shoot one of these guys, or run them over, or who knows what.

I applaud their efforts, but we've seen that not even dashcams and surveillance are enough to stop people from overreacting. Not sure if it's worth it.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen these guys putting stickers on ambulance cars and blocking them off. Good guys definitely.

Quick reminder, not all of them doing that, but many of them who do not actually record videos are total assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check this one out:

What in the hell is going on over there that this is an everyday issue pedestrians face? And next to a school, too? Someone's 4 year old is going to get run over!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥