How is Arms viable in single target?

Or is Fury the best single target spec and people use the term viable to say it's not far behind or completely horrible? Because until 20% I just feel like Arms falls behind so much. What would be the ideal talents for ST as well? I've been using SD, Stormbolt, BB, and Siegebreaker. Is DR better than SB? I thought that was only for 2+ targets. Also is AM worth using as Arms for complete ST like Gruul?

You are kinda on the right tracks, on a purely single target fight it will feel like you are lagging behind a bit... make the most of it!

boss is at 60% "Damn guys... your dps is impressive, i'm just here playing arms "

boss is at 30% "I wonder if blizz will buff this spec on single mobs? "

20% to 0

Execute bombs leading to millions of damage done via execute, huge upsurge on the meters "gg guys, better luck next time"

Arms is definitely viable at ST, the gap between Fury and Arms, at least at current gear levels, isn't bad*, Arms also has the benefit of being consistent whereas Fury is all over the place, a bad stroke of luck as Fury can completely kill your damage output.

Bladestorm is better than BB for Arms ST, although that might change in 6.1 with the Slam buff allowing us to make better use of BB, no guarantees though. <- Nevermind this, unless your ilvl is low

On really short ST fights like Butcher and Gruul you might want to try out Avatar, it lines up almost perfectly with the execute phase if you pop it at the start with your other CDs.

*According to Simcraft's website the gap is only about 1-2k DPS, but I'm pretty sure that IRL the gap is bigger.
    Last edited by Courierrawr; 2015-02-07 at 12:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Bladestorm is better than BB for Arms ST, although that might change in 6.1 with the Slam buff allowing us to make better use of BB, no guarantees though.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, so don't spread false rumors about stuff.

For single target you just aim for as high mastery as you can and rely on Mortal Strike + Sudden Death procs until executing phase where you can shine with proper gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about, so don't spread false rumors about stuff.

For single target you just aim for as high mastery as you can and rely on Mortal Strike + Sudden Death procs until executing phase where you can shine with proper gear.
    Bladestorm is better then BB on ST before a certain iLvl, what iLvl it is I can't recall.

It was best up until around normal highmaul gear before the buffs, now it should be around LFR level instead.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post

False rumors? LOL

Also stacking mastery is the worst thing you can do, it makes your gear really mediocre on any AoE fight.

Deleted
    Scabbard + execute seems to be what makes arms top butcher etc.

Arms is somewhat predictable though the execute phase is a lottery of epic proportions going in both directions, I mean it's always an impressive execute phase but it's a lottery as to whether you're gonna be "just holding on" to doing respectable dps, or blowing peoples faces off like a nuclear bomb, crits/multistrikes during cooldown stacks + colossus smash. I don't play Arms on single target though, it bores the shit out of me and I don't trust it to pull enough dps.. Fury/Gladiator generally do better in my experience, save for that brief time when Mastery was godly.

Fury on the other hand is like that throughout the whole fight, I've had pulls where I had 9 execute Sudden Death procs during the Bloodlust pull with every moment spent enraged, in a similar fashion I had a time where Bloodthirst failed to crit 13 times in a row with 60%+ chance to crit (and that's before trinket procs/recklessness). In this respect It does remind me of MOP Arms, which was completely screwed if you didn't get good Colossus Smash procs.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Arms is somewhat predictable though the execute phase is a lottery of epic proportions going in both directions, I mean it's always an impressive execute phase but it's a lottery as to whether you're gonna be "just holding on" to doing respectable dps, or blowing peoples faces off like a nuclear bomb, crits/multistrikes during cooldown stacks + colossus smash. I don't play Arms on single target though, it bores the shit out of me and I don't trust it to pull enough dps.. Fury/Gladiator generally do better in my experience, save for that brief time when Mastery was godly.

Fury on the other hand is like that throughout the whole fight, I've had pulls where I had 9 execute Sudden Death procs during the Bloodlust pull with every moment spent enraged, in a similar fashion I had a time where Bloodthirst failed to crit 13 times in a row with 60%+ chance to crit (and that's before trinket procs/recklessness). In this respect It does remind me of MOP Arms, which was completely screwed if you didn't get good Colossus Smash procs.
    Thats ridic. 99% of pulls I dont have BT not crit more than twice consecutively, it feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I had a time where Bloodthirst failed to crit 13 times in a row with 60%+ chance to crit (and that's before trinket procs/recklessness). In this respect It does remind me of MOP Arms, which was completely screwed if you didn't get good Colossus Smash procs.
    Thats almost impossible with P(X=13 |N=15 |P=0,40) that chance for BS to not crit for 13 times out of 15 bloodthirsts is around 0,03 %

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Thats almost impossible with P(X=13 |N=15 |P=0,40) that chance for BS to not crit for 13 times out of 15 bloodthirsts is around 0,03 %
    So there is still a chance. My worst string of non-crit bloodthirsts was about 7 with 53% crit chance on BT. I even went 17 BTs in a row without a single Bloodsurge proc. RNG is a bitch and makes playing Fury annoying as fuck at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    It happened, I complained about it on these forums the night it happened. There was a log too, though it was with my previous guild so I don't have it for you now. It was on Kargath Heroic during the first week of Fury buffs. It happened and I dropped Fury like a bad habbit and went back to Glad/Arms setup.

I sat there counting them too, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, (this is fucking ridiculous),7, 8, 9, 10, etc etc. Plenty of QQ over TS about it too. Though I have since gone back to Fury with the release of BRF, to use for the single target bosses. But with that said, it's not really ahead of Gladiator ST for me, except for on the pulls where RNG smiles.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4