Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Armory: reyzath (cant post links)
    Spec: Frost
    World of Logs: search sinfest on illidan and click on reyzath to view some of my recent logs (cant post links)

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I have been gearing through heroics with my guild, and each week they keep telling me that im doing something wrong because my dps is still low even with the frost spec buff (6.2). If yall can help me and provide me with anything please give me a hand. I know my soul reaps are low but i learned that just recently that its a huge part of my rotation that i need to fix. I love my class so much and would love for someone to just give it to me bluntly and tell me what i need to fix immediatly. I have a few parses at 44 and 46 but nothing of huge improvement. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzath View Post
    Armory: reyzath (cant post links)
    World of Logs: search sinfest on illidan and click on reyzath to view some of my recent logs (cant post links)

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I have been gearing through heroics with my guild, and each week they keep telling me that im doing something wrong because my dps is still low even with the frost spec buff (6.2). If yall can help me and provide me with anything please give me a hand. I know my soul reaps are low but i learned that just recently that its a huge part of my rotation that i need to fix. I love my class so much and would love for someone to just give it to me bluntly and tell me what i need to fix immediatly. I have a few parses at 44 and 46 but nothing of huge improvement. thanks

So i looked at your logs mostly iron reaver here's what i have to say :

1) Plague leech on CD(as long as you have 2 runes fully depleted) and reapply blood plague with outbreak if it's off CD or plague strike
    2) Obliterate should be used instead of plague strike when your unholy runes are capped or about to cap and if blood plague is still on your target
    3) soul reaper, as soon as the boss is sub 35% you use that on CD unless you have a km proc and you have enough rp for FS then you prioritize frost strike
    4) use AMS as much as possible to soak magic damage, it's a really good offensive CD(usually get a full rp bar by soaking barrage on iron reaver)
    5) use your trinket on CD you only used it twice on iron reaver
    6) pre-pot and repot for blood lust or when the boss is sub 35% if you blood lust on pull, try and lineup your 2nd pot with Pillar of Frost too
    7) Defile on CD, as long as it hits your target for most of its duration, otherwise just play plague leech + necrotic plague(actually better for high movement fight where defile wont tick for its full duration. With pl + NP you wont be using plague strike at all, just use obliterate when your unholy runes are capped or about to cap)
    8) also try and keep both your t18 2set buffs active (frozen wake and obliteration), using KM proc on obliterate only if you dont have the RP to frost strike
    9) your blood plague uptime was quite low, 78% on iron reaver, try and get that up or maybe switch to plague leech + necrotic plague
    10) also i see you are probably using macroed BT, try and get used to manual BT

here's a really great guide written by skullflowers, all the information you need are in there : http://summonstone.com/deathknight/frost/#summary

Deleted
    Sorted thanks
    Last edited by mmoc6f8399cb58; 2015-07-04 at 03:45 PM.

Armory: must search for Gûts at Zuljin. I have a special letter, the "U" code is alt+150.

Spec: Forst DK

World of Logs:
    Search for Clever Girl at Zuljin at Warcraftlogs best log is Gorefiend kill July 2nd 2015

Another Log as of July 6th 2015 Fel lord

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):

I just swapped from Unholy and seem to be struggling. I sadly just discovered using Pillars of Frost as of Thursday. Ive read a lot of guides and simcrafted. So far to my understanding, I should use KM procs for Frost Strike, Oblits if i have no runes for FS. Use Oblits to not cap Unholy Runes. Spamming Howling Blast. Plague Leech then Refresh Dots, Blood Tapping to refresh runes. Pillars of Frost use on CD when I can. Dropping Defile consistantly. FS at 80rp so not to cap. Execute at 35%.

I've felt my uptimes on Blood Plague needs work, not enough Oblits,Still new to Blood Tapping, and overall Im still just wary of the rotation. Any solid help is much welcomed!
    Last edited by duelzy; 2015-07-06 at 12:41 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by duelzy View Post
    Armory: must search for Gûts at Zuljin. I have a special letter, the "U" code is alt+150.

Spec: Forst DK

World of Logs: Search for Clever Girl at Zuljin at Warcraftlogs best log is Gorefiend kill July 2nd 2015

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC):

I just swapped from Unholy and seem to be struggling. I sadly just discovered using Pillars of Frost as of Thursday. Ive read a lot of guides and simcrafted. So far to my understanding, I should use KM procs for Frost Strike, Oblits if i have no runes for FS. Use Oblits to not cap Unholy Runes. Spamming Howling Blast. Plague Leech then Refresh Dots, Blood Tapping to refresh runes. Pillars of Frost use on CD when I can. Dropping Defile consistantly. FS at 80rp so not to cap. Execute at 35%.

I've felt my uptimes on Blood Plague needs work, not enough Oblits,Still new to Blood Tapping, and overall Im still just wary of the rotation. Any solid help is much welcomed!
    Hey duelzy!

Fellow zuljin U.S. player here Zeerø mostly play blood but currently dw frost for my guild and loving it. Let me assure you that blood plague uptime doesn't matter whatsover! The end damage for 100% uptime is lackluster compared to frost fever I don't even know why the have it so I would worry about it to much.
    That being said the synergy of blood plague should work with your Unglyphed outbreak cd (set a WA or TMW to notify you) the main reason you need blood plague as frost is so that you can plague leech. So if it falls off before your PL is on cd what you will want to do is wait for an UH rune and use plague strike to apply blood plague so you can plague leech for extra howling blast death runes.

The way I best think of blood tap is that BT gives you howling blasts and howling blast or Spending runes gives you Frost strikes (which is your main damage) so it's kinda like a meter that goes from 0-100. At 0 you use howling blasts and blood tap to get you back to 100 (runic power) when you are close to 100 you use frost strike to get you back to 0 (which using frost strike gives you blood taps for more howling blasts). So you find the rhythm of cycling back and forth.

I hope this helps.

AT Scubasme

That is a good way to to think about BT and I'll try and find that rhythm tonight in raid. yeah I believe setting the WA up will be the most positive thing for me to do so I can work on more PL uses. Thanks again for the helpful information and best of luck fellow Zul'jin player!
    Last edited by duelzy; 2015-07-05 at 04:47 PM. Reason: adding info

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Zenpox/simple
    Spec: Frost DW (Defile or NP)
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/10273735/latest/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Feel my DPS is lacking overall. I always tend to end at top 3 on bosses, but when I see my logs on WL, im very poor on my bracket in some fights, like Gorefiend for instance. Pretty sure im doing every priority in a decent way (following Skullflower's guide). My DoT's uptimes are good, using SR on CD below 35%, using KM with FS or Obliterate when not enough RP, etc.
    According to Skullflower's guide, if I dont have the empty drinking horn AND I'm not able to get most of Defile's ticks, I should use Necrotic Plague instead, but I'm not very sure if I should do that.

Any advice would be appreaciated.
    Thanks!

(sorry for not putting a clickable link to my armory and WL. MMOC asks me to post a few times before letting me post links.. and this is my first post )

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Icehand/simple
    Spec: Frost DW (NP)
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/j7BJyamQhYkNfLWM
    Question: Rankings on single target fights in particular feel low to me, which causes concern. I'm trying to determine if the difference is a rotation issue (I just swapped to Blood Tap, so still adjusting to which cases are best to use that), an issue with RP expenditures, or simply the result of poor trinkets/lack of 4pc set bonus. Any advice on how I can pull numbers up with what I have would be much appreciated.

Armory: us{.}battle{.}net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Dalthrom/simple (take the brackets out)
    Spec: Frost DK 2h
    Warcraft Logs: www{.}warcraftlogs{.}com/rankings/character/3787678/latest (take the brackets out)
    Question: According to Simcraft and other resources I should be pulling 45k during boss fights. I currently pull 31k and I really don't understand why my damage is so low. I'm willing to respec unholy if that fixes my problem. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong that causes me to pull 14k less dps then what I should be pulling.

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/Zirkel%20des%20Cenarius/Ravokan/advanced

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/anH7AjtVPKzvg6QT#boss=-2

Spec: Frost DW

Hey, i feel like i could pull more dps, as my ranks and dps in comparison to my guildmates are really lacking. I switched from Unholy this patch and think i could use some pointers.

Sorry for the crippled links. Didnt postetd much.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fungrip/simple
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GPRBAF3cWDkzJbh1

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Hello and thanks in advance.
    I started playing frost 2 days ago and feel that i am not pulling enough numbers and want to know what are the misstakes i am doing, in order to fix them

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/azshara/Deathlykill/simple
    Spec: DW Frost
    WoL : warcraftlogs.com/reports/a1Y6yfw4MWbmtZgP#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=28
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/2WzKJdFtZa1Ph4cT#fight=3

Question: Simcraft says i should pull about 50k singletarget. One thing I noticed is that my Crits and overall Froststrike dmg appears to be lower than DKs with worse gear.
    Also my burst dmg at the start of fights appears to be rather low (I know i dont always prepot, but still)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wmourne/simple
    Spec: DW Frost
    log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QvFJG3mABnKXfZ2V/

While i'm not really being "bad", i do feel that im underperforming for my level of gear. Im good enough to clear HFC hc on weekly basis, but if i can do something to improve, i want to do it.

Mannoroth kill is a good example, as it doesnt really have much in terms of mechanics that would influence my dps (basically, a patchwerk fight with a gimmick) - im pretty positive that i should be pulling more DPS than i am.

I am following the summonstone/icyveins rotation prio btw.

Note: Raid was done WITHOUT mannoroth trinket, i was using mythic forgemaster instead.
    Last edited by Anakonda; 2015-07-16 at 09:30 PM.
    We dream, we dream.

Didnt want to make a new thread about this little question of mine, so felt it kinda suited in here:

I just got my 2 set bonus, and the tooltip says 5% haste and 10% crit damage, but my buffs said 3% haste and 6% crit dmg. Is it a tooltip error or something? Anyway, it boosted my dps for sure.. But felt odd that the tooltip on the setbonus and the buff said two different things. Incase it got something to say; I got HC head and Normal chest, but both got the same tooltip, so I'd assume that have nothing to say..

Other than that, do my priority change now when I got 2set bonus? Should I shuffle Obli and Frost Strike crits for maximum uptime on the buffs, or just use all Killing Machine procs on Frost Strike (unless Runic Power starved, then I pop an Oblirate)?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Didnt want to make a new thread about this little question of mine, so felt it kinda suited in here:

I just got my 2 set bonus, and the tooltip says 5% haste and 10% crit damage, but my buffs said 3% haste and 6% crit dmg. Is it a tooltip error or something? Anyway, it boosted my dps for sure.. But felt odd that the tooltip on the setbonus and the buff said two different things. Incase it got something to say; I got HC head and Normal chest, but both got the same tooltip, so I'd assume that have nothing to say..

Other than that, do my priority change now when I got 2set bonus? Should I shuffle Obli and Frost Strike crits for maximum uptime on the buffs, or just use all Killing Machine procs on Frost Strike (unless Runic Power starved, then I pop an Oblirate)?
    They nerfed our 2set, but tooltip will only change after next patch, so yeah now it only gives 3% haste and 6% crit dmg.

as for your priority it doesnt change it stays the same
    Last edited by nephzor; 2015-07-24 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    They nerfed our 2set, but tooltip will only change after next patch, so yeah now it only gives 3% haste and 6% crit dmg.

as for your priority it doesnt change it stays the same
    Bummer.. :/
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Two DKs, Allexis and Evelo

Allexis Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Allexis/simple
    Evelo Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a/evelo/simple
    Spec:Both are DW Frost
    Warcraft Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    Question: They tend to always rank in the low/grey percentile, even for their Bracket. Trying to figure out what they are doing wrong, I went though summonstone's guide with them and everything there checks out regarding knowledge, so, hoping you guys can find some bad habits etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    Two DKs, Allexis and Evelo

Allexis Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Allexis/simple
    Evelo Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a/evelo/simple
    Spec:Both are DW Frost
    Warcraft Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    Question: They tend to always rank in the low/grey percentile, even for their Bracket. Trying to figure out what they are doing wrong, I went though summonstone's guide with them and everything there checks out regarding knowledge, so, hoping you guys can find some bad habits etc.
    Someone with a bit more log reading experience could point out issues with Evelo but I found some pretty obvious ones with Allexis.

I had a brief look over the logs.

Allexis is overusing Obliterate, 98 casts in 8.46.
    Allexis isn't using AMS offensively to get extra RP. Stand in Fire and hit AMS immediately and it'll start giving the DK RP.

Obliterate should only be used if;

- The DK has "Capped Unholy Runes" aka 2 Unholy runes off cooldown ready to use.
    or
    - Killing Machine is active but the DK does not have enough Runic Power to Frost Strike.

In my last Gorefiend HC kill (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=22) I did less than half the Obliterate's Allexis did.

I'd also recommend Defile for Gorefiend, He doesn't move which allows you maximum uptime and maximum damage output as he'll take all the ticks.

Soul Reaper is a priority below 35% also (I suffer with this problem too :P)
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-07-24 at 09:48 AM.

Never liked Soul Reapers design, feels odds. I much rather have an Execute like ability like Warriors have.. It is fun in PvP though, as you can pop it on them at like 50% hp before you start nuking them. But in PvE it just feels odd, and a pain in the ass to always have a rune ready for when it comes of CD again.

Oh, and I guess I am old school, I keep spamming Horn when low on Runic Power.. : /

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Never liked Soul Reapers design, feels odds. I much rather have an Execute like ability like Warriors have.. It is fun in PvP though, as you can pop it on them at like 50% hp before you start nuking them. But in PvE it just feels odd, and a pain in the ass to always have a rune ready for when it comes of CD again.

Oh, and I guess I am old school, I keep spamming Horn when low on Runic Power.. : /
    Yeah, I kept spamming Horn at the start of the expansion.