Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Why don't we have the option to play invisible?

For me, sometimes I just want to play and quest in peace and not get bothered by anyone on my friends list or in my guild.

Deleted
    Because it's an MMO

Deleted
    Because Blizzard does not think your privacy is worth diddly squat, as evidenced by the armory web site.

Deleted
    It would be nice but it doesn't seem like Blizzard wants to implement such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    For me, sometimes I just want to play and quest in peace and not get bothered by anyone on my friends list or in my guild.
    theyve been working on this for awhile. its just something on the backburner.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    They could add it Battle.net tho, I have no problems with being visible to my guild or people logged into WoW, it's a bit different to be visible by the whole Battle.net list, which includes people from Diablo, Starcraft, HS and HotS
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Because Blizzard does not think your privacy is worth diddly squat, as evidenced by the armory web site.
    If you want privacy, playing a Massive Multiplayer Online game is probably not the way to go

I think you can block the port (on your firewall) for bnet - as a workaround for now. maybe blizzard will catch up at some point and give us a better option.

Remove chat, play without bnet app. Profit??

Deleted
    If you want to play invisible into an MMO and dont be "bothered" by friends/guild mates you sould reconsider your guild,friend or video game choices.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Hey, I have this cool aluminum foil hat that keeps you off the armory. You put it on your character in-game. You want it?

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Because it's an MMO
    But not everything in the game is multiplayer so your point doesn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebth View Post
    If you want to play invisible into an MMO and dont be "bothered" by friends/guild mates you sould reconsider your guild,friend or video game choices.
    Its more about not having to tell your friends off.

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Play rogue! They have invisibility.

Deleted
    Ayy all these social heroes again saying it's not needed. Sometimes there are days when you just want to have nobody bothering you, without having to fake-AFK and without actually saying you're not in the mood to talk/do anything. Having an "invisible" mode would solve this (bar some problems like what would "/who [name]" do, and should it show you online in the guild?), but it seems Blizz doesn't deem it too important since it's been on "it'll get implemented maybe, someday"-mode for years now.

I have invisibility. It's called having one battle.net friend, my guild leader, and basically being fairly silent in chat. Amazing how not getting involved with others prevents me from getting involved with others.

Deleted
    I think they must be having technical problems adding it to be honest, back in 2012 they said it was coming soon to all blizzard games http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315...enet-9-20-2012

I don't recall seeing anything since.

Just launch the .exe, instead of the app, that way they can only see your activity if they have your character as friends?
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

You could always just make your bnet message "DND". Works for me.

Would be nice. I do recall a blue post where they gave some kind of "we'd like to do it, but there are a lot of technical hurdles we have to deal with" line, and nothing else official has been mentioned in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    play without bnet app
    Isn't that mandatory now?