Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but paedos are just people with a mental illness. they should recieve sympathy and treatment. mental illnesses that go untreated significantly increase the chance that the person might act on that illness
    Ah, it's a mental illness; that settles everything then. Oh wait, except people keep claiming that it's little more than another sexual orientation; ingrained in their human nature. If this logic was followed through consistently, which it rarely is; claiming that paedophiles should be "helped" or require "curing" would have you just as ostracised as if you said the same thing about homosexuals/etc. Alas, it doesn't; so which is it? It's either a mental illness or it's not; and I suspect plenty of people, on this website at least, would probably argue in favour of the latter, which leaves them in quite a moral quandary.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Homosexuality doesn't hurt others it just offends their "religion".
    Who gets hurt when a pedophile doesn't act on their desires?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre-Z View Post
    I've been labelled a paedophile before for arguing these points.
    Me too, use any logic in this subject and you are instantly labelled a pedophile by the same people who are proudly declaring that they would be fine with all pedophiles being rounded up and killed, nazi germany style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Ah, it's a mental illness; that settles everything then. Oh wait, except people keep claiming that it's little more than another sexual orientation; ingrained in their human nature. If this logic was followed through consistently, which it rarely is; claiming that paedophiles should be "helped" or require "curing" would have you just as ostracised as if you said the same thing about homosexuals/etc. Alas, it doesn't; so which is it? It's either a mental illness or it's not; and I suspect plenty of people, on this website at least, would probably argue in favour of the latter, which leaves them in quite a moral quandary.
    Paedoophiles have a physical brain abnormality though.

Isn't Cracked.com the same as the Onion? A farce news source?

I did some work for a nice lady who worked with sex offenders, they had this ring they would measure the state of your erection with. They would show the pervs dirty pictures and see how they responded. If you failed you remained in jail.

In California they passed a law that says a community must agree to take a sex offender newly released from prison. No communities will do this so sex offenders sit in jail even though their sentences are finished.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Kind of hard to take this article seriously after the "Yet we have rigorous statistical analysis on almost a thousand Pokemon." And then there's the "we don't even know what percentage of the population are pedophiles" but then links to a survey that shows 18 percent of the males taking it were pedos.

Self-reporting isn't a good way to discover personal details. People lie. Always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    This was the interesting thing in the article

Apparently pedophilia is a crossed wire in the brain, that is detectable with a MRI scan

Is gay/lesbian/etc the same thing?

Some citation would be nice. I also don't need to go into what other groups throughout history have also been accused of having 'abnormalities' in various shapes and forms; only to later be redeemed as popular opinion changes its mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I did some work for a nice lady who worked with sex offenders, they had this ring they would measure the state of your erection with. They would show the pervs dirty pictures and see how they responded. If you failed you remained in jail.

In California they passed a law that says a community must agree to take a sex offender newly released from prison. No communities will do this so sex offenders sit in jail even though their sentences are finished.
    Nah, it's a comedy site. It's actually got some pretty interesting articles (or jumping off points)

That last aspect is false imprisonment though. Not sure how that's even remotely legal
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Further more, unlike a homosexual who is attracted to members of the same gender, these are consenting adults.

I've seen this argument a lot. 'Well if Pedophiles and Homosexuality are both just a sexual preference/orientation, we should just let Pedos have their way with children because it's just how they feel? I mean, we let the gays do it.'

A child doesn't give consent. It's a very stark contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The Onion is openly satirical; with Cracked it's much harder to tell. Definitely taken much more seriously than it should be.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You realise most can't help it right?
    I love how you imply that there are no female pedophiles.

homosexuality is a mental illness, in the vein that it cannot be helped. but there is no way whatsoever that a homosexual that is having consensual sex can hurt anyone.

Infracted

the only thing biologically wrong about homosexuals is that they cannot reproduce, which in modern times isnt a big deal. therefore theres no reason to stop it, it hurts no one so homosexuals should be equal to straight people.

a paedo can never have a consensual relationship with a child. NOWHERE did i say they could be cured, dont put words in my mouth. i said TREATMENT, a very large chunk of mental illnesses cannot be cured, i have ODD and psychopathic tendencies, i cannot be cured, but i dont kill people or get in fights with cops because ive had therapy and know how to control my emotions.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-02-08 at 04:55 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Some citation would be nice. I also don't need to go into what other groups throughout history have also been accused of having 'abnormalities' in various shapes and forms; only to later be redeemed as popular opinion changes its mind.
    http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/...ientation.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    This was the interesting thing in the article

Apparently it's a crossed wire in the brain

Is gay/lesbian/etc the same thing?
    If it was I'm sure anti-gay marriage groups would have been on it like flies on shit.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    A child doesn't give consent. It's a very stark contrast.
    Sounds reasonable, until you consider that the definition of 'child' seems to be constantly changing and is for all intents and purposes completely subjective; as evidenced by the Age of Consent in various nations continuing to lower.

Give this person several internets. The kind of logic used by these kinds of arguments are ALWAYS full of double standards and hypocrisy, often ignoring reality and biology in favor of fotm socially acceptable opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I love how you imply that there are no female pedophiles.
    Eh?

/10char

Deleted
    Only to the same extent that homosexuals have a "physical brain abnormality" compared with straight people. Their brains (on average) are different from each other, measurably so, that's just a fact. That on itself doesn't mean anything yet, however.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its a part of the world I hope to never have any part of.