Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Two melees, one Warlock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj72...ature=youtu.be

Credit goes to Youker@Burning Legion EU

Thoughts? Seems back in wrath/cata a decent lock could 1v2 pretty well against two bad players.

Overlapping CC? check. Backpedalling? check. Poor use of cds? check.

Lock was using charred remains to tank them for so long, spending ALL embers on healing. This makes his ember builders do 50% damage.

SO, what happened to this game?

edit: Ok so taking into account QQ from mages this isn't just about warlock, all casters have this problem and destro has no problem at all compared to every other caster because they can live forever Kappa
    Last edited by mmoc06b16d6b77; 2015-02-06 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    it's a bad time to be a destruction warlock

the only way this spec is playable if chaos bolt hits for a lot, right now it hits like a wet noodle, so the spec is completely worthless

and melees in general are op in pvp

You could replace "Warlock" with "Any caster". At least you HAVE healing, y'know. Live through the Ice Novas and Mages do fuckall. Have fun spamming 8k Frostbolts.

World of Meleecraft, and it happens at the start of every expansion that doesn't have mobile casting (AKA: Every expansion that wasn't MoP)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I think it's really a damage problem, because if you finally get to cast you still don't do shit to them, because lol 60k chaosbolt, 60k lolololol

I mean with cooldowns you MIGHT fire a 100k chaosbolt (but usually it hits for less than that) , but that's still nothing, when everyone has more than 300k hp and it's basically the only trick this one trick pony spec has

can't speak for mages, but yeah, I think it's honestly ridicilous how little skill melees have to have in pvp to completely overwhelm a caster, especially when they form a disgusting melee pack
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-02-06 at 08:19 AM.

I am confused. This video makes me WANT to play warlock.

I wish I could tank two melee for that long
    Last edited by Anzen; 2015-02-06 at 08:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    You could replace "Warlock" with "Any caster". At least you HAVE healing, y'know. Live through the Ice Novas and Mages do fuckall. Have fun spamming 8k Frostbolts.

World of Meleecraft, and it happens at the start of every expansion that doesn't have mobile casting (AKA: Every expansion that wasn't MoP)
    I guess so, but at least they have some cc to get a bit of burst off. Granted a good rogue could avoid most of it, but comet storm + orb + lance spam isn't too bad at least. Would do more damage than lock, but not survive.

Okay, while its true melee are really strong right now, this is a shitty way of showing it. Taking the talent that makes every spell you have EXCEPT chaos bolt do next to no damage, and then being surprised when you can't do any damage if you can't cast Chaos Bolt? You took the "I can live forever" talent and it worked pretty damn well, you're a dps and two melee can't kill you.

I can understand your point, I play a mage. But this was a crappy way of trying to prove it.

So.. The game is bad because 1 person can't kill 2 people? I don't even understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Okay, while its true melee are really strong right now, this is a shitty way of showing it. Taking the talent that makes every spell you have EXCEPT chaos bolt do next to no damage, and then being surprised when you can't do any damage if you can't cast Chaos Bolt? You took the "I can live forever" talent and it worked pretty damn well, you're a dps and two melee can't kill you.

I can understand your point, I play a mage. But this was a crappy way of trying to prove it.

Yeah it is, it's more of a showcase of how two exceptionally bad players can take on a decent restoration warlock. I'm not even sure the rogue used Recuperate.

Deleted
    Restoration Warlock hmm

sounds catchy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    So.. The game is bad because 1 person can't kill 2 people? I don't even understand.
    No the game is not bad, PvP hasn't been taken 'seriously' since WotLK I think, but I just find it funny how two very bad players (they are bad, the rogue kidneyed, then kicked, then the dk used mind freeze, wat) can go that long against a lock and the lock didn't even manage to damage one really. If the rogue used Recup he'd have been near 100% the whole time xD

edit:

BLizz say they're reducing cc and interrupts, but it seems they've only really thought about casters.

Yeah it is pretty terrible. That DK and that rogue were completely terrible with shit gear and would should have died eventually to a geared decently skilled person. I know I would have blown them up on my rogue.

3:00 - 3:11
    I can't fucking breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    No the game is not bad, PvP hasn't been taken 'seriously' since WotLK I think, but I just find it funny how two very bad players (they are bad, the rogue kidneyed, then kicked, then the dk used mind freeze, wat) can go that long against a lock and the lock didn't even manage to damage one really. If the rogue used Recup he'd have been near 100% the whole time xD

edit:

BLizz say they're reducing cc and interrupts, but it seems they've only really thought about casters.
    The Lock spec'd 100% so he could survive, of course he can't damage them. It'd be like me playing a Resto Shaman and being upset that I can survive 2v1 for 3 minutes, but I can't kill them.

Every class in the game has healing skills now, which means if you go a spec that deals no damage you won't ever kill them. That seems to be working perfectly fine, given the design of the game. There's a reason nobody would ever play that spec in serious PvP, because while you can live forever you do literally zero damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yeah it is pretty terrible. That DK and that rogue were completely terrible with shit gear and would should have died eventually to a geared decently skilled person. I know I would have blown them up on my rogue.
    Your Rogue is also spec'd to do damage, that warlock isn't. His only damage ability is Chaos Bolt, which he never uses. It'd be like if you tried to kill them with white swings on your Rogue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The Lock spec'd 100% so he could survive, of course he can't damage them. It'd be like me playing a Resto Shaman and being upset that I can survive 2v1 for 3 minutes, but I can't kill them.

Every class in the game has healing skills now, which means if you go a spec that deals no damage you won't ever kill them. That seems to be working perfectly fine, given the design of the game. There's a reason nobody would ever play that spec in serious PvP, because while you can live forever you do literally zero damage.

Your Rogue is also spec'd to do damage, that warlock isn't. His only damage ability is Chaos Bolt, which he never uses. It'd be like if you tried to kill them with white swings on your Rogue.
    Except white swings don't have a 2 second cast time, and probably do more damage overall and don't sacrifice his healing and cannot be AMS'd. Yeah it's exactly the same xD

He HAS to spec into that to survive at all. You think at any point he'd be able to cast a chaos bolt? He has to use all his embers to even survive against two incredibly bad, undergeared players.

Edit; Suppose he did get a single chaos bolt out, it's probaly going to hit a max of 100k lets say (providing they don't use defensives and lets forget AMS, strangulate, mind freeze, cheap shot, kick, cloak of shadows, blind, gouge, death grip for a moment) Then what? He gets one 100k crit, gets the rogue to 50%. Cool.
    Last edited by mmoc06b16d6b77; 2015-02-06 at 08:56 AM.

I don't understand what the issue is. He wants to be able to 1v2 and stay alive forever while being able to kill them? So you are implying that these guys suck, and the lock who has no healthbars doesn't? Ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I don't understand what the issue is. He wants to be able to 1v2 and stay alive forever while being able to kill them? So you are implying that these guys suck, and the lock who has no healthbars doesn't? Ok.
    Yeah pretty much. He's a lot better than both of the melee. I don't think staying alive forever and able to one shot people is the problem, you're pretty much forced to sacrifice 50% damage just to stay alive, which then gimps the whole spec. At least they have that option I guess, but arguably mage does more damage than destro even when they use cata/demon

10+ Year Old Account
    Not defending destro pvp at all right now, but youre using CR in this video. You expect to kill anything using a talent that reduces you dmg by 60%?

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    Yeah pretty much. He's a lot better than both of the melee. I don't think staying alive forever and able to one shot people is the problem, you're pretty much forced to sacrifice 50% damage just to stay alive, which then gimps the whole spec. At least they have that option I guess, but arguably mage does more damage than destro even when they use cata/demon
    I don't see how he's a lot better than both melee. Two pugs that happen to not be able to coordinate their CCs automatically makes them bad? At the very least I don't see what sets the warlock apart besides him living forever (which I think is attributed more to his build than to how "bad" those two melee are).

I don't want to be "that guy" but there's nothing about this warlock from past achievement/current ratings that show he is a good warlock, besides this one video where he's tanking two melee. Can you explain what is he doing that sets him apart from them? As most people can tell you, most people fighting 2v1 here would lose, melee or range.