Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost 2p actually completely useless?

Once you cast the first ice lance, it starts a 10 second buff that DOESN'T REFRESH each successive cast?

so you stack it up to 5 for the max buff and you... only have 5 seconds of it remaining so.. 2-3 casts at best of hasted dmg boosted frostbolt?

this needs a serious rework, it's not worth taking over any other even 665 gear.. hell, you'd probably sim higher on 655 multistrike gear.

what a terrible set bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait till you get 4P, you'll never see the boosted frostbolts

Yeah its simming as a .7% damage increase. Awful. Hopefully Blizzard makes the buff refresh. Would have decent synergy with 4pc and we'd have 10 seconds of boosted frostbolts every minute.

They haven't changed it this far in with the testing that has already been done then they have basically said "that's that" or so it seems.

i have head and shoulders for the 2p, 665 (normal)

i swap from 670 of each of those (non socketed)

and i get a THIRTEEN. yes 13. DPS increase in sims.. yeah yeah it's a slight iLVL decrease, but set bonuses are meant to be BETTER than this.

if you do your normal (ie proper DPS) rotation, you don't even get it up to a full 5 stack.

what sucks even more is that fire at my ilvl/gear is still a MASSIVE dps loss, something like 3-4k even with said 2p (4-5k without lol).. It's just lucky no one else in the raid really needed the pieces either...

Deleted
    Then dont play frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    Then dont play frost?
    Seeing as how this is the first week into BRF, almost everyone has next to no BRF pieces with that awesome Crit/Mastery on it. Not much you can do.

PS: Telling someone not to play a spec just because the 2P sucks isn't helpful or constructive in any way.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Guess not, but if he is making such a deal out of it then why not go arcane? its performing well

Guess not, but if he is making such a deal out of it then why not go arcane? its performing well
    Because it's immobile and on any fight with bits of movement, Frost will outperform it.

Also, if you don't have the right stats for Arcane, it's pretty unplayable.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because it's immobile and on any fight with bits of movement, Frost will outperform it.

Also, if you don't have the right stats for Arcane, it's pretty unplayable.
    Errrr... what?

This is completely untrue, on both points.

Deleted
    Arcane performs well at movement aswell, just dont pick rune and youre good, dont see why anyone would play frost atm if they play on a high level.

It refreshes on cast just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Seeing as how this is the first week into BRF, almost everyone has next to no BRF pieces with that awesome Crit/Mastery on it. Not much you can do.

PS: Telling someone not to play a spec just because the 2P sucks isn't helpful or constructive in any way.
    BRF gear doesn't do anything to shift the way the specs compare. It's just 4pc fire that is making it = frost single target, if you're also at mythic ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    BRF gear doesn't do anything to shift the way the specs compare. It's just 4pc fire that is making it = frost single target, if you're also at mythic ilvls.
    Outside of the fact that Multistrike is lacking and Mastery is very plentiful, which is a pure vice versa of Highmaul... I also don't have 4P anyways, so... yeah, can't really do much with Fire atm outside of a few fights (Darmac and Maidens for example).

I have almost no Mastery, no 4P, and my iLevel is between Heroic HM and Heroic BRF, so yeah, definitely not at the Mythic level. Once I nab some Heroic BRF pieces and 4P, I plan to go Fire, but until then, can't really do much.

Regardless, this is going pretty off-topic and has nothing to do with Frost 2P. Regardless if a spec is good or bad for content, that doesn't excuse shitty set bonuses like this.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-02-06 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    2p? Do you mean the 4p? I dont recall 2p having any interaction with frostbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Synndra View Post
    2p? Do you mean the 4p? I dont recall 2p having any interaction with frostbolt
    Uh... You might be mixing up the two.

2P: Ice Lances cast during Frozen Orb reduces the cast time and increases the damage of Frostbolt by 2% per stack for 10s. (This is the one under discussion and it's very shit)
    4P: Frozen Orb now grands FoF every 2.5s, in addition to its initial proc, granting a total of 5 guaranteed FoF procs.

they were switched towards the end of the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    they were switched towards the end of the beta.
    Oh right, yeah. That was also around the time they decided to make the Frostbolt one absolutely shit, and nerfed the other one as well.

Deleted
    Ahh so the tooltips on every site ive checked on so far must have had them mixed up as they were in beta. Oh well

Thanks for clearing it up

Arcane performs well at movement aswell, just dont pick rune and youre good, dont see why anyone would play frost atm if they play on a high level.
    because for most mythic raiding guilds its still very viable and competitive. For bleeding edge top 100 guilds then it matters and Arc/Fire with BRF gear are the way to go. You can still be frost and more then carry your own weight. People need to get off the bandwagon here of thinking that frost is unplayable and will be at the bottom of the damage meters because it is far from it.
    90% of the Mages going Arc/Fire because the top Mages are are going to end up getting beat by Frost Mages that know their shit.

I don't like arcane. I don't like a spec that in most cases forces me to go RoP. I don't like the RNGness that is and has always been Fire. I've always done very well as Frost in MoP and WoD and I was infact #1 on Grull while the Arc Mage was #2. With a lot of movement Frost can pull ahead of Arc and on single Target Frost still outperforms Fire.

Then dont play frost?
    i'm probably going to play frost at least until most of the way through mythic, and even then i'll move to fire, not arcane. I hate arcane.

Really, i really hate arcane and fire sucks until mostly 695 except on the massively multi target fights (so yes i still have it as my offspec).

i do (on a fight with little movement) about 32-33k... hell, furnace i've still got the 8th highest mage parse for my ilvl :/ I'm seriously happy with frost. - Even if arcane gets brokenly powerful at full 695 4p, frost and fire are still better than almost every other DPS spec in the game.

add to that i refuse to use PC, and am hesitant to use RoP as ANY spec...