Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You have become your avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I actually like walking alone in the pitch black dark, not on the streets but in a forrest for example, especially if there aren't any roads and houses nearby. Being in pitch black dark makes your hearing incredible.
    Well, the local mountains where I live have no dearth of rather large, unpleasant creatures that would have the upper hand in a nocturnal environment.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The small town I used to live in had 5 lamps on the outside of town where two roads merged at a Y type intersection and every time someone would drive up from the western side the lights would turn off but it happened to pretty much everyone. Was creepy when it first happened to me when we moved there, but I'm sure it was probably just crappy old infrastructure, bad ground or something.

Google this. Lot's of people observe this and think they're special. It's something to do with the bulbs being old. They don't burn out, but shut off temporarily due to age.

What you need to do is set up a camera that watches that light. Clearly you can't watch it yourself because you can't trust the results.

If it stops doing it while you're away, well then something's weird.

I have had this happen to me so many times that I started to ignore it.

Deleted
    Burn the witch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, the local mountains where I live have no dearth of rather large, unpleasant creatures that would have the upper hand in a nocturnal environment.
    What? You arent the apex predator where you live? That sucks. :/

When I walk alone in the forest at night, I'm confident that the scariest thing in the forest is me.

Deleted
    Probably you are a waste of electricity, as this thread is a waste of internet.

Just kidding.

Deleted
    Ok, so as a electrician that have worked a lil bit with street lighting, i only see 2 possiblities.

1: Either as someone allready said it might be a faulty sensor on the one lamp post. But where im from there is ussualy 1 sensor for each street. So the sensor wouldnt even be near that lamp. But this can wary from place to place.

2: There could be a "loose connection" somewhere, manybee a faulty cable in the ground under the road. So when you drive over it, it gets interupted.

Either way if you should notify the company that works on the street lighting, where im from you dont even have to pick up the phone just a couple of clicks on the website

10+ Year Old Account
    What? You arent the apex predator where you live? That sucks. :/

When I walk alone in the forest at night, I'm confident that the scariest thing in the forest is me.
    Well, most everything big in western Europe's forests was hunted into extinction a long time ago.

Near where I live, we have bears, mountain lions... probably wouldn't be great to step on a rattlesnake either... coyotes can get bold in the dry months...

Fun stuff. Definitely not somewhere you hike alone at night.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, most everything big in western Europe's forests was hunted into extinction a long time ago.

Near where I live, we have bears, mountain lions... probably wouldn't be great to step on a rattlesnake either... coyotes can get bold in the dry months...

Fun stuff. Definitely not somewhere you hike alone at night.
    Yeah, but tbf it must be more exiting then facing the danger of squirls, pigeons and cats.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2015-02-08 at 12:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't you all think it's a bit ironic that the guy who causes electrical lights to malfunction every time he passes them has a Pikachu in its avatar?

Anyways, I'd be absolutely blown away by my sciencegasm if it actually can be explained.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a sign of ominous things to come.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but tbf it must be more exiting then facing the danger of squirls, pigeons and cats.
    The bears usually stick to rooting through garbage or lounging in people's pools and the coyotes are usually resigned to eating cats... but every now and again there are reports of mountain lions attacking/killing people in the local mountains.

Besides, there aren't really any "flat" trails that are also away from the cities; residential areas extend right up into the foothills of the mountains. All the hiking trails that wind up from there are primarily cut into the mountainside.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_...nce_phenomenon

Street light interference (SLI) is a term coined by paranormal author Hilary Evans to denote the claimed ability of individuals to turn street lights or outside building security lights on or off when passing near them. Believers in SLI allege that they experience it on a regular basis with specific lamps and more frequently than chance would explain, however SLI has never been demonstrated to occur in a scientific experiment, and those who claim the ability have been found to be unable to reproduce the effect on demand.

Deleted
    Clearly a glitch in the Matrix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know a girl named Billy Jean?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah, I suppose it's possible hundreds of random people, from all over the world, could all decide to tell the EXACT SAME LIE that benefits them in no way, shape, or form. Wanna pitch me some odds on that?
    Tell the people who saw UFO, Bigfoot, Nessie etc etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Sanguine, my brother.

*slides open*