Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Orcknight/simple
    Spec: Frost
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/LH1cGmaQnNWr2CM9/#type=damage-done&fight=61

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):

So, basically, I've been playing DK since Wrath, and I've always been fairly top of my spec. I also have almost always used Frost. Now, only since I've started to get higher gear in Legion, I find it impossible to get high iL% performance on some bosses.

Ran EN HC tonight on a farm run, and on Nythendra and a couple other bosses, my % was disappointingly low. I'm wondering if anyone can spot what might be going wrong. Are my stats no good? (Think I've like 25% crit going to 30% when EoC builds up, 22% haste, most of the rest in mastery). Am I mishandling any casts? Or is it simply the lack of good legendaries holding me way back? I feel like on that Nythendra pull, I performed as good as I possibly could have.

Just to note as well, I've been simming my gear as I've gone along so I definitely have the best subset of gear on that I could have.

Materials: 1300 str flask, stats potions, 300 haste food.

Feel free to look through the other fights other than Nythendra, some of them have better performance but a lot of the patchwerk fights particularly are no where near where I want them to be.

As a sidenote: I use Machine Gun rotation in M+, and while I never see logs with %'s for that, I think that does go fairly well too.

Thanks in advance of any help you can offer

-Orc
    Last edited by mmoc468e2bc50b; 2016-12-22 at 02:34 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcknight View Post
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Orcknight/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/LH1cGmaQnNWr2CM9/#type=damage-done&fight=61

So, basically, I've been playing DK since Wrath, and I've always been fairly top of my spec. I also have almost always used Frost. Now, only since I've started to get higher gear in Legion, I find it impossible to get high iL% performance on some bosses.

Ran EN HC tonight on a farm run, and on Nythendra and a couple other bosses, my % was disappointingly low. I'm wondering if anyone can spot what might be going wrong. Are my stats no good? (Think I've like 25% crit going to 30% when EoC builds up, 22% haste, most of the rest in mastery). Am I mishandling any casts? Or is it simply the lack of good legendaries holding me way back? I feel like on that Nythendra pull, I performed as good as I possibly could have.

Just to note as well, I've been simming my gear as I've gone along so I definitely have the best subset of gear on that I could have.

Materials: 1300 str flask, stats potions, 300 haste food.

Feel free to look through the other fights other than Nythendra, some of them have better performance but a lot of the patchwerk fights particularly are no where near where I want them to be.

As a sidenote: I use Machine Gun rotation in M+, and while I never see logs with %'s for that, I think that does go fairly well too.

Thanks in advance of any help you can offer

-Orc
    Too much mastery not enough haste and crit

I cant post logs because im new but my char is Jëfe on Kil jaeden US but my best is around 410k at 874 ilvl for nyth

these are my logs just to show, i have 31% crit and 25% haste with 24% mastery

also i noticed icy talons sometimes falls off its the most important thing to never let it drop

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Penty/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/8089168/10/

I have played Frost from about mid MoP and have a rather large knowledge of the spec. I have always been a consistent high dps when raiding (until Legion).

While doing lots of research myself and asking on various platforms for opinions and potential reasoning to my dps being on the lower side comparing with fellow raiders and other dk's on logs, the only answer I get is to use logs and sim my gear (which I do both)

Materials: 1300 Strength Flask/375 Crit Food (Prolonged Power is potion of choice)
    - Strength 30,799
    - Crit: 28.91% and 33.02% with EoC 10 stack
    - Haste: 20.09%
    - Versatility: 5.70% and 14.12% with Nightbourne 2 set
    - Mastery 23.85%

These are my stats using the gear that simcraft says is the highest dps output which is 450k on a Patchwerk style fight

So my question is basically why am I (comparing with other dk's with a similar ilvl) doing so much less damage than
    they are?

- Icy Talons falling of more than it should?
    - Stats bad?
    - Not having the 10% auto attack ring from CoS?
    - Sloppy Rotation?
    - Weapon Relics? (Found literally no information on high ilvl prio over Ambidextreity/NBTBones with low ilvl)

Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by mmocbf48eaef77; 2017-01-06 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    I'm playing Uh DK and at Helya Mythic in phase one my dps is 550k+ and in second phase it gets like 380-400k max..dunno how to play at this fight..any tips?

Horde

Hi, I'm Grimt and I SUCK HARD AT PLAYING AN EASY SPEC

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Grimt/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...410022/latest/

I don't accept the new BoS spec cuz I don't understand how that spec can be possibly any good in Nighthold boss encounters.

Being extremely unlucky on legendary drops overall since the start is pretty much an acceptance for me cuz over the course of time my guildmates have 4 or more legendaries and I'm stuck with two. One would say I don't play as much but I play the same amount as them...

My dps is a disaster in my opinion and I should be performing way better than I do in current content. My goal for now is to have 420k or more dps and my suspicion lies withing trinkets and poor haste / crit ballancing. Or I just suck at pressing abilities in the right order. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Well that's why I am here after all...

The one thing I prefer is to use obliterate over frostscythe on single target. Guildmate death knight uses frostscythe on single target and is performing better for some reasong (in Kara runs that is)

I use 1300 str pot, max crit food and two pots per every fight (sometimes I'm able to forget or ninjapull happens)

TL;DR: I suck at frost, for the love of Lich king help a brother out to perfrom better in the current patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavernus View Post
    Hi, I'm Grimt and I SUCK HARD AT PLAYING AN EASY SPEC

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Grimt/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...410022/latest/

I don't accept the new BoS spec cuz I don't understand how that spec can be possibly any good in Nighthold boss encounters.

Being extremely unlucky on legendary drops overall since the start is pretty much an acceptance for me cuz over the course of time my guildmates have 4 or more legendaries and I'm stuck with two. One would say I don't play as much but I play the same amount as them...

My dps is a disaster in my opinion and I should be performing way better than I do in current content. My goal for now is to have 420k or more dps and my suspicion lies withing trinkets and poor haste / crit ballancing. Or I just suck at pressing abilities in the right order. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Well that's why I am here after all...

The one thing I prefer is to use obliterate over frostscythe on single target. Guildmate death knight uses frostscythe on single target and is performing better for some reasong (in Kara runs that is)

I use 1300 str pot, max crit food and two pots per every fight (sometimes I'm able to forget or ninjapull happens)

TL;DR: I suck at frost, for the love of Lich king help a brother out to perfrom better in the current patch.
    First of all, dont use the frostcythe in ST fights. I would recommend not using it al all, becouse the RA/RW are alot stronger.
    When you are using the FP spec, try and never let it run out of the 3 stacks. Get RW talent and when u pop RW, pop obliteration and get 10stacks asap. Try to keep it up while dumping frost strikes after 2 abilities for the buff not to run out. You have the legendary waist so yea, your dps is indeed low. Also change the avalanche talent to icecap.

What are your stats as frost? Your armory currently shows unholy. Whatever it is, try to reach 25-27% crit, a 20% minimal haste and 4-6% versa, 25-30% mastery. Check out my armory for an example of a HB-orientated build (use it when u have the legendary head item)

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple
    Spec: Unholy <3
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...xLXk2P#fight=4

I think I can push out a bit more numbers wise but not sure how. Any pointers on things I can improve to get a bit more throughput?

I'm pretty casual atm, Artifact is at like 41. I'm happy kinda that I was only 23k dps under a DK with a 54 point artifact and some EN mythic gear but I think I could of easily matched his damage on Cenarius.

I know for sure I need more crit.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2017-01-26 at 12:36 AM.

Armory: /wow/en/character/thaurissan/Whotodo/advanced
    Logs: /reports/9atdN1mL7f8XPwKy

PS:Sorry can post links.

I'm been mainly focusing on m+ on my DK and just hope into raid recently.

I feel my dps is lacking when compared to other raider in my guild and also other DK from around the world

Can i get some pointers on how to improve my DPS

Thanks in advanced

New account so not allowed to post links.

Armory: us battle net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Fantá/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    Logs: www warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/6743134/latest/

Not doing well for my ilvl. Have the 4 set, but i lose ilvl and 1200 str. Mainly sticking with defile for most NH fights because I do have the legendary helm that helps me proc it more often and most boss fights in NH have multiple adds.

Ideas? Thanks

Hi my name is Sunraven and I'm still struggling allot. New account wont let me post links, sorry.

Armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Sunraven/simple
    I'm at 31% crit, 20% haste, and 30% mastery. I don't have any useful legendaries, my trinkets are meh, I don't have any set bonuses, and I'm item level 873.

Here are my NH logs from last nights attempts. warcraftlogs.com/reports/T1WZF3rKaVb9cz8H/#view=analytical&type=damage-done&fight=1&source=7

On this fight I was saving second breath use for either the big add in phase three or the boss since I loose out having to turn away when used on add.

What can I do. I know I have to improve and I feel like I'm dragging my group down.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hey having a hard time performing in NH was hoping for some feed back on what I can to better my performance as a frost DK. Thanks in advance!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elmorda/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1958945/latest

Quote Originally Posted by Maelmorda View Post
    Hey having a hard time performing in NH was hoping for some feed back on what I can to better my performance as a frost DK. Thanks in advance!
    I am seeing warcraftlogs.com/reports/RgGMC3X8BV9TL64N

I can't help much, but one thing I noticed, is you are not preparing for your breath,. at least the second one, since you won't have HRW ready you need to poll runes and RP, on chronomatic you didn't use your second breath for a whole minute waiting for HRW, making it last for only 20 secs, instead, you can try timming polling the resources to be able to maintain BoS until HRW is ready.

Also big issue I noticed is you only used your HoW twice in the entire fight, in a 4min fight you should be able to use it 6-7 times. that is a lot of resources wasted.

You only casted Obliterate 47 times (should maybe get 60 or more) which may be because of the haste, you should try to get around 20% haste, but if you are simming and its telling you to go for other stats then tat is fine. also casts of howling blast could be higher.

Take this with a big grain of salt, this is the first time I do this.

Deleted
    Back in EN I used to do fine as UH, but in Nighthold I'm doing terrible. Granted, my haste is low, and I only have 43 traits unlocked, and my trinkets aren't very good, but I'm starting to think there must be something fundamentally wrong with my playstyle when I consistently end up bottom of dps except for Skorpyron, when I was at the top of the pack in early EN.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sengrim/simple
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...5354829/latest

A while ago I moved over from clicking to keybinding (haven't raided since WotLK before Legion) and maybe I'm still not proficient at it, might not be getting enough gcds in to start with.

Armory: us.battle. net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Freez%C3%ADe/simple
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs. com/reports/aGQvbMTRrmY8F29w#view=analytical&type=damage-done&fight=12&source=22
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Recently I main changed to DK and I feel like i have a pretty basic understanding of how the rotation and play style works but I would like help in improving where you all see me lacking in. I recently got Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish that I replaced the 845 Chaos Talisman that is in the logs but other then that rest is the same.

Logs:https:.warcraftlogs.com/reports/64KPBkmbYj8r2nCJ/#view=analytical&type=summary&boss=-2&difficulty=0
    https:warcraftlogs.com/reports/M1jJNvZ42cRGnAPV/
    Armory:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Drakenkiller/simple
    So first log is normal NH, second is a heroic run from tonight. I really just want to see if there is anything i can refine, anything i can do a little bit better. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=91

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Gelun/simple

Been playing DK for quite some time, prior to Legion I'd often find myself near the tops of meters. However with legion I seem to be struggling. I'm pulling less DPS than lower ilvl players. I've read guides, try and perfect my rotation, etc. I think my BoS uptime is low, but I don't know why. Maybe too little haste? I just end up rune starved at some point and then it drops.

Getting lost with more gear

Armory: /wow/en/character/draka/Duvid/simple
    Logs: /rankings/character/680511/latest#
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I legitimately am lost. I originally ran Machine gun and did good parsing and such. Then 7.1.5 came out and I dropped so I switched to BoS and was okay for a bit in relation to my ilvl. Now I have hit an ilvl that I cannot seem to perform up to par or consistent. it may be gear but I do not know. HELP ME PLEASE.

I had to remove the beginning of the links for my armory and my warcraft logs because I hadnt posted enough

Deleted
    Hello, i cannot post any links yet so

Armory: Skens Kazzak EU Horde
    World of Logs: Skens Kazzak Mythic Krosus logs. /reports/XjQWmFafNMD3rTA6#fight=41&type=damage-done&source=21
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Hi, before 7.1.5 before i changed to BoS build i was doing well on logs nothing below 75% and quite a few over 90%(Best Perf. Avg 91% in EN Mythic), now i am down under 50 on alot of single-target bosses and other raiders in my guild have just pulled way ahead and i couldnt keep up with them which got me benched and now i have joined another guild and im still doing so bad DPS.

I appreciate any critique and helpful advice on how i can improv my DPS!

Fix my DPS

Armory:eu.battle.net/wow/ru/character/ревущий-фьорд/Нилирей/simple
    Spec: Frost DK
    World of Logs:warcraftlogs.com/reports/k7dgrXRzHctZBACL
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Hello. What am I doing wrong. Talent, stat, gear or rotation?
    Last edited by Nilirey; 2017-03-17 at 09:54 AM.

Frost DK with my 1h Weapons at 899. All Traits filled up 54 maxed out. And gear score is i874. And I am only doing a measly 225k or so DPS. My Guild leader is super cool, he said let me theory craft for a second, asked me to log out and log back in, and he test my guy, as is, and said yep, current Talent and setup, best I could do is 225k to 250k dps.

He said try this, just switch to Unholy for a second, which I have not played but for like 10 minutes last year. I have ZERO traits, and zero relics. I switch to him, my gear score drops to i850, and my weapon drops to like i749. He tests that out, and I am doing 200k DPS right off the bat, with zero anything in Unholy. He said i'd suggest you strongly consider switching to Unholy spec moving forward, at least give it a good try for a couple weeks, see how you like it after gearing up.

Why in Unholy spec, with no relics at all, only like 4 traits out of 54 filled up, with a gear score of i850 and weapon of i749, am I doing 200k damage, which is pretty good for being like a newbie fresh 100. Where as in nice geared Frost spec; all 54 traits filled, all 3 relics filled with good 880 stuff, my weapon at i899, and my gear score of 874, am I doing so bad ?