Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    All those gold minces were created by someone. How did they manage to get that? Monsters are thieves themselves. Probably ripped apart some poor lad and took his money.
    Just saves us the effort of killing the poor beggar ourselves. Bonus, we get praised for killing the monster!
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I'm not proud.

But I once scammed someone of 200g.

I promised to craft him some primordial rubies and just logged it the fuck out.
    Oh god, I remember not paying back some guy who lent me 50g. I joined a random guild and he kicked me ASAP from it. Eventually paid him back after like some time and apologized. I felt so bad haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    btw.... The Guardian dealt with the topic before already... Here's another article

Should thieves in World of Warcraft be sent to real prisons?
    Tory MP Mike Weatherley wants those who swipe valuable items in video games to get the same sentences as burglars
    Brilliant article, that is what happen when someone powerful plays WoW and someone stole his item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Oh god, I remember not paying back some guy who lent me 50g. I joined a random guild and he kicked me ASAP from it. Eventually paid him back after like some time and apologized. I felt so bad haha
    Wow, he even kicked you? But it's only 50g?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    *eyebrow waggle*

I'll whisper your name via TS, luv.
    T-Take it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    T-Take it!

Oh my, thank you! That's so very kind!

Deleted
    Since more and more people are pumping money in virtual possesions (mounts, skins, items, etc.) It becomes understandable that stealing in game stuff can have the same meaning as stealing money for some.

Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    Since more and more people are pumping money in virtual possesions (mounts, skins, items, etc.) It becomes understandable that stealing in game stuff can have the same meaning as stealing money for some.

So if I choose to donate to a company that makes free applications, does that mean the ones who choose not to donate and use them for free basically steal from me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So if I choose to donate to a company that makes free applications, does that mean the ones who choose not to donate and use them for free basically steal from me?
    I don't see where's the correlation, but no, the did not steal from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Nope, because you donated it to the company out of your own free will, and knowing that they are making free application!

If you bought shares in the company, and the application isn't free, and people pirated it, and yes they are stealing from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do I turn myself in? I- I took the candle!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    That is bullshit I used to steal in WoW all the time, not even small stuff too, I used to regularly steal partial Molten Core clears to save my guild having to do the junk bosses. Yet I don't steal online, I dont buy into that file sharing is ok horseshit.

Its not stealing in games that make people become a cyber criminal, its a delusional sense of entitlement, lack of repercussions, and an anti establishment fuck the system mentality created by the terrible parenting practices of the 90s and 2000s.
    And that make your parents exactly what given what you told us that you like to do?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Where do I turn myself in? I- I took the candle!
    You monster!

I've been a criminal for years now and I never knew!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I've been a criminal for years now and I never knew!
    You didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose you.

Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    Sorry but no. Doing something ingame has never and will never have the same meaning as doing something in real life.

All the topic is trying to do is say "Video Games are bad and cause people to do bad things" when that is 100% bullshit. There is no studies to prove games cause people to do bad things and many studies to prove it dosen't. Those who steal in RL then wanted to try to blame it on X Game wanted to do the theft way before they did it ingame. Its a excuse and nothing more.

Edit: Personally the topic is stupid and pointless because studies prove games don't cause you to do X. You wanted to do X all along and until a respectable study shows different and proves the oppsite studies to be wrong I will keep believing this.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-02-08 at 02:45 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    All the rogues in the thread sweat nervously. Their itch to steal something uncontrollable at this point.

The world is no longer safe.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Give me enough gold and I can be a girl for you
    There have been several times my toon was 'solicited' in game to /dance with someone and take off my toon's armor and they paid me 5gold for like, every 30-second dance cycle.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    There have been several times my toon was 'solicited' in game to /dance with someone and take off my toon's armor and they paid me 5gold for like, every 30-second dance cycle.
    but they can do that themselves for free...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sorry but no. Doing something ingame has never and will never have the same meaning as doing something in real life.

All the topic is trying to do is say "Video Games are bad and cause people to do bad things" when that is 100% bullshit. There is no studies to prove games cause people to do bad things and many studies to prove it dosen't. Those who steal in RL then wanted to try to blame it on X Game wanted to do the theft way before they did it ingame. Its a excuse and nothing more.

Edit: Personally the topic is stupid and pointless because studies prove games don't cause you to do X. You wanted to do X all along and until a respectable study shows different and proves the oppsite studies to be wrong I will keep believing this.
    Sorry but maybe I did not phrase it the right way. If you kill someone IG it means jack shit, this I agree with, because you're not actually killing anything at all.
    If you steal an item however, a drop that someone has been trying to get for a lifetime, I can understand someone taking this very personally and comparing it to someone stealing something IRL. Especially in games where you can sell IG items.
    If someone steals gold from you in WoW, what does that make him ? Since you can actually sell gold. Even moreso when gold for game time hits. Steal my gold = steal my game time = steal my money. Steal any marketable item on Steam = stealing RL money.

It was more a reflection on stealing in game = stealing in real life. More than a reflection on stealing in a game makes you steal in real life later on.