Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmmm. so around 85-93 is rather ok without hitting p3 yet then i assume? (obviously not best but acceptable without having multiple kills)
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-05-15 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

i would say 92% +, on my first kill i had 93% uptime and the way i played on that kill 93%+ should be easy to get

Like i said after feldspar dies, you have to tab target alot to keep np up

This is interesting, im gonna get some stuff together and see if i can get some feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...whisper/simple
    Spec: Unholy (Necrotic,unholy blight)
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/32JVp9wnctz8C4hD
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I just feel like my DPS is lacking, overall and on the intitial heroism/prepot phase. I'm not sure what im doing but i run into the occasional Deathknight that bursts for 20k more than me during the start of the fight also. Only thing i can think is that they're using 'On use' trinkets. Anyways, any and all feedback is appreciated. My character is "deadwhisper".

Deleted
    Heya!

Killed Thogar Mythic first time tonight, so I was playing a bit sloppy when we killed him. Anyways... compared logs on warcraftlogs.com aftwards and I noticed that I was rather under-performing.
    I figured my NP damage should be about 10m higher and I also noticed that my NP average damage is about 8k lower compared to other players with similar gearscore.
    How is that and how can I improve?

Not allowed to post links, sorry for the fuzz ^^

Logs:warcraftlogs.com/reports/K9Z3djYMDRry6FaN#type=damage-done&source=22
    Armory:eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/antonidas/Gr%C3%ADzz/simple

TIA

unholy

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done:

~39k on gruul seems uh, really low for 691 ilvl. Breath feels frustrating to play so I'm trying to find ways to make it...less frustrating.
    Last edited by Choot; 2015-07-27 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    hey guys,

Looking for some insight into low DPS as an Unholy 689 Death Knight on some fights (primarily single target fights and certain high movement fights).

So, to begin, I've been playing DK since Wrath, I have grown with the class and feel like I know it inside out for the majority. However, I recently switched from Frost to Unholy due to frost's poor performance this expac and while my DPS has gone up somewhat, I am also noticing a lot of fluctuating in my logged DPS for some fights.

Expectations: 75th Percentile of Unholy Death Knights, improve general single target performance as I can't see myself doing much wrong personally

Armory and Talents: eu. battle .net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/orcknight/advanced

Recent log set (can get more or some WCL on request): askmrrobot .com/wow/combatlog/daf9a9a3-c21f-4b06-896d-38d9f652562a/overview

My general playstyle: I use Necrotic Plague and Unholy Blight as my two DPS talent choices (I was originally using Defile / Plague Leech but found that in BRF defile wasn't getting 100% up time and as such it was more efficient to use NP, with NP, PL is useless as it drops your stacks off which you then have to work back). Essentially I try to keep up time of 15 stack Necrotic Plague above 95%. When adds come in, I spread it on to them (using UHB if necessary) to help get them down fast. To help with this, I try to keep refreshing the DoT with Festering Strike as much as possible and use Scourge Strike as much as possible. Also I obviously have my pet up and I use his buff on cool down and try to keep enough death coils to keep him buffed as much as I can. You can analyse this yourself a little further in the logs.

My problem: Now, my DPS is not poor by any margin. I am mostly top of my guild on most nights, certainly top 3 along with other 685+ players. However, I am usually only at about the 50% of my level for Unholy DK's on AMR logs, particularly on single target fights. For example, in the linked logs I did 42k on Beastlord HC, being a reasonable amount above my fellow players, however I was only better than 40% of UH DK's at my item level (and this one was partially an AoE fight), however on Operator wipe 2 I did 60k, 97% (this usually settles down to about 55k if we're getting the kill).

Basically, there's only so much theory crafting and logs I can read myself so I am just wondering if anyone here has any insight for me or if they can notice any issues with my play in the logs, would love to be at least in the 75% percentile on all pulls.

Thanks,

-Orc-

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/eredar/Ch%C3%A1ozs/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/1PJML9nDYRQdbcA6#fight=12&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/gGx2fjCzWwA7VJd1#type=damage-done&fight=7
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):
    Thats for my friend, who is unable to write english

He has the Problem that his DPS and Ranking (percentile) on Warcraft Logs really sucks and he dont know why.
    He need to get better otherwise he loose his raid slot, but he dont know, whats wrong with the playstyle.

Thanks for help

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unadk/advanced
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I don't play unholy a lot. But my guild decided to ask me to abandon my warrior and pickup unholy on mythic Kromog. Here's a heroic kromog run I did today. When would be a good time to use trinkets/pot/gargoyle on mythic kromog? And also what would be a good FS/SS ratio on this fight? And besides the bonus armor gear and shitty trinkets. If you guys see any other things I can improve. Please let me know.

Thnanks

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/es/character/ragnaros/Libramortes/advanced
    Specs: Unholy
    WoL:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/J1wBL9bd7Ty6gXaV#fight=5 (our best pull)
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/5693896/latest#boss=0 (his ranking)
    Question:
    First, sorry about my broken english, it's not my main language so i hope you'll be able to undersand what i'm trying to say.
    This Dk is a raidmate from my guild, and we're actually trying to progress on blast furnace hc. That was our best try, and he was able to pull 31k dps, but on the other one he pulled under 30k. beside that, he seem to be scoring badly on the ranking for WoL (<24, except for darmarc where he's 48).
    I would like to know if there is a way to improve his ranking and dps, and to see what's the problem (rune and/or runic power managment, bad rotations on cds, misplays).

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lagunablade View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unadk/advanced
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

I don't play unholy a lot. But my guild decided to ask me to abandon my warrior and pickup unholy on mythic Kromog. Here's a heroic kromog run I did today. When would be a good time to use trinkets/pot/gargoyle on mythic kromog? And also what would be a good FS/SS ratio on this fight? And besides the bonus armor gear and shitty trinkets. If you guys see any other things I can improve. Please let me know.

Thnanks
    When to best use your gargoyle is dependent on your raid composition.

If your raid is lacking damage on the Trembling Earth pillars then maybe hold on to your Gargoyle for them.

My group uses 2nd pot on the Trembling Earth that happens in the sub 30% phase of the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-06-05 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roktha View Post
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/eredar/Ch%C3%A1ozs/advanced
    World of Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/1PJML9nDYRQdbcA6#fight=12&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/gGx2fjCzWwA7VJd1#type=damage-done&fight=7
    Thats for my friend, who is unable to write english

He has the Problem that his DPS and Ranking (percentile) on Warcraft Logs really sucks and he dont know why.
    He need to get better otherwise he loose his raid slot, but he dont know, whats wrong with the playstyle.

Thanks for help
    Can Sb. help ?

Deleted
    Can Sb. help ?
    His main problem from what I saw from a quick glance at the logs is his uptime on Necrotic Plague.

69% and 87% is pretty low for a standstill fight like Gruul. 98-99% is easily achievable.

Can Sb. help ?
    I found a fight where I played NP on Gruul mythic and compared it to your DK's logs:

Your DK

My DK

Now it doesn't help that he died at 4:05, so i changed the timeframes to match, at this point he doesn't have the very low NP uptime the other guy mentioned. (Being dead is bad for debuff uptimes, who knew)

He only used 1 strength potion, and he has 9 less scourge strikes. (this is probably because he's playing RC instead of BT. He could change this for more consistent DPS)
    He's also a little slow on transforming his ghoul at times.
    He didn't soak a lot of RP with AMS on slices, but that might be related to the slice strategy you're doing, I remember I was on a bad group to soak with AMS since it would be on cd still most of the time. Afaik if you get put in a good group (1 slice every 45~ seconds) you can soak around 400 RP.

When he died he was doing 38k dps and that was without using a second potion on second gargoyle for example. He could've probably gotten upto 40k. This isn't bad for his ilvl, DKs scale hard with str and multistrike keep in mind he currently only has a 685 weapon not an ilvl 700 weapon. Weapon DPS pretty good stat.

I'd recommend you to tell your officers to not look at the logs that shallowly, the 28k dps is just what's left of his overall dps after he died and his NP ticked out. Easy to look at that and say, lel dis dk only do 28k deeps kick XD, the problem is why did he die?

He died by getting hit by slice for 480k, oneshot, so either, tanks messed up, he moved out of his group.. ? I don't know I wasn't there, cba to watch the replay, he could've used AMS though since his last usage was 68 seconds ago and he might have survived, maybe a 10k overkill into purgatory -> easy heal.

Edit: Fuck it, watched replay, your tank fucked up and got him killed.
    Last edited by Schinto; 2015-06-11 at 01:27 AM.

Hello Guys,

thanks for the response, know I can translate for him and he can start to work on
    This will help him a lot.

Would you recommend BT over RC ?
    If yes, for what use the blood tap.

Or would you recommend to quit NP and play with Sindragosas Breath ?
    What is important if you play with the Breath.
    Last edited by Roktha; 2015-06-11 at 06:06 AM.

Hello Guys,

thanks for the response, know I can translate for him and he can start to work on
    This will help him a lot.

Would you recommend BT over RC ?
    If yes, for what use the blood tap.

Or would you recommend to quit NP and play with Sindragosas Breath ?
    What is important if you play with the Breath.
    manual BT gives you no rng and control on your runes vs RC. BT is the talent of choice because of that control but takes some time to get used to.

BoS is the best talent for single target and NP for AoE/cleave. Important thing with breath is soaking magic damage with AMS to fuel your breath as long as possible.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Reyzath/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/KARaL1bBqY3cz4mj#type=damage-done&source=83
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): What can I tell him to improve his dps. I noticed his necrotic plague uptime isn't 100%. I'm not sure if that is possible.Is he using the wrong talents for the fights.I wish I knew more about dks but I dont . I am trying to see if this trial dk is performing well for his gear level or not. According to logs it says he's doing bad. But he is telling me for his gear level he is doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by madskizzles View Post
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Reyzath/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/KARaL1bBqY3cz4mj#type=damage-done&source=83
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): What can I tell him to improve his dps. I noticed his necrotic plague uptime isn't 100%. I'm not sure if that is possible.Is he using the wrong talents for the fights.I wish I knew more about dks but I dont . I am trying to see if this trial dk is performing well for his gear level or not. According to logs it says he's doing bad. But he is telling me for his gear level he is doing good.
    I had a quick look at his dps numbers and i have to say he could do better than that alot better, both dk's actually.

I can't really look at logs on my phone to see what he's doing wrong, but i'll try and edit my post once i get home.

Aight here's my edit :

1) I see he's using blood tap, if he's not used to blood tap i would suggest that he switch to RC
    2) 2 soul reaper casts on beastlord.... when your target is sub 45% soul reaper is your top priority.
    3) Never cast army during the fight always cast it 6sec before pull, unless you have nothing to hit during that army cast(in brf never)
    4) Gotta use vial of convulsive shadow every time its off CD
    5) gotta work on his NP uptime 88% is low 96%+ is easy to get on beastlord, insert some Festering Strike in between blood boil
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-06-16 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiipz/advanced
    Spec: Unholy.
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hWKrZHnTDqXkM139 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pnWz3LJbGywP6Z72 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1WY7KZLGMn8QxFmB
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):Im not entirely sure what im doing wrong but i have a feeling that im lacking quite a bit on damage. As well as one of my officer said i might be having rotational issues. Since im quite bad at analyzing logs myself, im rather useless in that aspect so i've come to the DK world for help.
    Im not sure on how to be more specific... What i do anyway is Necroblight, so i spam 10 festering strikes instantly as soon as i get unholy blight up ( maybe thats the issue? ) I use a weak aura to tell me how many Festering Strikes are needed to get the dot up to the unholy blight cooldown, so i do that as soon as possible ( including Death runes ) and then follow the normal priority with runes.
    Edit: Did Simcraft my char ( first time using it ) and it said i should do 40k dps on a patchwerk fight, and i did do 37-38k on Gruul, thats close enough right? Problem is, im on the bottom of the damage in my guild, however they've all killed 10/10 mythic so they're fully mythic geared. Am i just reading too much into it and im just lacking gear?
    Thanks for the help

--Wiizper
    Last edited by mmocd8903d86c5; 2015-06-21 at 09:25 PM.

got help thanks
    Last edited by skmage; 2015-06-26 at 04:14 AM.

Deleted
    Hello.

Armory: http:/ /eu .battle. net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Pfantom/simple
    Spec: DW Frost
    World of Logs: https:/ /www .warcraftlogs. com/reports/A4TaJ7WdmQwfkPM2#type=damage-done&source=4
    I deal too little damage with Frost Strike, comparing to Howling Blast. When I looked
    at the best frost DK logs on Zakuun I saw that they dealt a lot more, almost twice the damage with FS comparing to HB. Is it
    because of good Killing Machine proc management or is there something else I'm missing? Are there any other important aspects
    I'm missing with which I could improve my skills?

Awaiting your replies
    Pfantom