Weapon tokens turning into not-so optimal items...

So, I have gotten the 645 weapon token twice for my Elemental Shaman... and both times they have turned into a 2h staff. This makes me a sad panda, since I have a 665 shield. And yes, Ele loot was selected.

On my Combat rogue, I have gotten two daggers from the 645 tokens...good for OH, I suppose, but not so good for MH.

Yeah I'd like a 1h sword on my lock all I got was the staff, then my two HM missions i've gotten have both given me bracers.

There is no 1h caster dps weapon from the 645 rewards. There is a 2h caster dps staff, and I think a mace with spirit.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There is no 1h caster dps weapon from the 645 rewards. There is a 2h caster dps staff, and I think a mace with spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    All secondaries on those items are random. The mace is the only 1h spellpower item, though, so mages and warlocks are out of luck. Shamans, on the other hand, are not.

Ah, guess WoWhead just wasn't showing that to me because of my profile. Or I'm going blind. Thanks for the heads up.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I have gotten so many 615 and 630 tokens on my druid that I started experimenting after I already had better weapons. It seems to always give a polearm when choosing guardian and always a 1-hand mace when choosing resto. Sort of annoying, because there is no way to get an off-hand from the missions. Of course by "always" I mean in some 20-30 tokens used with each spec, so not a definitive statistical study.

More annoying with the highmaul crates, as they have been giving me strange bear gear. And multiples of the same items.

I have two DKs at level 100, and I play both of them in dual wield frost.
    Every single 645 weapon I have opened has been a 2 hander (Grandiose Greataxe).
    I have probably opened 10 or more of these crates by now.
    The Wowhead page for Grandiose Armament suggests that 1h Strength axe can come from it, but I have only gotten 2h.
    And yes, I have Frost selected for Loot Specialization.
    I would pick blood or unholy if I wanted a 2 hander specifically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weapon tokens for elemental and resto have a chance to give either a staff or a 1H. Same with any other spec that can use either 1H or 2H (fury warrior, boomkin, resto druid, etc). Random is random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    I have two DKs at level 100, and I play both of them in dual wield frost.
    Every single 645 weapon I have opened has been a 2 hander (Grandiose Greataxe).
    I have probably opened 10 or more of these crates by now.
    The Wowhead page for Grandiose Armament suggests that 1h Strength axe can come from it, but I have only gotten 2h.
    And yes, I have Frost selected for Loot Specialization.
    I would pick blood or unholy if I wanted a 2 hander specifically.
    Ha! I had the exact opposite experience. I am currently in the possession of 4 1h axes instead of a 2h for my frost. Blizz is trollin'

Though I do have the PVP 2hander so yeah.. that's that. I'm fine.

I got four caches in a row turning into an item I already got that week.

First I got entrail squishers from butchers, next day I get them again from my container
    Two weeks later I get the mythic tectus dps trinket, a day later I get it again from a cache.
    Next raid I get mythic warforged helmet from kargath, two days later I get the same helmet (non warforged) from a cache.
    From my last cache I got tectus' beating heart again.

So in total I've gotten 0 usefull loots from my cache's so far.