Looking to build a streaming PC

Hello everyone. I made a thread awhile ago about building a PC in August- October of last year but never got around to it since I had to completely replace my break line and my wallet got sad . So I figured I would come here again to ask for help since now I actually have money saved up to afford one and I was wondering what would be good equipment for a starting streamer aside from the PC.

Budget - $1000 - $1300 (don't really want to go over the $1200 for the PC parts if possible)
    Resolution - 1920x1080
    Games / Settings Desired - max if possible
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - as i said before, looking into possibly streaming and maybe editing videos and whatnot. it is all new to me.
    Country - USA
    Parts that can be reused - HD
    Do you need an OS? Yes. I was thinking of getting W7 since I am taking an IT class in college and that is the system they are using in the course.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - I believe everything I have can be used again but if you want to include a separate list for everything aside from the monitor since I am happy with it for now.

Notes
    * I do live a hour from a Microcenter, so that will help with the CPU, MB, and RAM from what I have heard about their deals. I still need to call to see if they do online price matching though.
    * At the Microcenter close to me, I saw that they were selling the i7-5820 pretty cheap, so was wondering if it was worth it to go for the new stuff?
    * And as said above, if you could include a list of stuff streamers use that is good for a starter, it would be much appreciated!
    * I do want a case that is able to hide the cables. I saw Kost show the phanteks enthoo pro atx full tower case and loved it. Anything like that is good with me.
    Last edited by Lacomus; 2015-02-08 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    - Leave the non 1150 platforms for pro work . Grab an i7 4790k and you are golden, more powerful that you need.

- I will include 16gb of ram. You probably won't need it, so grab the 2x4gb version if you want to save some money.

- The Phanteks Enthoo pro is an amazing case. Its a full tower case. I wil give you another option below, the new FD R5 as a mid tower. Both are very good, check how much space you got, the phanteks might be a little big to have sitting on your desk ^^

- This ended up a little over 1200 for parts but has the i7 and 16gb of ram. It also doesn't acount in microcenter saving. Ie once you go to you local microcenter you will find this i7 4790k paired with similar boards as a combo and you will save like 50bucks from there alone. If they give some ram in there always check that is low profile so it fits below those big aftermarket cpu coolers.

- O/s which i didn't include. If you are a student you can get a copy of win from there either free or really cheap, like 30bucks. Check it out at your college/uni.

- If you got any concerns don't hesitate to ask.

(as always, trying to make the build have a color theme, in this case black/red )

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($321.75 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($121.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($101.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($326.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($48.00 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1250.49
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-08 11:51 EST-0500

How does the RAM speed work exactly? It looks like the min to OC on the MB is 1800 but why go with 2133? And gotcha, I will look into the free OS from school but figured since MS is giving W10 as a free upgrade, it would be worth it to buy the full version. The theme is nice but I like blue compared to red lol :P

Deleted
    There is no reason to occ the ram. Absolutely no reason you gain nothing from it. Cpu core occ is king. In some pro editing etc you might notice something between 1600 and 2133 but nothing in gaming. Blue mobo will be hard, its one way road , the ASRock road!
    As for the o/s i'd say if its free get it and choose later what you buy, you might get a cookie if you buy win10^^

Ok. Thanks for the help again! Hoping to build it next week while Microcenter still has the build your own computer month deal going on. If you have anything else to add just let me know

Just a quick question: If I wanted to SLI down the road, would that PSU be enough for two 970s?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacomus View Post
    Just a quick question: If I wanted to SLI down the road, would that PSU be enough for two 970s?
    This is a hard one for me, one on hand i know its enough but on the other there are situations where you could come pretty close to maxxing out 620 with 2 overclocked 970's and an overclocked i7. Under normal gaming conditions with a stock clocked 4790k and factory overclocked 970's you would be under 500w full system draw, but if you are the tinkerer type and really wanna push your overclocks to the limit id have to suggest a 750:

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaf...A&promoid=1251

You can get cheaper models, but having a full modular PSU is just really the way to go for airflow and ease of building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the SeaSonic X-650/750 or EVGA 750G2 (the one Fascinate linked) would work. EVGA one if you do buy make sure to get the one with 2 on it. G2 one is a Super Flower OEM, which is a great OEM, the first one however is not that great.
    SeaSonic would be quieter as it has a semi-passive fan mode you can turn on. It's threshold is about 400-500W, depending on ambient temperature, before it turns on. Forgot EVGA called it something weird as ECO Mode.
    XFX XTR also is one, same platform as the SeaSonic one.

The 620W Antec one can't SLI, because it only has 2x 6+2 PCI-E connectors.

Guess I should link em.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-pow...ply-p1650bbefx
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-pow...ply-p1750bbefx
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasoni...supply-ss750km
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasoni...supply-ss650km
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-02-15 at 08:38 AM.