10+ Year Old Account

Angry why do anime shows do this?

they inevitably release their shows seasons and EVERY TIME they cut the last 1-10 episodes off of the season and put them on the next season's dvd/bluray set. this might not bother anime fans who are going to get every single season anyways. but for someone like me who just wants to watch a specific season this stuff really pisses me off. today i wanted to buy yu-yu hakusho second season find out the first 3 and last 10 episodes were cut off even though it would have fit on the dvd release. BULLSHIT. its not going to make me purchase the third season at all because i hate season three. WHY DO THEY THINK THIS WILL WORK? who is this kind of tactic aimed at? its not fans they are going to buy it regardless. its not people who want a specific season or maybe casual anime watchers of the series they just get pissed off and either pirate it or like me don't buy it. those last 10 episodes were a good part of the reason i was going to buy it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. I don't think I have ever run into that problem. I don't really buy a ton of DVD/Blu-Ray anime. The series that I do own are almost all complete series. The only exception is my Rurouni Kenshin DVDs. I own series one and series two (season three sucks) and then both start and end right where they should for each season.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    they inevitably release their shows seasons and EVERY TIME they cut the last 1-10 episodes off of the season and put them on the next season's dvd/bluray set. this might not bother anime fans who are going to get every single season anyways. but for someone like me who just wants to watch a specific season this stuff really pisses me off. today i wanted to buy yu-yu hakusho second season find out the first 3 and last 10 episodes were cut off even though it would have fit on the dvd release. BULLSHIT. its not going to make me purchase the third season at all because i hate season three. WHY DO THEY THINK THIS WILL WORK? who is this kind of tactic aimed at? its not fans they are going to buy it regardless. its not people who want a specific season or maybe casual anime watchers of the series they just get pissed off and either pirate it or like me don't buy it. those last 10 episodes were a good part of the reason i was going to buy it.
    I don't really spend money on physical disks anymore but what you described seems like a fairly limited problem of whatever company was hired to sell that anime in the states.

On a related note DvD's and bluerays are normally sold with only a few episodes each in Japan compared to entire seasons in a box set like in the US, this is why when they make it here they are normally super expensive. But like I said I've never seen them deliberately cut episodes to force you to pay more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Never seen this granted I have only bought a few series.

Only time i'v seen this is looking at the box sets of naruto a few years ago, though for such a show i'd rather just watch it online than spend hundreds for all the seasons combined. Where as when i brought Baccano! and last exile, they ended up coming with extra bonus CD's and art work so... Guess its who you buy them from/who produces the show.

Typically i will only buy sub titled anime which i struggle to find online though. I struggle to watch shows more than once so i don't see the investment worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Only time i'v seen this is looking at the box sets of naruto a few years ago, though for such a show i'd rather just watch it online than spend hundreds for all the seasons combined. Where as when i brought Baccano! and last exile, they ended up coming with extra bonus CD's and art work so... Guess its who you buy them from/who produces the show.

Typically i will only buy sub titled anime which i struggle to find online though. I struggle to watch shows more than once so i don't see the investment worth it.
    i much prefer to watch dubbed personally. i just prefer the american voices over the japanese ones.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

i much prefer to watch dubbed personally. i just prefer the american voices over the japanese ones.
    For most shows I can't stand the English/ American dubbed versions. I tried watching Trigun (after watching it entirely in Japanese with subtitles, and wanted to shoot myself... the voice actors just sound so dumb.

I've heard native Japanese speakers say that the Japanese sounds equally dumb to people that can understand it, but I think because all I hear is the voice inflection and tone that it just feels better...

OT: I haven't bought enough anime to find this problem. The only anime I own are the full set of Trigun and Wolf's Rain. Everything else I've watched online. Thank god too, otherwise I'd be poor tryin to buy all of DBZ, One Piece, Naruto, Fairy Tail and Bleach..... along with the other anime that are only 24-52 episodes.

I've never encountered the problem you've described, but I don't tend to try collecting very lengthy series' either. Does the Blu-Ray S2 stop partway through a story arc or something? As I understand it, the original Japanese release didn't actually have seasons, that was just a term that got slapped on sets for release in the US.

I mean if you math it out, it's kind of clear what happened. Twenty-eight episodes per arbitrary season. I guess they only wanted a 4 season configuration.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I've never encountered the problem you've described, but I don't tend to try collecting very lengthy series' either. Does the Blu-Ray S2 stop partway through a story arc or something? As I understand it, the original Japanese release didn't actually have seasons, that was just a term that got slapped on sets for release in the US.

I mean if you math it out, it's kind of clear what happened. Twenty-eight episodes per arbitrary season. I guess they only wanted a 4 season configuration.
    but still the season two dvd/bluray starts at episode 29 3 episodes into the dark tournament and stops at episode 56 10 seasons short of the dark tournament it also leaves out the 3 of most intense fights in the arc/season which was most of the reason i wanted to buy it. granted there's still the rest of the tournament but it's like how when you watched a movie in school and they would have to cut it off early due to time constraints leaving cliffhangers where there shouldn't have been any.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but still the season two dvd/bluray starts at episode 29 3 episodes into the dark tournament and stops at episode 56 10 seasons short of the dark tournament it also leaves out the 3 of most intense fights in the arc/season which was most of the reason i wanted to buy it. granted there's still the rest of the tournament but it's like how when you watched a movie in school and they would have to cut it off early due to time constraints leaving cliffhangers where there shouldn't have been any.
    Then just buy the first three seasons and have all the episodes on BD, or settle for the DVD release.

Just be grateful that you're not looking to drop 400 USD for 13 episodes.

In all the shows I have seen, the extra Episodes on the blu-Rays are all "Bonus" Episodes with Fanservice Usually set between the main plot of the first season and the main plot of the second season.

Ps. Holy Jesus fuck this website is horrendous on mobile. Took me 5 min to type this shit because of the slowness and constant ad loading in the background.