Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    nephzor
    Hey man, its logs from my gm/guild who uploads them to askmrrobot, so cant upload them to warcraftlogs im afraid But looking forward to your answer, everything will be really helpful

*EDIT*
    I found some here from march 25.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4Tx6Y9XMyvHmcbFd#fight=12&type=damage-done

And just did a hm normal pug today:
    askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/86e54c7f-80b3-4fac-a012-b1258291bbef/overview
    Last edited by mmoca42ca4a2c5; 2015-04-07 at 04:46 PM.

@Avaro

I had a quick look over your heroic gruul kill from march 25th here's what i found

you missed 2 defile(casted 6 and could have done 8), also i personally feel like PL + Defile is worse than necroblight now, PL + BoS being the top spec for single target fight

you casted plague leech 5 times, but casted outbreak 3 times and plague strike 6 times(never ever plague strike for no reason, if your disease are about to fall off plague leech and reapply with plague strike, dont let them fall and waste a rune on plague strike), i personally plague leech only when outbreak is off CD, or if i really need a rune for soul reaper i will plague leech and reapply with plague strike but very rarely do i have to) to get the maximum out of plague leech you need to have 2 runes fully depleted

your soul reaper usage seems low, try and do it every time its off CD, delay a SS if you have to, its your best ability in term of damage

also you are using blood tap that's a good thing but its a dps loss if you are not comfortable playing with it, if you feel uncomfortable with it, my advice would be to switch to runic corruption

my advice is to switch to necroblight for every fight with cleave or AoE and for single target fight you can either play necroblight or PL + BoS(you will need some time getting used to it, but it's worth it)

if you have any other question feel free to pm me

Hello, hoping to get some advice on what I'm doing wrong. I'm fairly new to the DK playstyle (I used to be Holy Priest, I haven't played my DK since WOTLK), so I'm sure there's quite a few things I'm missing.

I do know that I should be going SoH spec on single target fights, but I don't have the Maiden trinket to make it viable. I tried it out a couple weeks ago and it was a huge DPS loss. I also know my trinkets suck really, really bad and is a huge part of things, but I want to make sure there is nothing else I'm missing.

Character is Corothal. You'll have to ignore the first Gruul kill and wipe, the guy that does the logs messed up the logging on Saturday and continued it through yesterday.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...272f5/overview

**EDIT**

Here are world of logs report for our Mythic Beastlord. Eventually I switched over to my priest since my DPS was so low.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z3ivoqg9wylievcw/
    Last edited by Coro; 2015-04-09 at 01:14 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leticus/simple

Spec:
    Unholy

World of Logs:
    i'm using askmrrobot logs.
    04/08 http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...9561b/overview
    04/07 http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...f93e6/overview ( i was tank most part of this day)
    last week http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...84c24/overview

Obs: i got my 4 part yesterday on iron maidens kill

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):

A part from Krommog that i'm always the third tank, my dps is between 60% to 75% in the askmrrobot scale for unholy dks in heroic brf.
    I need some especific tips to improve the dps. I know i cant beat fire mages of warriors but i know i can do better.
    Thanks in advance

I am too new to post links, so unfortunately I can just spell them out:

Armory: wow-heroes.com/character/us/Area%2052/vivaax/

Spec: Frost 2H

World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/vDMY6hTBJpGF2LK3#fight=23&type=summary

Question: My DPS ranges quite a lot, from 25-32K on bosses, and is well below where I think it should be for my gear. Am I using the right talents & stats? - Noxxic and Icy Veins are contradictory at times... Also, does anything simple jump out at you that I do wrong or can improve? Thank you!!!

Too new to post links =/

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Blandrick/simple

Spec: Unholy

Logs:
    Our guild uses Warcraft Logs. Here's one from earlier this week: warcraftlogs.com/reports/c4GTKtxFZPXRaybh#fight=4&type=damage-done

Question:
    I don't feel like I do poorly, but I do feel like I should be doing more damage than I do, given the gear that I have. I think the best I've ranked is the 82 I got this week on Maidens. I switch mostly between necroblight and BoS, but I'll use Defile if it suits the encounter. I've looked around at various guides, including Skullflower's, but I just can't figure out why I'm not doing more dps. My best guess is that I'm not performing the priority correctly, but I can't spot where I'm screwing it up. I typically rank between 50-70 for unholy on any given encounter, assuming I don't get screwed by mechanics (getting hella bombs on BF, for example)

hey, guys. I come to this forum asking for help. my character name is réllik.. im unholy dk . I need help to fix my dps. pls help

askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/icecrown/r%c3%a9llik
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/R%c3%a9llik/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jarthel View Post
    hey, guys. I come to this forum asking for help. my character name is réllik.. im unholy dk . I need help to fix my dps. pls help

I am not great at looking at mr robot logs, looking at your kromag kill though, it seems you are not using death coil, or soul reaper nearly enough (use them on the hands too), not using death coil means less pet up time and capping runic power.

Also, showing 3 casts and only 33 ticks on DnD, which on hands phases, just doesn't seem right. Maybe I am wrong, but, I really think you should go back basics with your tactics and rotation. Did you die during that fight?

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyRandom View Post
    I am not great at looking at mr robot logs, looking at your kromag kill though, it seems you are not using death coil, or soul reaper nearly enough (use them on the hands too), not using death coil means less pet up time and capping runic power.

Also, showing 3 casts and only 33 ticks on DnD, which on hands phases, just doesn't seem right. Maybe I am wrong, but, I really think you should go back basics with your tactics and rotation. Did you die during that fight?
    Well 3 casts seems about right if he had 3 grasping phase you can only cast it once per phase

Also yes he died roughly a min before kromog died

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jarthel View Post

So after looking at your kromog kill

Your necrotic plague uptime is low should be ~98%.(you died so that could explain the really low uptime)

here's what i do on kromog, i basicly spam FeS with blood/frost/death runes so that way i get a really long necrotic plague that will persists through hand phase, i also position myself around the middle so i can quickly blood boil to spread my 1min necrotic plague on every hands and then spam blood boil. DK's are god on this fight

i also had a quick look at your flamebender kill and your NP uptime is realllllllllllllllly low 38% is way way too low, again should be 98%+

That's a huge dps loss to let NP fall and not reapply it, you should only let NP fall when UB is off CD so that means depending on your haste you will have to use 2-3 FeS with death runes

i recommend this guide it has all the information you need for unholy, and rotation/priority list for every tier 100 talents and playstyle(necroblight, BoS and defile)

http://www.summonstone.com/deathknight/unholy/
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-04-14 at 01:33 AM.

Armory
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Kil'jaeden/Theodoorbad/advanced
    Spec:
    Unholy

World of Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/pYwjm2rZWDQXvPzh#fight=11&type=damage-done

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):

When do I use BoS in P2 if im going in the stands. Also what is better to use if im going into the stands and not BoS or Necroblight. I noticed that i was not using scourge Strike enough and I've had addressed that in recent runs. Any other mistakes that im making please shine light on them and share your knowledge. Sorry about not being able to post links I don't post often hopefully that changes

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADkkj/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs:

Sorry I just have Normal Logs that I made specialy for this thread when joining a silly standard PuG:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done Normal Darmac
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=1 Normal Gruul
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2 Normal Ore

Ranks: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...holy&bracket=4

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): This is a quite fresh DK (as you can see of my kills) that I made mainly since I never played one and really tought it would fit what I do enjoy with the game. I was also quite tempted to do some Forst in random BG;s..... Anyway. I am unsure when and where to use what build. I really like UnholyBlight build, but I cant really "skyrocket" the DPS on lets say Thorgar (no logs i know). On Darmac I feel Defile is better as well... Does this mainly come down to experience?
    Some times I mess up the rune management , but if someone could have a quick overal look I would be reall happy.

Also - Runic Corruption over Tap? Sometimes Tap gives me better results, sometimes Corruption is the way to go when looking at meters. Is Tap allways going to be better, or is Corruption totally viable?

I am jumping into PuGs on lootlocked bosses in HC just to get a chanse to improve atm cus I really want to push my DK game wich is better then my main Pala (posted a simmilar thread in the prot thread today) so all input is appriciated.
    Last edited by Nikkej; 2015-04-30 at 04:06 AM.

Lot's of nice contributions here, I'm using it for a better understanding of playing DK. Thank you, all

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Joshflores/simple:
    Unholy:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/bTpzRdVZ2f761kxF#view=rankings&fight=1
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4wLNDMdzKvpyh3xc
    :
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and would like to be criticized. Thank you for your help!:

@Nikkej It's going to be hard to gauge how much better necroblight is to defile in a normal group due to how over powered your groups Dps is compared to the instance, this will make it so that adds die far faster then they're actually meant to die. Necroblight however is far stronger, but also requires a lot more experience to play. From looking at your log, you allow it to drop off for long periods and that will cause a rather big dps loose, my suggest would be to read a guide on how to maintain it (check out summoner stones dk guide, I'll send you there as opposed to explaining it because that author does a far better job and has put together possible the single best dk dps guide there is).

On single target runic corruption and blood tap are about equal, with a small edge going to blood tap. But one that's hardly noticeable, that been said it grants you far more control over what runes you regenerate and when you want to regenerate them, as oppose to RC which is very random. Because of this reliability people generally prefer to run BT. It's a also quite a bit ahead on AoE, but generally that's only due to extra padding. Due to having full control over when your runes come back a good DK will always make better use out of BT then RC, but you will not see a blow out difference in dps.

I'd heavily suggest reading up on this guide to any dk player : http://summonstone.com/deathknight/unholy/ . It's created by one of the worlds top dks and really goes into great detail on every aspect of playing unholy as well as giving fight specific advice!

Fixed thanks!
    Last edited by Sflame; 2015-05-27 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    I'm looking to get some advice as to my frustration of the Heroic Iron Maidens encounter. I am parsing high 80's-90's on every fight but this encounter. It has become the bane of my existence. I just cannot parse well and feel like I'm underperforming and doing something wrong. Just as a note, I am on boat duty. Also I know my up time on NP is a tad low. Just flat out had horrible lining up time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Spec: Unholy (UB/NP)
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Casca/advanced
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&by=source
    if you wanna parse higher on that fight :

1) you are on boat duty so your dps will suffer alot from that
    2) 91 scourge strike, i think you could have done more than that
    3) never cast army during fight unless you really have nothing to hit. cast it around 7-8 sec before pull
    4) why did you pull in frost presence and stayed in frost presence for like 3min+ ?

also you still have tectus trinket, once you get Vial of convulsive shadow your dps will go up(use it on CD)

also your flask didnt last until the end of your pull

blood fury on CD, missed 1

this fight is also a really good fight for AMS soaking, try and soak as much as you can, free Runic power is good

another thing to note rankings don't mean much, because if you look at all the top rankings their kill are almost half your kill time, obviously shorter kill time = higher DPS

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    if you wanna parse higher on that fight :

1) you are on boat duty so your dps will suffer alot from that
    2) 91 scourge strike, i think you could have done more than that
    3) never cast army during fight unless you really have nothing to hit. cast it around 7-8 sec before pull
    4) why did you pull in frost presence and stayed in frost presence for like 3min+ ?

also you still have tectus trinket, once you get Vial of convulsive shadow your dps will go up(use it on CD)

also your flask didnt last until the end of your pull

blood fury on CD, missed 1

this fight is also a really good fight for AMS soaking, try and soak as much as you can, free Runic power is good

another thing to note rankings don't mean much, because if you look at all the top rankings their kill are almost half your kill time, obviously shorter kill time = higher DPS
    Yeah I saw that later in the fight. I was wondering why my rune regeneration was crap and yeah.....i was in frost presence. No clue how. Trust me I want Vial of Convulsive Shadows too. I have seen it one time and a Ret Pally got it. Have rolled for it every week but it has alluded me. I realize there was a number of little things that made a perfect storm for me, that I don't normally do (unholy presence, higher up time on NP and flask lasting) on that specific pull but in general I do less DPS than I would like to on that encounter. I was just looking for tips and fine tuning in general. Thanks for the advice. Quick couple of questions....

-Should I use Blood Fury on CD and disregard lining it up w/gargoyle?
    -Is it worth saving gargoyle for the lust when you push them? Let's say lust is 2min away but gargoyle is a 3min CD.

On your second question that depends. 1st will that stop you getting another Gargoyle off? For example if there is 4:30 left in the fight, you could have gotten that original gargoyle off and then another, while saving it for lust you'd have only gotten one off. If Lust was going to be pop'd for the last minute of the fight. (ie you lust and the fight ends a minute later) then it is worth saving as it will benefit from the 40% haste increase, giving an over all damage increase.

Same with Cd's like blood fury, as long as waiting will not cost you a second cast then go for it (note AP, Mastery and haste is all it scales with if I'm not mistaken, so no need to save anything else).

However it's not really that simple, while it's easy to tell when something will provide the biggest individual dps increase it is also important to maximize how useful your damage is for the raid. On iron maidens for example the only point of the fight that really matters is the last 20%. Because of that it's worth missing a CD if it means it'll be up to burst down at the start of that phase and max it easier. In that case it would be worth saving a Gargoyle for lust even if that means missing one later, as the last one will come when one Maid is up and the fights out come is all but decided. That may not have any reliance on farm bosses but is worth thinking about

Need some help with Mythic furnace. having issues keeping NP up in p2.

here's some logs: Supersayansexywipefests!!

any tips or helpful advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Need some help with Mythic furnace. having issues keeping NP up in p2.

here's some logs: Supersayansexywipefests!!

any tips or helpful advice?
    i usually have NP on feldspar until he dies, and FeS in between blood boil, then i go for any adds that will last long enough that i can spread with BB, but you will have to tab target and FeS on some adds like the slag elemental

but really keeping a high uptime on NP on this fight is a pain in the ***