10+ Year Old Account

Xbox one crashing, need help

Hi,

Whenevs I try to start up a game on my xbox one (only tried this with AC: Black Flag since it's my only game installed) the entire system crashes just after a couple of seconds. The only way to reboot it is to unplug the power cable.

Anyone who's had similar or the same problem that can assist me or just someone in general with knowledge?

I should add that it flickers with green colours and it looks like when your TV is having a bad connection before it crashes. I've also tried changing the HDMI-cable between different sockets and I've checked the cables for any defects might still be a hardware problem but if not I really need some help from the webs, cheers!
    Last edited by Alter Ego Pablo; 2015-02-06 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest fix is probably to return it and get this:

All kidding aside.. I would see if you can try another game at all first. Assassin's Creed historically has had quite a few issues on both PC and consoles.

Maybe download a game demo and try it.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2015-02-06 at 10:43 PM.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

its probably overheating, try to get circulation going near the xbox and don't have any openings blocked

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds faulty to me, the cooling in them is also pretty shit tbh, mine heats up really fast and is well ventilated. I'd return it or contact Microsoft.

Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey // Intel i5 4690k // MSI z97 Gaming 3 // Corsair h100i Cooler // Corsair CX750M PSU // EVGA GTX 770 // 8gb (2x4) Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz // WD Black 1tb // Samsung Pro Evo 120gb SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    @Saithes
    I laughed, since I'm not a quote on quote "fanboy" Just replaced my PS2 I got the year 2000!
    Was about to switch games when I realised that my only other game was AC: Unity but then I recalled getting two indie game titles as well, I'll go ahead and install one of 'em!

- - - Updated - - -

@Farra
    Probably is since it's been like this from the moment I got it, but wanted to see if it might be a software problem since I won't be able to replace it for a couple of days

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably hardware, but like Saithes said, try a different game though preferably more hardware intensive. If it also fails with a lighter game, then definitely chuck it in the warranty box.

Quote Originally Posted by Farra View Post
    Sounds faulty to me, the cooling in them is also pretty shit tbh, mine heats up really fast and is well ventilated. I'd return it or contact Microsoft.
    Nuff said my friend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farra View Post
    Nuff said my friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Easiest fix is probably to return it and get this:
    Better fix would be to get a PC. The PC master race is not exclusive. Also no monthly fee to play games online.

But seriously you can't stick a screw driver near the thing without voiding warranty. Get on that Microsoft warranty.