Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

WW BRF Tips & Tricks

Gruul

Talents

Serenity/Chi brew/Diffuse Magic

Tips & Tricks

-Use ToK for the first cleave, then Diffuse Magic for the 2nd. Fort Brew also works well to pop before a cleave.

-Make use of Transcendence/FSK (or roll) for Shatter/Petrify.

-Nimble Brew if petrified (does not work).

Oregorger

Talents

Serenity/Chi brew/Diffuse Magic

Tips & Tricks

-Use Diffuse Magic/Fort Brew if you must run through some fire.

-Set up Transcendence to get you out of a sticky roll situation

-ToK on CD is typically fine

-SEF far boxes that no others are on. ToD a box (take that, wood)!

Blast Furnace

Talents

Serenity/Chi Brew/Diffuse Magic or Dampen Harm/chi burst

Tips & Tricks

-Use Dampen Harm for Blast or bombs or if you need to run across some melt.

-Use Diffuse Magic for Slag Elemental's Burn.

-ToK is good for taking some Blast damage.

-ToD on Primal Elementalists. Also good to save 10 stacks of TeB for elementalist and clear all clones as well as enter a single target rotation.

-If you have a clone on a Slag Elemental it will stay with them as they resurrect. This is generally not a good idea, as when they are dead you are just padding meters.

-SCK when clearing up adds before Nuke time of Primal Elementalists.

Hans'gar & Franzok

Talents

Chiex/Chi Brew/Dampen Harm

Tips & Tricks

-Use ToK/Dampen Harm/Fort Brew for Suplex Damage

-Track SEF closely. Bosses jump up and clone disappears. When they come back down, reactivate clone and get your TP/RSK up asap. Sometimes they switch; remember to take off your clone then.

Flamebender Ka'graz

Talents

Serenity/Chibrew/Dampen Harm or Diffuse Magic/Chi Burst

Tips & Tricks

-Use Dampen Harm when ranged come into melee for Molten Torrent

-Use ToK/Diffuse Magic/Fort brew for Firestorm.

-Make good use of SEF and ToD

-SCK on dogs for mythic

Kromog

Talents

Serenity/Chi brew/Dampen Harm

Tips & Tricks

-Use Dampen Harm/Zen Med for Breaths

-Use ToK during Rune of Grasping Earth. You can also use transcendence to nullify the boss mechanic and dps all other hands.

-ToD For pillars

-Transcendence for getting behind a pillar or back into melee spot.

-Have raid leader put you in a run in the center surrounded by other runes (preferably in the back for less camera movement). SEF on two other center hands and SCK.

Beastlord Darmac

Talents

Chiex/Ascension/Diffuse Magic/chi burst/Chi Torpedo

Tips & Tricks

-Use Diffuse Magic/Tok/Fort Brew for Rend and Tear/Tantrum/Superheated Shrapnel. Two of these are avoidable, and we should ideally only need to use these defensive CD for Tantrum.

-ToD for the 4 beasts

-Save Chi Burst and rolls for pack. SCK to your heart's content.

Operator Thogar

Talents

Serenity/Chi Brew/Diffuse Magic/chi burst

Tips & Tricks

-Use Diffuse Magic/ToK/Fort Brew when going through fire.

-Set Transcendence up at the edge of the left opening to the room. When it is time to wait until your stack of fire falls off, port there to avoid taking another stack.

-SCK/Chi Burst when adds spawn

Iron Maidens

Talents

Chiex/Ascension/Dampen Harm

Tips & Tricks

-Use Dampen Harm/ToK/Fort brew for soaking Penetrating Shot or when targeted by Blood Ritual. You should be able to avoid bombs, but if you are failing it helps to save DH/ToK/Fort Brew for that stage while you learn how to run away from red exploding things.

-Set up SEF and make sure to always have your main target be Admiral Gar'an or Marak the Blooded. Enforcer Sorka dashes out of melee range when using Blade Dash and will make you miss AA and you will not be able to hit her with abilities momentarily (this may be a bug).

Blackhand

Talents

Serenity/Chi brew/Dampen Harm

Tips & Tricks

-Use DH/ToK/Fort Brew for Demolition during stage 1 (brown/red swirlies)

-During stage 2, always keep one Chi Brew for use on the Siegemaker. Likewise, save serenity for the Siegemaker as well as TEB stacks.

-During stage 3, use DH/Fort Brew/Tok if you have a Slag Bomb, or when soaking Massive Shattering Smash.

-Use Transcendence for quickly returning to the group after dropping Slag Bomb (set it to his back or you will die from smash with debuff).

Please reply with any suggestions/corrections. Thanks!
    Last edited by Laeahndria; 2015-03-06 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Update

So far I've found/seen the best results using:
    Gruul: Chi Wave + Chi Brew + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + Serenity.
    Oregorger: Chi Wave + Chi Brew + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + Serenity.
    Beastlord Darmac: Ascension + Diffuse Magic + Xuen(adds die too fast for RJW in my group) + ChiEX.
    Flamebender Ka'graz: Chi Wave + Chi Brew + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + Serenity.
    Hans'gar and Franzok: Chi Wave + Ascension + Dampen Harm + Xuen + ChiEX.
    Operator Thogar: Chi Wave + Ascension + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + ChiEX.
    Blast Furnace: Chi Burst + Ascension + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + ChiEX.
    Kromog: Chi Burst + Chi Brew + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + Serenity.
    Iron Maidens: Chi Wave + Ascension + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + ChiEX.
    Blackhand: Chi Wave + Chi Brew + Diffuse Magic + Xuen + Serenity.

Gruul I've been using Diffuse Magic not Dampen Harm. Inferno Slice is magic damage to the group, only Physical to the tank. The way I usually do it is just ToK first Inferno, Diffuse second, Zen Med third and then repeat the CD cycle.
    Oregorger you can be next level and set up some acid soaks depending your tanks but I haven't tried it myself.
    Beastlord Darmac I to set up that transcendence to get in that AoE before others on adds.
    Ka'graz: Diffuse/ToK during the 100 energy AoE.
    Hans'gar and Franzok not that much more than our great movement.
    Operator Thogar leg sweep leg sweep leg sweep.
    Blast Furnace is another fight for making real good use of our movement in Roll/FSK/Transcendence. Also, leg sweep.
    Kromog: ToD hands, can cheese rune phase with transcendence and do some solid AoE output during this phase.
    Iron Maidens: not sure if optimal but I'm using ToK and Zen Med for soaking aim shots and Diffuse Magic for soaking the blood cast if targeted.
    Blackhand: reroll something useful.

I'm no kung-fu expert though, this is just my personal experience in BRF so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Snegro, I will update later.

Nearly all of the highest logs used Chiex, and I think as we move into Mythic difficulty the mobs will stay alive longer and make it even clearer of a distinction then.

Could you explain how you cheese the rune phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    Thanks Snegro, I will update later.

Nearly all of the highest logs used Chiex, and I think as we move into Mythic difficulty the mobs will stay alive longer and make it even clearer of a distinction then.

Could you explain how you cheese the rune phase?
    My remark in regards to adds dying too fast was for RJW on Darmac, not ChiEX. As for the viability in Mythic, it remains to be seen if RJW will outperform Xuen - I personally think it will unless you're stacking enhancement shamans and such.

As for cheesing the rune phase on Kromog. Don't stand in a rune and use transcendence immediately after the slam to avoid the knock-up. It's risky because if you don't pull it off you will need to Zen-med the damage in the air or have a Paladin BoP you(it's physical damage). You can transcendence to avoid fall damage(spam it) if you do end up taking the full knock but it's really not ideal to be taking the knock-up to it's full extent at all because it negates the concept of this little play because the idea is to maximize your time cleaving/AoEing the hands.

I'm probably not even doing it right and there's likely a much better way to handle this phase. That's what these threads are for though, right?
    Last edited by snegro; 2015-02-08 at 12:13 AM. Reason: lag double post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    My remark in regards to adds dying too fast was for RJW on Darmac, not ChiEX. As for the viability in Mythic, it remains to be seen if RJW will outperform Xuen - I personally think it will unless you're stacking enhancement shamans and such.
    Sorry, I was referring to using Chiex on flamebender.

You can use transcendence on Kromog so you don't have to get in a grasping earth hand. That can be particularly useful for getting tanks and healers out of their hands quickly with ToD. You do take a good amount of damage from the smashing, but we do have plenty of defensives and if your raid is struggling on dpsing them down fast enough, it can prove useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    There is absolutely no reason to use Chi Explosion on Blast Furnace, especially not on normal/heroic.

Also Dampen Harm is key ability to pick to reduce damage from blasts (correctly timed it halves the damage from 3).

Also there is no reason to use ChiEx on Beastlord on normal/heroic.

In neither of the cases the Chi Explosion is an actual effective DPS increase. Especially on furnace where P2 and P3 both are complete singletarget burns with P3 having a soft enrage built in. Yes, Chi Explosion looks fucking nice on meters but that does not help you to kill the boss if your boss damage/elementalist damage is terrible in P2 and P3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    There is absolutely no reason to use Chi Explosion on Blast Furnace, especially not on normal/heroic.

Also Dampen Harm is key ability to pick to reduce damage from blasts (correctly timed it halves the damage from 3).

Also there is no reason to use ChiEx on Beastlord on normal/heroic.

In neither of the cases the Chi Explosion is an actual effective DPS increase. Especially on furnace where P2 and P3 both are complete singletarget burns with P3 having a soft enrage built in. Yes, Chi Explosion looks fucking nice on meters but that does not help you to kill the boss if your boss damage/elementalist damage is terrible in P2 and P3.
    Well, I would think that is a matter up for discussion. We are pretty terrible at burst, and if it is a great amount of additional raid dps one could say that is our niche and best to play how we function best. The other mobs do need to die as well during Blast Furnace. So, saying "there is absolutely no reason" is just a tad extreme.

Some raids may have trouble getting down spears and packs on Beastlord. I fail to see how an overall raid dps increase is "no reason" in your eyes.

The Problem I see is that (in a decent raid setup at least) there are always people that are better at aoeing down adds. I see lots of people in this forum calling the aoe on darmac / thogar our "niche". I completely disagree with that. Our niche is sustained cleave (i.e. Maidens).
    So, while we may be seeing the better numbers when running CX, your raid does probably benefit more from better ST DPS.
    When I think of our melee setup alone, I can see no reason why I should ever use CX apart from hans/franz and Maidens. Wie have 2 warriors, 2 combat rogues and an enhancement shaman. So adds die preeetty damn quickly. And on flamebender the add is not tanked on top of the boss and they die in a heartbeat. So I see no reason to use CX there.
    Sure, high numbers are good. But I prefer to do meaningful DMG over padding.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by hyperhyve; 2015-02-08 at 08:17 AM.

I don't believe putting damage on something that needs to die is padding, padding would be meaningless damage like using SEF on paragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Weriik View Post
    I don't believe putting damage on something that needs to die is padding, padding would be meaningless damage like using SEF on paragons.
    An example to make myself clear:
    On beastlord we have 4 people on add duty. 2 combat rogues an enhancement shaman and a demo wl (2 warries use bladestorm on CD).
    These 4 classes handle the adds very well, because additionally to dealing lots and lots of aoe DMG (probably even more than monks would) without sacrificing a big amount of singletarget dmg.
    Since these players kill the adds in such a fashion, any DMG I would do On the adds (while sacrificing singletarget DMG) would not result in our raid killing the boss any faster/cleaner. Hence, that DMG is not meaningful. And DMG that is not meaningful is padding.
    Hope I could get across what I mean.
    Last edited by hyperhyve; 2015-02-08 at 10:21 AM.

Completely agree with hyperhyve. The chi explosion question should be "is it worth giving up damage on the primary target to do more damage to the peripheral targets on this fight, or will they die without me doing so?". The answer on Brackenspore is yes, the big add needs to die ASAP and you'll do more effective damage to boss + big add with chi explosion. The answer on Margok is no, the main targets are boss/Cho'gall, big add, mages and reaver, and you will do more damage to all of those targets with serenity and SEF, you just hit the small adds more with chi explosion and they aren't important at all and can die to the cleave other classes bring without losing single target.

nimble brew not working on gruul last time i check it.

My guild was doing heroic blast furnace last night and we were struggling to down the primal elementalist fast enough before he was immune again. Probably going to switch to serenity next time we attempt it to get it down faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyricer View Post
    My guild was doing heroic blast furnace last night and we were struggling to down the primal elementalist fast enough before he was immune again. Probably going to switch to serenity next time we attempt it to get it down faster.
    I did that this evening and we got him. Timing your serenity will make you able to burst quite a bit on those elementalists

Blackhand. If you are on 2nd phase balcony duty, ChiEx is godlike there. With SEF+ChiEx i was able to do 3-4 times more dmg than others (except for our blood dk). With cds (DM, ToK, FB) i was able to stay up there for 50+ stacks and killing the rest of them mostly alone. ToD also helps a lot, on normal 20+ those adds had around 180k hp, so oneshotting them now and then was really good .

However, there is one crucial bug. If you use SEF on adds, your spirits DO NOT DESPAWN after killing them. They just stand there, occasionally they ran to your target and looked at you. Just, looking, at, you. Jumping down doesn't help, you have to use your cancelaura macro.

Also on a third way up (third smash, second right balcony) after about 15s another batch of adds spawns in one place. You can stand there prepared for them and Leg Sweep it, cast 2xSEF and ChiBrew+ChiEx nuke them down, hopefully killing them all and significantly lowering raid dmg.

Posting logs from yesterdays kill (they are bad, but it was a kill ). You can see that group of adds around 3:53 in replay.
    I could reccommend this only in normal/heroic, in mythic boss dmg is doing to be more important so ChiEx is going to be huge dps loss and our st dmg is pretty awful already.

Edit: Forgot logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XyFJ1tpcrjAqVmQk/#
    Last edited by Drenni; 2015-02-09 at 01:35 PM.
    Cutieface - Monk EU Drak'Thul

Deleted
    Darmac: Chi Burst is nice on that boss - it aligns with the spawn, you don't really lose a lot single target dps, it can heal for a lot more than Chi Wave, and it will get buffed in 6.1.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    nimble brew not working on gruul last time i check it.
    Could anyone verify? I thought it worked when I used it, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    I did that this evening and we got him. Timing your serenity will make you able to burst quite a bit on those elementalists
    I just went serenity on heroic blast furnace too and we killed it. Top dps on the primal elemantalists.

Chi explosion is useless on Blast Furnace and should not be used, all your doing is padding on mobs that will be resurrected. You can still maintain 45k dps in Phase 1 without Chi Explosion, and the rest of the fight is strictly single target unless you just want to pad for the epeen.