Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Plus-size models

First I'd like to say that I don't really care if they decide to use plus-size models or not. And those who are plus-size shouldn't be treated like shit or whatever for their life-choice. I'm personally not attracted to that, and people can be attracted to whatever they want and all that, that's not really what this thread is about.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/201...-graham-cm.cnn

If you haven't watched the video, it's a model talking about her life as plus size. How women really look in america, and what men/people wants to see. However, in the video, the part i think is funny/slight pathetic-> Is that the men are fit, low % body fat, and normal type models.

Just thought the whole "women can be fat, but men should still be fit, and skinny" video perspective was abit silly. Shouldn't it be some bears in there with "bears are here to stay"?

Hf discussing, since a hurricane is hitting Norway now, I'll prob lose power and freeze to death, but you can have fun without me! You're welcome.

There's a point where it's no longer attractive... but I see no one there that is excessive. She looks great.

Deleted
    How is that "plus sized"? She just looks normal.

maybe i am looking at the wrong image, but she looks perfect imo.

she is no skinny twig that blows down with the wind. hmmm so i guess Hollywood would say she is fat.

Deleted
    She's a little bigger than I'd like but she's not horrible to look at that's for certain.

Now we just need to get rid of the roid powered male industry standard for male bodies

Or legalize steroids in other nations...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    That's what I'm thinkin'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I disagree, both are sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverline View Post
    First I'd like to say that I don't really care if they decide to use plus-size models or not. And those who are plus-size shouldn't be treated like shit or whatever for their life-choice. I'm personally not attracted to that, and people can be attracted to whatever they want and all that, that's not really what this thread is about.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/201...-graham-cm.cnn

If you haven't watched the video, it's a model talking about her life as plus size. How women really look in america, and what men/people wants to see. However, in the video, the part i think is funny/slight pathetic-> Is that the men are fit, low % body fat, and normal type models.

Just thought the whole "women can be fat, but men should still be fit, and skinny" video perspective was abit silly. Shouldn't it be some bears in there with "bears are here to stay"?

Hf discussing, since a hurricane is hitting Norway now, I'll prob lose power and freeze to death, but you can have fun without me! You're welcome.
    All I see are people crying for equality but then act like complete hypocrites when it comes to true equality.

It sounds more like, privileges for one group because the other did stuff in the past that they no longer do and should pay for something we never even lived through because reasons.

Finally someone got it right. Remember a few weeks ago seeing this big deal about some magazine using their own "plus sized model" when in reality the woman was just plain obese: so it went way to far in the other direction.

This though, this is a good size.

Deleted
    It has always been a strange notion, that the most popular and highest paid models always represented a small percentage of the population. One would think that was a weird way of doing advertisement, but we do know better than that.

I think it is fine, that there are more normal and a few more chubby models, to somewhat even it out and actually showcase "real" women in the clothes (yes, yes, being obese isn't good, etc. etc., I know, still nice to see that they accept they exist and are willing to show how clothes actually look in their size).

Also I didn't know there was this "men should stay muscular and skinny" thing going on. I know at least here in Denmark, we have quite normal male models (maybe not always used for swim shorts advertisements) but they still exist. Or am I just wrong?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2015-02-07 at 02:18 PM.

It wasn't about the plus size women, you dissapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    maybe i am looking at the wrong image, but she looks perfect imo.

she is no skinny twig that blows down with the wind. hmmm so i guess Hollywood would say she is fat.
    It's not an image, it's a video, or commercial of plus size women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    For European street standards she is definitely plus size.

Her face is above average though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I disagree, both are sexy
    Your taste is wierd

She's clearly overweight but the excess fat is primarily around her hips and breasts, she doesn't have a shit load of visceral fat (and visceral fat is the stuff that's linked to high risk of all of the bad shit)

But yeah, I agree about there being a complete double standard when it comes to male models.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Or legalize steroids in other nations...
    Noo, no. Roiding is bad, mkay. (and it's cheating)

Deleted
    Roiding is able to be done safely and is only as bad as the persons personal beliefs

And I'm not aware every single person is in a competition where it prevents the usage!

I digress though it's legal where I live and that's all that matters.

Shouldn't plus-size models be normal models and anorectic models minus-size?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    sure does make them attractive though

Your taste is wierd
    Tell me about it :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Roiding is able to be done safely and is only as bad as the persons personal beliefs

And I'm not aware every single person is in a competition where it prevents the usage!

I digress though it's legal where I live and that's all that matters.
    Yes, fucking about with your Hormone levels is totally smart to do instead of letting your body adjust itself properly.

People who roid are always weak willed and shallow people, no exceptions. Roids don't make you stronger suddenly or give you the ability to gain more muscle mass, they simply remove the burn period that is your body telling you to calm down and let your body heal.