Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Why do you think that I hate Blizzard? For me MoP was my favorite moment in any MMORPG I've ever played. Just because somebody dislikes the current expansion (or patch) it doesn't mean that that person hates The Almighty Lord Blizzard.

If you like the current expansion more power to you, I don't and I'm just giving my opinion (and there is no rule against it). If you can't stand somebody disliking your loved expansion/patch then a forum is not the place for you.
    This was more of a general sweeping statement with "hating on the big guy" - perhaps a poor choice of words, but what irks me is when you feel superior to the people who are still enjoying this game ie. "Blizzard can do whatever they want because the players are complacent" - them right there are fighting words.

So I obviously read too much into your words, so I should've split it up to answer yours specifically and then go on a rant.

In the end though you never actually answered why you felt the need to degrade other players who enjoy the current content, other than "there are no rules against it" - which seems like an odd reasoning. I'm not trying to stop you from doing whatever it is you feel that you do, I'm trying to understand the reason.

Honestly I am thinking they have likely pushed too many developers to the next expansion already and this one is suffering from it
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Lillemus View Post
    This was more of a general sweeping statement with "hating on the big guy" - perhaps a poor choice of words, but what irks me is when you feel superior to the people who are still enjoying this game ie. "Blizzard can do whatever they want because the players are complacent" - them right there are fighting words.

So I obviously read too much into your words, so I should've split it up to answer yours specifically and then go on a rant.

In the end though you never actually answered why you felt the need to degrade other players who enjoy the current content, other than "there are no rules against it" - which seems like an odd reasoning. I'm not trying to stop you from doing whatever it is you feel that you do, I'm trying to understand the reason.
    As I said, I dislike WoD. I never degraded anyone who enjoys the current game, I did say that this patch (6.1) is horrible and I can't understand how anyone can praise it (specially saying that 6.1 is better than 5.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Adimaru View Post
    Just this

What's... I just...

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Garona and Dentarg are more relevant the random MoP npc #56

6.1 adds
    Legendary quest line extension
    6 World Bosses to Garrisons
    Platinum invasions
    Profession Missions
    Savage blood abundancy
    680 Upgrade craft kits
    660 gear from Challenge modes
    Daily quests in garrisons for Raids / Dungeons / Ect. for great rewards 6 per day if you share with friends
    Darkmoon race Track
    Rush Work orders
    Seflie Camera #hype
    Twitter
    Blood Elf models
    New graphics options
    Significant Class tuning
    Battle Pets Raid Achi #3

All within a month of BRF a 10 boss raid going live that is going to pose significant challenge to clear

I think 6.1 is extremely relevant and the content added and altered is far more significant than 5.1 daily hub with shit rewards people don't need.

I am sorry but NONE of those items on that list scream longevity, meaty content. All of it screams hi I'm short term. What the hell is with blizzard? They have gone backwards big time even with having a much larger team. WoD has been the most anticipated expansion for my friends and I and the expansion that has become the most boring so quickly... Its a shame

They're totally justified. You should quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    People assured me 6.1 would be out by now but it is clear that March/April look more likely. If it launches in Feb I would be utterly shocked.
    Considering it's a "release candidate", it could come out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Pfft, hardly, as I said before 5.1 had legendery questline AND a daily hub with story quest milestones, if 6.1 was skipped over the legendery quest content would just be in 6.2 instead.
    Yea and the legendary quest portion in 6.1 realistically could probably be done in under 2-3 hours but i guarantee you blizz will gate it behind a 8 week time sinc or something stupid haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Honestly I am thinking they have likely pushed too many developers to the next expansion already and this one is suffering from it
    I hope you didnt believe that 80% (or what ever the number was) increase to team size.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

6.1 reinforces my opinion that there's better gaming value available right now. It's great to have Mmo champ to keep up with what's being offered though.

whats got me, well not worried but..things that make you go hmmm..

Blizzard once again claimed they plan on releaseing content at a quicker pace, at this point even the most stalwart white knight should be smelling the tauren poop by now. WoD was/is lack luster 6.1 is a catch up "should have been released with WoD" patch that UbiSoft would have made a DLC. It's got minimal content and look how long it's taking.

I'm going to assume it won't drop for another 2 maybe 3 weeks or more. why? They're doing weekly "feature" blogs. They did twitter, graphics and this week color blind options. they AT LEAST have heirloom tab blog and S.E.L.F.I.E cam. They can drag it out with anoher BE blog and other little things like canceling flight paths and new garrison stuff like Harrison Jones and increasing the item level of followers as some "progressing your garrison" crap.

also I can't recall when they dropped a "content" patch during a holiday event or at the end of the raiding race.

ah but I'm no one and this is just speculation..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I thoroughly disagree with this assessment. LFR in MoP did indeed teach players the basics of each fight such that when I did feel like moving up to Flex and Normal I felt comfortable that I already had a good handle on what I was going to need to be doing. It wasn't difficult, but it wasn't as braindead easy as it's become in WoD. With WoD LFR I wouldn't even consider trying out a Normal raid without doing a good deal of research because I have every confidence that WoD LFR has taught me nearly nothing about what to expect in a higher difficulty setting.

MoP LFR was great for casuals who wanted something at least somewhat interesting to do that prepared them for more if they wished it. WoD LFR is great for people who actually really do want to afk to purple and Normal+ players that want to fill out a missing slot with no investment and the minimal time lost doing it.
    Pandaria's version was significantly better in the regard you're describing, please don't think I disagree with you on that; I don't. Yet, LFR in Pandaria also had an absolutely atrocious success rate early in each tier because you simply cannot expect a standard of performance or coordination from an entirely random group, particularly one which houses wildly different levels of player across the board.

I don't think LFR should ever have happened. I think Blizzard got it right in WotLK with their raid tuning and sizes, and only their desire to listen to self-entitled, elitist whingers caused them to change the approach going into Cataclysm. We all know what happened. And now, instead of deep and meaningful content for the casual playerbase, it gets fed meaningless LFR in order to meet the arbitrary item level demands of the group finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I thoroughly disagree with this assessment. LFR in MoP did indeed teach players the basics of each fight such that when I did feel like moving up to Flex and Normal I felt comfortable that I already had a good handle on what I was going to need to be doing. It wasn't difficult, but it wasn't as braindead easy as it's become in WoD. With WoD LFR I wouldn't even consider trying out a Normal raid without doing a good deal of research because I have every confidence that WoD LFR has taught me nearly nothing about what to expect in a higher difficulty setting.

MoP LFR was great for casuals who wanted something at least somewhat interesting to do that prepared them for more if they wished it. WoD LFR is great for people who actually really do want to afk to purple and Normal+ players that want to fill out a missing slot with no investment and the minimal time lost doing it.
    Remember the end of Wrath and how quick, easy and fun heroics were for a lot of people. That's LFR now and it's serving exactly the same purpose for players who aren't interested in organized raiding. Quick, easy, little drama. LFR as a raid teaching tool--while a decent idea--was and is pointless. For the most part the organized raiding community has zero interest in an LFR achievement or experience. And a great many people who take part in LFR aren't interested in moving along to something else. I'm not sure that I think that either of those is wrong or a bad thing.

So with that out of the way, they've just made it easy and fun. To that extent LFR has nothing to do with organized raiding at all. And I think that's OK too. If there was any chance that participants in organized raiding would take LFR seriously as a teaching thing there might be some merit to the idea. They haven't. So might as well make it faceroll and a good time. Which for the most part is exactly what it is.

So here's to new 'Wrath Heroics' during 6.1.*

*There's some irony and a little bit of cynicism there but a lot of truth as well. LFR is in a good place.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-02-17 at 12:18 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."