Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Eventhough it's a joke, it's not quite right. Your average person doesn't have the brain/physique/motivation potential astronauts are required to have. You take the best and send them there. There's years of training (PTR/beta) together beforehand, so you know what to expect You don't take someone from the street and agree to give him a spot since he said "I read a book about Mars, I promise". And yes, I know I probably took this joke too seriously, sorry!
    Not serious enough! If you've already been to Mars, chances are that the other requirements you listed are already checked in your prior mission, hence me not needing to ask you about that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpasaurus Rex View Post
    The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is now hiring personnel for the future first mission to Mars.
    Requirements: Must have already been to Mars.
    That could be Mars on PTR? Am I doing this right?

Eventhough it's a joke, it's not quite right. Your average person doesn't have the brain/physique/motivation potential astronauts are required to have. You take the best and send them there. There's years of training (PTR/beta) together beforehand, so you know what to expect You don't take someone from the street and agree to give him a spot since he said "I read a book about Mars, I promise". And yes, I know I probably took this joke too seriously, sorry!
    Those requirements are largely b.s. in that they are used to figure out who among thousands of applicants is best suited to go to the moon, at a time when nobody had been to the moon. You will see a day that anyone, no matter their health, will go to the moon. This isn't going to the moon, this is playing a video game.

Start your own group or join another with less ridiculous requirements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpasaurus Rex View Post
    The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is now hiring personnel for the future first mission to Mars.
    Requirements: Must have already been to Mars.
    So you would hire every idiot coming at your door pissdrunk, high and barely able to count that yells "i want to go to mars!"?
    While i agree the requirements sometimes are a bit silly, there are there for a reason. When we don't have enough guildies ready for an alt/social run we tend to pug without requirements and the people we get sometimes are horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Those requirements are largely b.s. in that they are used to figure out who among thousands of applicants is best suited to go to the moon, at a time when nobody had been to the moon. You will see a day that anyone, no matter their health, will go to the moon. This isn't going to the moon, this is playing a video game.
    At that point going to the moon will be like LFR tough. No need to worry about anything, just jump in the daily rocket and go.
    And yes this is playing a video game, intended to have fun. But that is the thing, wiping time and time again on the same boss because the same people keep doing it wrong/not enough is NOT fun.
    Last edited by mmoce36ef59794; 2015-02-13 at 11:42 AM.

Here's the thing. There are very likely groups that don't require AoTC. The ones that do are likely people on alts who have already killed the boss looking for other people in a similar situation. If you're new to the instance, go to a group without this requirement as they likely haven't done it either. You want a group full of people with experience? A raid leader with experience? Well, you need experience first.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Here's the thing. There are very likely groups that don't require AoTC. The ones that do are likely people on alts who have already killed the boss looking for other people in a similar situation. If you're new to the instance, go to a group without this requirement as they likely haven't done it either. You want a group full of people with experience? A raid leader with experience? Well, you need experience first.
    Don't be ridiculous!

You mean we have to learn the fights along with others who are also learning??? I want to be boosted!

You sound almost hysterical, you know that? But to elaborate, I do not think anyone is entitled to join absolutely any group they want. If an experienced group doesn't want you, it's not their fault, it's your fault for not being experienced. Move on.
    But I never once said that I think anyone should be able to join any group. You're making me say things I didn't say, or interpreting what I said entirely the wrong way and being kind of massively abrasive about it for no reason I can really understand.

Of course that'd make someone hysterical! People don't like having words put in their mouth they didn't say :/