Deleted

The best experience you ever had in RIFT

What was yours?

I think my favorite experience was the first week of the F2P transition, I was running in-game chat competitions to win prizes for the new players, games like "Come find me in Silverwood" where i would give my location and the first 3 players to turn up would get platinum and a pet and some bags. i did this for a solid week, i asked CS for some more items to give away and they donated me around 40 bags. There was this one guy (i can't remember your name, im so sorry) that donated me a LOT of stuff like money, bags crafting mats pets etc to give away. i met loads of great people and had a really fun time on my toon Ordagthin.

I no longer play RIFT, but i was feeling nostalgic.

The two or three weeks leading up and then the month or two in which Hammerknell was released. We (my guild) had a great time preparing for and clearing the content. Our entire guild was online 6-8 hours a day. Playing like crazy, helping one another, creating rivalries on the server(s), hitting the PTS, joking around, etc. It was a neat aspect of camaraderie as we worked toward a competitive goal.

Deleted
    By far my best experience in Rift was getting Europe first Conqueror of Hammerknell with Rift Runners, amazing feeling doing the "Perfect Akylios" achievement and being rewarded with a mount only 40 people in the world had!

My favorite experience was when PvP souls existed, I created a Reaver/Pally/Vindicator build that had stupid amounts of overhealing built into the spec. My Warrior ended up being able to block without a shield and I dual wielded. On top of that I would heal for 100% of damage mitigated by blocking, I healed for 100% of DoT effects on everyone I managed to hit with my Reaver DoTs, Plague Bringer was toggled. Anytime someone dodged or parried I would get an overpower ability that would heal for 150% of damage done, I had an AoE heal that always healed me back to full health. I had a bunch of +damage passives, and if I remember right I actually had a passive that enabled me to deal 100% of damage blocked back to the attacker.

Was the spec broken? Absolutely. I loved that spec though. To me that was one of the biggest selling points of Rift, and one of the most enjoyable parts of it. The amount of control you had over how your classed played was just the best feeling. I really hadn't enjoyed talent trees up until then (except for the old school DK trees from WoW during Wrath).

I really regret not playing vanilla Rift more.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was back in beta, early beta, I finally got an invite. I was a Dwarf Paladin or warrior or something, but I remember playing for the first time, finally getting out of the starting zone, and seeing heaps of people running around 24/7 doing rifts, hurrying to get to the next event so I wouldn't miss it. It was a really good time, but I didn't pick it up after the game released, since I was still playing WoW.
    Currently Procrastinating

Playing it for the first 3 weeks. I tough...this is it, wow is done for me. A new game.....

Then I reliease the game is to similar to wow, got BIS pre-raid, and was basicly bored.

But Rift did alot good. Fantastic UI, world events that seems epic first time around, and the 5 mans and class system is fun.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Waves of Madness and the whole experience of that coupled with the Hammerknell raid itself.

But what got me hooked on the game was Beta 3 when they had the huge zone events going off in the starter zone non stop. I had never experienced anything quite like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game had gone F2P, I had stopped playing it about 3 months before. My roommate wanted to give it a shot, now that it was free. I was lamenting the fact that all my chars were level 30+, and I had no way to really play with him. I followed him around and just sort of killed shit for him (he'd tag it, I'd kill it), doing quests, until someone got pissed off that I was doing this and taking all the mobs. He told me about the adventures or whatever they're called, where I'd get brought down to his level (I later found out I could've grouped with him and set my level to his, which was even more awesome), and so we just chain ran adventures for like 6 hours straight. We were both having a blast, and picked up a few others who just stayed with us the whole way. So much fun we had.

He stopped playing about 3 days later. I log in on rare occasions, but I haven't actually done any leveling since. I think my highest char is 40 something at this point. But I've completely lost interest in MMOs as a whole, so meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    I'm still levelling my first char to 65 (Rogue 63 atm).
    The best experience so far, is the soul system. It's SO enjoyable, being able to customize your spec, just as you want.
    I fell completely in love with Rogue healing, and I'm having a blast so far - The most enojyable spec I've ever played. That's counting 9 years of WoW, 4 years of AION and 2 years of Tera.

They did a tremendous job with the variety of specs and gameplay.
    I'm really looking forward to hitting 65 and gearing for Experts and then healing them.
    I really hope I get to use my CD's some more, and that people are in danger of dying if I aint spot on, with the healing.

But so far everything (besides levelling is quite slow without XP potions) is looking fantastic!

Black Garden PVP meta achievement right after launch. Thought i was bad ass back then. Turns out that rangers and marksmen were just really easy lol.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first time I started playing, about 2 or 3 Christmases ago. It was right before Storm Legion launched. The Christmas event was going on, I was just getting into all the rifts and zone events, and I was having a blast. I played the game more in the months following that than I have ever played any MMO. I bought a 6 month subscription and was riding high. Me and a friend would do Volan and dailies every sat/sun morning, I would do chronicles every day, etc.

Then reality set in when I hit BiS pre dungeon/raid gear that there wasn't much progression outside of raiding. I could have focused on other aspects of the game (had so many crafting rift lures I could have destroyed the AH), but I just lost whatever was compelling me to play out of nowhere. I still think it was the best MMO I've ever played during that period and I wish I could feel the same way again.

I played Nightmare Tide for about 1 hour before I quit and uninstalled the game. It just didn't feel right and it wasn't enjoyable at all. Someday this year I'll likely reinstall to level up and just see all the new zones. I still think they do a great job making their game, it's just not for me anymore.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember getting Rift shortly before the F2P conversion started being talked about, and 3 times now i've gotten to level 30 ish and suddenly drop the game because as a MMO Hopper, new shinies sparkle everywhere to distract you from what you're currently playing.

I do remember this one time where i literally bought Storm Legion because the trailer looked absolutely stunning. The thrill i had in leveling 1 char so i could see all those massive zones was amazing. The truth though is i've yet to actually play anything past level 30-ish so i feel i've wasted money.

One of these days , i'm installing it, and go all the way through all the zones, quests and story. Don't think i want yet another Themepark gear grind, but i feel i'm definately overlooking many hours of questing fun especially when Rift is one of the better F2P models out there.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-02-10 at 12:21 PM.

The most memorable thing was when I first started a few months before SL and I saw GMs in chat directly communicating with the players. I thought this was really awesome and that's what made me sub. Unfortunately this has stopped. Other than that, nothing really stands out for me. As much as I loved the game while I played it, looking back it just looks like a ho-hum experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prbly the first week or so, New MMOs are always fun at the beginning. It's just counts if their able to keep that momentum going down the road.

I would stay the dungeon grind & raid (Greenscale's Blight) was a good experience regardless if it was easy. Still fun playing with friends & getting that kill.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-02-10 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first played Rift the build system gave me similar freedom to the first Guild Wars so that really dragged me into it and easily the best moment was figuring out what crazy character I wanted to play. You can essentially be any archetype you want.

Deleted
    Participating in when Rift ended up in Guinnes book of world records, most online weddings in one day. It was valentines day a couple of years ago, me and my bf got married on both our chars and we attended to several guild friends weddings in Rift. It was fun and cute =)

My first guild in Rift was also very good, I remember how impressed I was of Rift gaming community. And we took pride in Whitefall server when it was still alive, and faction differences mattered and some guardian guild called "Pain Train" ganking and causing danger in the world and showed up outside Meridian several times a day. Good times.

Deleted
    Getting almost all the server first expert dungeon clears back in march 2011, I played with a group of friends including an old IRL mate. There was no info on half of the dungeons, so we had to form our own strategies and such, was super fun (and lucrative too, since pretty much noone else was ready for experts at that point, we were selling the BoE epics we didn't need and made massive $$$).

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Participating in when Rift ended up in Guinnes book of world records, most online weddings in one day. It was valentines day a couple of years ago, me and my bf got married on both our chars and we attended to several guild friends weddings in Rift. It was fun and cute =)

My first guild in Rift was also very good, I remember how impressed I was of Rift gaming community. And we took pride in Whitefall server when it was still alive, and faction differences mattered and some guardian guild called "Pain Train" ganking and causing danger in the world and showed up outside Meridian several times a day. Good times.
    I remember that day. That was awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoyed the time our guild went into ROS and we finished the achievements needed to get the mount. Afterward we all went out to different places and took screenshots of all of us mounted on our new mounts.

For me, it was the launch. I bought the £60 CE version (the one with the old memory stick, before they sent out new ones...best customer support ever!) and had the smoothest MMO launch to date.