Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    First thing I notice is you're using a Tank Trinket (Evergaze Arcane Eidolon) other than that, things look fine, decent amount of Multistrike/Mastery gear.

Log-wise;

Beastlord Darmac :

Blood Boil cast only 26 times (should be around 3x this much)
    Soul Reaper cast only 19 times (You can use Soul Reaper on each individual mount as they get to 45% as well as the boss)
    No Death and Decay casts (Does a significant amount of damage on Pets and Spears)

Operator Throgar :

Blood Coil cast only 18 times (could probably double this on adds)
    Death and Decay cast only 2 times (should be used on every add-train)

Iron Maidens :

No Death and Decay casts (should be used whenever there are 2 or more targets)
    No Blood Boil (should be used whenever there are 3 or more targets, as long as you don't allow diseases to drop)

Kromog :

Blood Boil cast only 8 times (if you setup your Death Runes properly, you can get much higher output on Grasping Hands)

Blast Furnace :

Blood Boil cast only 14 times (could probably be tripled, even while doing focused Single Target on priority targets)
    No Death and Decay casts (should always be used on 2 or more targets)

Oregorger :

76% Necrotic Plague uptime (if you position yourself properly where he rolls, you can keep Necrotic Plague at a higher uptime)
    I have not been abusing BB spam or DnD either... maybe thats why I am not happy with my DPS
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    I have not been abusing BB spam or DnD either... maybe thats why I am not happy with my DPS
    I wouldn't call it abusing, so much as efficient optimization of Runes.

It's really how the runes are meant to be used in those encounters. :P

Deleted
    Just give a shoutout to Breyers for some great tips. Thanks dude! I'll start working on these as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofti View Post
    Just give a shoutout to Breyers for some great tips. Thanks dude! I'll start working on these as soon as possible.
    Also, using Anti-Magic Shell offensively on fights to generate Runic Power can yield a significant DPS increase. (i.e the Shard on Oregorger)

using BB(with death runes, instead of just doing it to spread your NP when the boss jumps back from the ship) on iron maidens is something you would do to pad meters, dont do that if its progression, since you need to dps each boss in the order you want them to board their ship.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-03-20 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    using BB(with death runes, instead of just doing it to spread your NP when the boss jumps back from the ship) on iron maidens is something you would do to pad meters, dont do that if its progression, since you need to dps each boss in the order you want them to board their ship.
    You want to burn them fairly evenly until 20%.. You'll still be doing more damage to your primary target (to control ship-order) with Ghoul + Scourge Strikes + Festering Strikes + White Strikes.
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-20 at 06:40 PM.

I really need some insite on why my dps is so low any help would be great

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Bloodyintent/simple
    Spec: 2 hand unholy
    Logs: .warcraftlogs.com/reports/C8RFTAX1pM9DVv7N#type=damage-done&boss=-2
    Im having a really hard time with my dps and i cant figure ot why I would like to get it up before they start to replace me i know im 10 or more i lvls below but that shouldn't make that huge of a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyintent View Post
    Im having a really hard time with my dps
    Ore:

1) why are you using so many Plague Strikes without diseases dropping off? You are not using Plague Leech.
    2) You seem to be casting AotD while the encounter already started. Don't do that.
    3) Reas Skull's guide and make sure that you understand the priority and action list properly. Read it many times. Try perfecting it on a dummy. www.hornofwinter.com
    4) your SR usage seems good. Could be a bit better with timing UH / Death runes better.

H&F:

1) You are using a lot of unneeded BBs. Why is that?
    2) Play with NP instead of Defile. Get used to the Necroticblight playstyle.
    3) Your SR usage is bad. Try to save runes / Blood tab for an instant SR as soon as the CD is off again. Make a Weakaura to track the CD maybe to help achieving this.
    4) you switched to Blood Presence and used a Death Strike but you did not use IBF. If you need a defensive use IBF before loosing DPS by switching to Blood Presence

Kagraz:

1) soak more RP with AMS
    2) why so many PS with no PL usage?
    3) SR usage could be better

There is a lot you can get better in the future. Try practicing one issue at a time. Read Skull's guide over and over again and try to get better at those areas where you lack.

Armory:link
    Spec: Unholy Necro
    World of Logs:
    Grull
    Beastlord
    Operator Thogar
    Kromog
    Hans´gar & Franzok
    Flamebender Ka´graz
    Oregorger the Devour
    Question: Well I know that I have posted every single last kill that my guild has achieve in the last week, and I should be specific, but I really need a good soul to make the analysis on my performance for all the bosses. Actually I only play the necroblight build, I feel more comfortable with this rotation, for every fight, so I would like to receive recommendations on where I can improve. I think my dps is low for the gear that I have, so any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    Armory:link
    Spec: Unholy Necro
    World of Logs:
    Grull
    Beastlord
    Operator Thogar
    Kromog
    Hans´gar & Franzok
    Flamebender Ka´graz
    Oregorger the Devour
    Question: Well I know that I have posted every single last kill that my guild has achieve in the last week, and I should be specific, but I really need a good soul to make the analysis on my performance for all the bosses. Actually I only play the necroblight build, I feel more comfortable with this rotation, for every fight, so I would like to receive recommendations on where I can improve. I think my dps is low for the gear that I have, so any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Gear / Gems / Enchant / Talents are fine (though I would suggest using the AMS Glyph)

Gruul;

Necrotic Plague Uptime - 81.97% (should be at least 98%)
    Soul Reaper - 17 casts (should be around 30 when looking at your fight duration)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 1 cast (should be able to use this at least 4-5 times to soak Inferno Slice granting full Runic Power)

Beastlord Darmac;

Necrotic Plague Uptime - 85.70% (should be around 95%)
    Soul Reaper - 13 casts (should be 30+, you can use it on each mount separately as they get to sub 45%)
    Blood Boil usage - 37 casts (about double this is possible)
    Death and Decay - 11 casts (a good number of casts, but it appears to have not been as efficiently placed with only 563 ticks)

Operator Throgar;

Only thing I can suggest is to try using Gore-fiend's Grasp with your Death and Decay casts to make them more efficient.

Kromog;

Necrotic Plague Uptime - 89.76% (should be able to get at least 95%)
    Soul Reaper - 11 casts (possible to triple this number by using it on Grasping Hands also)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 1 Cast (You can cast it every 45 seconds on Stone Breaths or Thundering Blows to get full Runic Power)

Hans'gar;

Necrotic Plague Uptime - 85.88% (should be around 94%+)
    Soul Reaper - 8 casts (should be around 20+)
    Blood Boil - 9 casts (not necessary on this fight at all, unless you're REALLY good at timing it when one of them jumps back onto the platform, and you know Necrotic Plague won't tick and spread before he leaps back off)
    Death and Decay casts - 0 (There are a few opportunities where both bosses will stand on the platform for the full duration of a Death and Decay)

Flamebender;

Soul Reaper - 24 casts (for relativity, your downing was 8 minutes 11 seconds, when I last downed her I had 31 in 5 minutes 39 seconds)
    Not much else, just maybe Death and Decay when it can hit both Flamebender and a Cinder Wolf
    Anti-Magic Shell - 1 cast (should be able to cast at least 8 or 9 times in this fight to soak for Runic Power)

Oregorger;

Proper positioning during P2 can help improve both Necrotic Plague uptime, as well as Soul Reapers (should be more than 10 Soul Reapers even without getting extras in P2)
    I don't see any Anti-Magic Shells being cast... You can soak the Blackrock Shard with it, and get a full Runic Bar (without having to lose DPS by moving also)
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-24 at 06:31 PM.

Thank yo for the insite i will try to take care of those rotation fails and look at that link

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nbeef/advanced
    Spec: Unholy Necroblight and BoS/PL on some fights (Gruul and Oregorger)
    World of Logs: 9/10 HC Kills from yesterday https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=23
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):
    At the time of the fights I only had second tier bonus and Bottle of Infesting Spores, I'm also aware some enchants weren't maximized and this has been taken care of.
    Yesterday was my first time Unholy DK ever since my main spec used to be Blood DK. I checked out the Horn of Winter site and read that guide and tried to follow it's guidelines. There's some fights where I died early and it's because I'm still getting used to the melee side of the fights.
    Keep all of that in mind please when checking out the logs. I'm not trying to make up excuses but at least now you know my background info !
    I prefer the Necroblight play style and I love to hear from you guys where I can improve on which fights and how to do so.
    Can't wait to hear your pointers, tips, comments and criticism. Thanks a lot in advance!

Unbeef

Quote Originally Posted by vexas View Post
    Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nbeef/advanced
    Spec: Unholy Necroblight and BoS/PL on some fights (Gruul and Oregorger)
    World of Logs: 9/10 HC Kills from yesterday https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=-2&source=23
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):
    At the time of the fights I only had second tier bonus and Bottle of Infesting Spores, I'm also aware some enchants weren't maximized and this has been taken care of.
    Yesterday was my first time Unholy DK ever since my main spec used to be Blood DK. I checked out the Horn of Winter site and read that guide and tried to follow it's guidelines. There's some fights where I died early and it's because I'm still getting used to the melee side of the fights.
    Keep all of that in mind please when checking out the logs. I'm not trying to make up excuses but at least now you know my background info !
    I prefer the Necroblight play style and I love to hear from you guys where I can improve on which fights and how to do so.
    Can't wait to hear your pointers, tips, comments and criticism. Thanks a lot in advance!

Unbeef
    Gear seems fine, bit low on the Mastery, but that can't be helped.. I'd suggest the Glyph of Icebound Fortitude over Shifting Presence.

Gruul;

Soul Reaper - 15 casts (should be able to manage at least 20 or so)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 2 casts (should be used at least 4 times to soak Inferno Slices for Runic Power)

Oregorger;

Soul Reaper - 20 casts (would have been a bit higher if you hadn't died during lust)

I'd suggest using Necroblight on this fight over Breath of Sindragosa, as you can stack it / keep it going even during Transition (And it can also spread to boxes as he rolls around)

Beastlord Darmac;

Soul Reaper - 19 casts (could likely manage another 15, as you can use it on each mount when they get to 45%)
    Death and Decay - 9 casts, however they could possibly have been placed more efficiently, as they only had 468 ticks

Hans and Franz;

Everything seems pretty on-point here.
    No Anti-Magic Shell - Easy to soak on the Fire-Poptarts to generate Runic Power

Operator Thogar;

Soul Reaper - 16 casts (should be close to double)
    Blood Boil - 19 casts and 129 hits (should be triple this many hits with Blood Boil)
    Death and Decay - 3 casts, however only 358 ticks, which can be doubled if placed efficiently

Flamebender Ka'graz;

Soul Reaper - 23 casts (should be around 40)

Kromog;

Died in execute phase, so it's hard to judge
    Blood Boil - 11 casts, 130 targets hit (should setup Deaths just prior to Runes of Grasping Hands to get out more Blood Boils)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 2 casts (should use on as many Stone Breaths and Thundering Blows as possible)

Maidens;

Not bad overall, considering a death near the end.
    Anti-Magic Shell - 2 casts (can use this to soak Blood Rituals that are cast on yourself or anybody else, to generate Runic Power)

Blast Furnace;

Looks pretty decent overall.

Overall I'd simply suggest;
    - setting up Death Runes properly for predictable AoE (Beastlord, Kromog etc)
    - more efficient placement of Death and Decay on AoE encounters
    - more Soul Reapers during execute (starts at 45% for Unholy, and it's usually safe to cast the first Soul Reaper at 47%)
    - use Anti-Magic Shell offensively more often, to build Runic Power
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-26 at 10:04 PM.

Hey Breyers,

Thanks a lot for reviewing my logs and giving me tips on how to improve my dps!
    This was exactly the kind of post I was hoping for. You gave me good pointers and I'll keep those in mind next time around.
    Thanks for your time and effort!

Hey guys,

We're trying to shore up some of our weaker DPS to progress through heroic. I think our DK is having a little trouble with the rotation, this is him

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7214951/latest/#boss=0

And these are our last logs in heroic, any tips you guys can give us?

warcraftlogs.com/reports/4NkV9T73tAGJhX2z

Edit: Can't post link

Quote Originally Posted by Kelfious View Post
    Hey guys,

We're trying to shore up some of our weaker DPS to progress through heroic. I think our DK is having a little trouble with the rotation, this is him

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/7214951/latest/#boss=0

And these are our last logs in heroic, any tips you guys can give us?

warcraftlogs.com/reports/4NkV9T73tAGJhX2z

Edit: Can't post link
    Character wise;

No Neck Enchant
    No Cloak Enchant
    No Ring Enchant
    Lesser Ring Enchant (30 Multistrike, should be 50)
    Critical Strike Gem in Trinket (should be Multistrike or Mastery)

I'd suggest he use Runic Corruption rather than Blood Tap as an inexperienced Death Knight (Tier 4 Talent)

Lots of gear with Critical Strike / Versatility / Haste, which are the 3 weakest stats, should gear toward Multistrike + Mastery (can't always help what gear you get, I understand)

Gruul; 22,500 DPS (should be around 29,000 for his ilvl)

Blood Plague and Frost Fever uptime - 32.3% (should be 95%+)
    Defile - 5 Casts (5 minute fight gives enough time for 10 casts)
    Soul Reaper - 1 Cast (should be cast every 6 seconds after the Boss is below 45% - Single strongest ability)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 2 casts (should be cast at least 4-5 times to generate Runic Power from Inferno Slices)
    Dark Transformation - 6 casts with 56% Uptime (Should be closer to 70% uptime on the empowered Ghoul)

Beastlord; 30,300 DPS (should be around 42,000 for his ilvl)

Blood Plague and Frost Fever uptime - 89.35% (should be 95%+)
    Soul Reaper - 5 casts (should be around 30-ish, as he can use Soul Reaper as each mount is sub-45%)

I'd suggest him using [Tier 1 - Unholy Blight] and [Tier 7 - Necrotic Plague] on this fight.

Hans and Franz; 22,000 DPS (should be around 30,000 for his ilvl)

Soul Reaper - 2 casts (should be at least 20)

I would again suggest him using [Tier 1 - Unholy Blight] and [Tier 7 - Necrotic Plague] on this fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other two fights you didn't down, so it's hard to look at uptime on stuff.

Main suggestions are to fix the gearing / gemming / enchanting problem, as well as addressing the problems I pointed out under each of the individual bosses.

He should really be using Unholy Blight / Necrotic Plague unless it's a purely Single Target encounter.
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-30 at 01:40 AM.

Hey Guys,

Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...matosis/simple
    Spec: unholy
    warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...1&type=summary
    Question:
    looking for some help with our raids DK, based on his rankings he seems to be doing bad for his ilvl but I dont know Dks so don't know how to help him. if you can give me any specific pointers to help his DPS out that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperio View Post
    Hey Guys,

Question:
    looking for some help with our raids DK, based on his rankings he seems to be doing bad for his ilvl but I dont know Dks so don't know how to help him. if you can give me any specific pointers to help his DPS out that would be awesome.
    Without going into a ton of detail it's pretty much because he's using Defile. He should be using Breath on the single target bosses if he knows how to use it (looks like he doesn't) and NP on every other boss

Quote Originally Posted by hyperio View Post
    Hey Guys,

Question:
    Character-wise;

With the exception of getting different pieces in some slots, everything looks fine gear-wise
    Glyphs look good, however Talent-wise, I'd suggest he uses [Tier 1 - Unholy Blight] and [Tier 7 - Necrotic Plague]

Gruul; 25,300 DPS (should be approximately 30,000)

Soul Reaper - 6 casts (should be cast every 6 seconds sub-47% - should have gotten around 20 or so casts)
    Defile - 3 casts (should have been at least 8 casts) Defile is not the optimal playstyle for Gruul (or any fight)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 0 casts (should have been cast at least 4 times to soak Inferno Slice to generate Runic Power)
    Dark Transformation - 4 casts (should have been able to squeeze out 1 or 2 more if he was using Soul Reaper / Anti-Magic Shell properly)
    Soul Reaper with 4Piece Tier lets him automatically transform his Ghoul

Oregorger; 19,100 DPS (should be approximately 25,000)

Blood Plague / Frost Fever uptime - 74.5% (should be around 90%+)
    Soul Reaper - 8 casts (should be cast every 6 seconds sub-47% - should have gotten around 25 or so casts as it can be used on the Crates as well)
    Defile - 3 casts (should be at least 6 casts) Defile is not the optimal spec to use on this fight (see Character-advice above)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 0 casts (should be at least 5 casts to soak Explosive Shards and generate Runic Power)
    Dark Transformation - 4 casts (should be at least 5 or 6 casts if he was using Soul Reaper and Anti-Magic Shell efficiently)

Beastlord Darmac; 21,100 DPS (should be approximately 36,000)

Blood Plague / Frost Fever uptime - 85% (should be over 95% on this fight)
    Soul Reaper - 7 casts (should easily be 25 casts as it can be used on both Darmac and his Mounts sub-45%)
    Blood Boil - 19 casts with 114 targets hit (should be close to 50-60 casts)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 0 casts (Can be used offensively to soak Fire to generate Runic Power)
    Dark Transformation - 6 casts (should be closer to 9 times in a 7 minute fight)

Operator Thogar; 32,700 DPS (should be approximately 40,000)

Soul Reaper - 5 casts (should be around 30 casts for that fight duration, as it can be cast on both Thogar and Man-at-Wars sub-45%)
    Defile and Blood Boil don't look to be efficiently cast
    Defile 8 casts - only 369 ticks of damage (5 casts can get 350 ticks) Again, Defile is not the optimal spec to play on this fight.
    Blood Boil 40 casts - only 323 ticks of damage (25 casts can get 250 ticks)
    Dark Transformation - 5 casts (for a 7 minute fight, it should easily be used 9 or 10 times with proper Soul Reaper application)

Iron Maidens; 29,900 DPS (should be approximately 32,000, so not too far off)

Hans and Franz; 21,500 DPS (should be approximately 30,000)

Blood Plague and Frost Fever uptime - 90% (should be closer to 95% on this fight)
    Soul Reaper - 8 casts (should be closer to 25-30 casts)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 0 casts (can be used to soak the Fire-Poptarts to generate Runic Power)
    Defile is not the optimal spec to play on this fight

Flamebender; 19,200 DPS (should be approximately 30,000)

Soul Reaper - 12 casts (should be closer to 40 as it can be used on both Flamebender and the Cinder Wolves)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 2 casts (should be closer to 6 casts to soak damage for Runic Power)
    Defile is not the optimal spec to use on this fight

Kromog; 25,400 DPS (should be approximately 34,000)

Soul Reaper - 4 casts (should be around 25 casts, as it can be used on both Kromog and his Grasping Hands)
    Blood Boil - 4 casts (should be around 20 or so casts, to both deal AoE damage and spread DoTs during Grasping Hands)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 0 casts (should be used on every Stone Breath and Thundering Blows possible to generate Runic Power - around 5 times for your fight length)
    Defile - 5 casts (not being cast efficient, as it only dealt 113 ticks of damage. On this fight 2 Defiles can easily do 150 ticks if placed properly on Grasping Hands)
    Defile is not hte optimal spec to play on this fight

Blast Furnace; 27,000 DPS (should be approximately 35,000)

Blood Plague and Frost Fever uptime - 85% (should easily be 95% on this fight)
    Soul Reaper - 11 casts (should easily be 20+ as it can be used on every single Add in this fight)
    Defile - 10 casts (could squeeze out at least 5-6 more)
    Anti-Magic Shell - 1 cast (should be around 5-6 on this fight to generate Runic Power as there is pretty consistant magic-damage being dealt)
    Defile is not the optimal spec for this fight

Overall;
    Nowhere near enough Soul Reapers cast (can be used on both Bosses and Adds sub-45%)
    Nowhere near enough Anti-Magic Shells being used to soak damage and generate Runic Power
    Low Disease uptime
    He should be converting his Frost runes to Death Runes when there are predictable AoE (Kromog, Operator, Beastlord)
    Plague Leech + Defile are no longer Viable, he should be using [Tier 1 - Unholy Blight] and [Tier 7 - Necrotic Plague]
    Last edited by Breyers; 2015-03-30 at 09:44 PM.