... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elevyn View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stino/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs:1. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=15
    2. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...159&target=166
    3. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=11
    4. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...latest/#boss=0
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): In the second linked log we were having a look at his necro plague uptime, but were really confused by the amount of time it spent at 1 stack after reaching 15. Is this a warcraft logs error, or is he actually doing something weird? In the other two they're just two of his logs for example, though his dps is around 30th percentile on most fights. The fourth link is just to his general logs page so you can pick and choose fights at will. What is he doing wrong? What can he improve on? Thanks for your time and help
    As Clayney0 said NP isn't really the best for reaver, however, if your having trouble killing the bombs it can be quite nice.
    Here is a trinket guide that he might find useful, it was written by Valithyria on the DK Forums

You want to have the following trinkets: Discordant Chorus, Reaper's Harvest, Unending Hunger, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows.

Generally speaking you want to use Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows for ST/cleave fights, and Unending Hunger + X for AoE fights (X depending on your circumstances, but mainly Reaper's Harvest or Vial, sometimes DC) .

Hellfire Assault: Unending Hunger, Discordant Chorus, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows are all nice.
    Iron Reaver: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Kormrok: Unending Hunger + Discordant Chorus (or Reaper's Harvest if you contribute most of the damage to the hands)
    Kilrogg: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Hellfire High Council: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest (or Vial of Convulsive Shadows if playing Breath)
    Gorefiend: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest

Iskar: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Socrethar: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Tyrant Velhari: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows

Fel Lord Zakuun: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Xhul'horac: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Discordant Chorus
    Mannoroth: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Archimonde: Unending Hunger/Vial + Reaper's Harvest (on mythic, for heroic Unending Hunger + Vial with BoS)

Reaper's Harvest is dispensable on all of these fights except Council if your raid has lots of burst AoE - it's only a solid gain if Wandering Plague is ~9% of your damage.

Going through the logs in a bit more detail:

Reaver:
    * Seems to be running Reapers Harvest (Class trinket) and Pebble? Reapers harvest is TERRIBLE for single target, worse than even the leech/speed/avoidance trinket. He seems to also have a UeH and should be using this and possibly a vial if he has one instead.
    * Could have gotten a few more soul reapers.
    * Cast Icy Touch quite a bit, not really sure why, Maybe trying to get extra damage on the boss during blitz?

Kormrok
    * Still running reapers, not the greatest, but not quite as bad as on reaver.
    * More Icy Touches and some Death Strikes. Not sure if he was using them to save himself or not.
    * More soul reapers.

Gorefiend:
    * Guessing he is your soul breaker? Seems like you have quite a few assigned to it so he won't blow up the meters.
    * He loves him some icy touches, not really a point in casting it.
    * 40 horn of winter casts, it not longer gives RP.

Mostly he just needs to learn what trinkets to use when. On Gorefiend he's not going to really destroy the meters unless he does almost all the soul damage or goes full on BoS play style for massive feast of souls damage. Random icy-touches are bas and are hurting him some also. Learning BoS playstyle is important and will help him on future bosses.

One other thing I only recently learned, if you have UeH procced you can spam glpyhed death grip into the boss to make it stack quicker.

I don't have Vial, what would you suggest as UH ST trinkets? Got the HC version of all the trinkets except Pebble (Should I get that? Passed on it last week), none warforged or socketed.

*Edit*
    Nevermind, didn't see you linked to the page with the trinket thread. They suggested EDH there
    Last edited by Noxina; 2015-10-07 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Thanks for your input guys, especially you Leny for being so detailed. I'm going to have a talk with him about the points you raised and show him this thread and hopefully he can put some effort into improving

Hey guys looking for some assistance in analyzing what happened in a particular death knight pve dps video. The video is of Verestrasz a death knight in the guild Paragon. This is a link to his twitch stream with the video I'll be referring to in this post. www twitch tv/febreesa/v/19249293 (I removed the . after www and after twitch) . At 02:31:56 on mythic tyrant he uses festering strike however in the video you can see that he only has 1 frost rune available, both of his blood runes are already on CD (yet one of them resets its cool down when he cast the festering strike), and neither of his unholy runes are death runes at the time. Now please correct me if I'm wrong but the only ways in Unholy to generate runes are with blood tap, plague leech, and empowering rune weapon. Plague leech and ERW are both off CD when he cast the festering strike in question and he only has 4 charges of blood tap so he is unable to blood tap. This is a link to the replay on warcraft logs of this fight www warcraftlogs com/reports/fxJHk18tbacz6rC2#fight=61&view=replay (I removed the . after www and after warcraftlogs) the festering strike happens at 1:05 in the replay. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how he is able to festering strike here I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any help in analyzing this would be much appreciated.

Those of you looking to increase your DPS as an Unholy DK I would recommend watching this guys replays and analyzing his logs because he is one of the best dks in the world if not the best.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    He uses a fester at around 02:31:54 that hit non-crit for ~20k or whatever. Around 02:31:56, what you're seeing are the multistrikes - one crit, one non-crit.
    Watch closely, he had the runes for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathocycle View Post
    He uses a fester at around 02:31:54 that hit non-crit for ~20k or whatever. Around 02:31:56, what you're seeing are the multistrikes - one crit, one non-crit.
    Watch closely, he had the runes for it.
    Hey Pathocycle, thanks for your response. You are correct he does indeed fester at 02:31:54 however, he festers again right after that at 02:31:55-56. You can see it in the video that his blood rune recharge resets and that the dots on his target jump from 28 seconds to 35 right before he changes targets. It's also in the warcraft logs replay that you can see he festers twice.

Thanks for your help though still trying to figure this out but I have been unsuccessful so far.

Deleted
    His runeframe bugged out. He had the blood_death rune on the left ready. Notice how both of his runes start recharging at that point (just before he festers again). That's not supposed to happen.
    Last edited by mmocf111fc0d5c; 2015-10-10 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Hey guys

I was wondering if any of you hardcore Death Knights would be so kind as to take a quick glance over my guilds 2 Death Knights. I've been looking over them and from what i can see, with my limited DK knowledge, there seems to be a huge gap between their NP damage and other Death Knights NP damage. Other than that i can't seem to come up with what might be the reason for their slightly lower dps. What could be the reason for their NP to tick for a much lower amount than some other DK's and is there anything else in particular you can spot, which might be improved on?

Thanks in advance, it's much appreciated!

Logs:

www warcraftlogs.com/reports/MYkXxnypgGCNzD2Q#fight=20&type=casts&source=13

//Hawknaut

Quote Originally Posted by hawknaut View Post
    Hey guys

I was wondering if any of you hardcore Death Knights would be so kind as to take a quick glance over my guilds 2 Death Knights. I've been looking over them and from what i can see, with my limited DK knowledge, there seems to be a huge gap between their NP damage and other Death Knights NP damage. Other than that i can't seem to come up with what might be the reason for their slightly lower dps. What could be the reason for their NP to tick for a much lower amount than some other DK's and is there anything else in particular you can spot, which might be improved on?

Thanks in advance, it's much appreciated!

Logs:

www warcraftlogs.com/reports/MYkXxnypgGCNzD2Q#fight=20&type=casts&source=13

//Hawknaut
    I think this should answer it:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=15&target=207

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=13&target=207

One of them's helping clear Jubei's Mirror Images and the other one's just standing there like a potato.
    Last edited by Lunatari; 2015-10-11 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Ah yes i see. On the replay you can see that he is in fact just standing around derping on Dia.

Is there anything else you observe as a problem? Not only on Council, but as in general dps/ability performance.

Thanks a lot :-)

Sorry I haven't really delved too deep into their logs, the DK doing nothing seems fine otherwise on that fight. Is there a specific fight where you have concerns?

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Deleted
    Well it's pretty much just in general they seem to be underperforming.

Take this for example: www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/MYkXxnypgGCNzD2Q#fight=16&view=rankings

I'd just like to know where they generally need to improve. Doesn't neccesarily need to be on certain fights, but just in general. Lets say lifting them over 50% ranks would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by hawknaut View Post
    Well it's pretty much just in general they seem to be underperforming.

Take this for example: www .warcraftlogs.com/reports/MYkXxnypgGCNzD2Q#fight=16&view=rankings

I'd just like to know where they generally need to improve. Doesn't neccesarily need to be on certain fights, but just in general. Lets say lifting them over 50% ranks would be nice.
    Have them read this trinket guide written by Valithyria on the DK Forums

You want to have the following trinkets: Discordant Chorus, Reaper's Harvest, Unending Hunger, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows.

Generally speaking you want to use Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows for ST/cleave fights, and Unending Hunger + X for AoE fights (X depending on your circumstances, but mainly Reaper's Harvest or Vial, sometimes DC) .

Hellfire Assault: Unending Hunger, Discordant Chorus, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows are all nice.
    Iron Reaver: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Kormrok: Unending Hunger + Discordant Chorus (or Reaper's Harvest if you contribute most of the damage to the hands)
    Kilrogg: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Hellfire High Council: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest (or Vial of Convulsive Shadows if playing Breath)
    Gorefiend: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest

Iskar: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Socrethar: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Tyrant Velhari: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows

Fel Lord Zakuun: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Xhul'horac: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Discordant Chorus
    Mannoroth: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Archimonde: Unending Hunger/Vial + Reaper's Harvest (on mythic, for heroic Unending Hunger + Vial with BoS)

Reaper's Harvest is dispensable on all of these fights except Council if your raid has lots of burst AoE - it's only a solid gain if Wandering Plague is ~9% of your damage.
    They seem to be devalueing UeH by a huge amount and avoiding it like the plague.

Have them read Skullflower's Guide.

As for Kormrok it can be hard to burst the hands better than other classes once your groups gear gets higher, expecially if you have a warrior. They seem to also be missing ERW usages on some bosses. Dipsy is spamming FS too much, Deko has better usage but failings in other areas.

Both would get a large benefit of reading the guide and setting up WA/TMWs for there cool downs. Have them use the Compact runes festering strikes tracker (or use a WA for it) to make sure they don't over FS. Have them practice in heroic with breath and necroblight, and breath will be a gain on many bosses.

Rather than go with a standard route of asking to inspect logs, I figure it would be better to play a video on how I'm doing BoS openers and I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on how to open better.

http://www.twitch.tv/avalonz928/v/20460625

I'd like to add that I know I didn't activate Gargoylm, DT, Ring at bad time and pet on passive but did I get the basic BoS RP management down correctly? Thanks!
    Last edited by Coldvibes; 2015-10-13 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Rather than go with a standard route of asking to inspect logs, I figure it would be better to play a video on how I'm doing BoS openers and I was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on how to open better.

http://www.twitch.tv/avalonz928/v/20460625

I'd like to add that I know I didn't activate Gargoyle and DT, but did I get the basic idea down correctly? Thanks!
    Your pet was also on passive. It also looks like you popped the ring pre-pull, this is bad. Your going to want to pop it on the pull or even 1-2 secs after the pull (if you get to control the ring) as popping it pre-pull just makes the entire raid (and yourself) lose dps.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    Your pet was also on passive. It also looks like you popped the ring pre-pull, this is bad. Your going to want to pop it on the pull or even 1-2 secs after the pull (if you get to control the ring) as popping it pre-pull just makes the entire raid (and yourself) lose dps.

Hmm I guess I forgot to address those too, basically I wanted to display an ideal setup disregarding external factors a video that was purely about BoS uptime maintenance, my mistake.

How was the uptime maintenance though? I'm just trying to ease into learning BoS by doing 1 step at a time, I appreciate the feedback though.

Hi guys, this is my DK http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dread/advanced
    I am having issues doing comparably DPS as i see on youtube of players in lesser gear. I only have access to baleful and LFR gear. I am trying maximise my stats with multi/mastery. I only use my DK for mount farms in Mogu vaults and Jikun (extended lockout sceme). I have no logs no thing but my dps is generally 20k, sometimes 17-20k last I saw on recount after the dps checks in MoguV.

Am I gearing out bad?
    Is full multi/mastery bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Hi guys, this is my DK http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dread/advanced
    I am having issues doing comparably DPS as i see on youtube of players in lesser gear. I only have access to baleful and LFR gear. I am trying maximise my stats with multi/mastery. I only use my DK for mount farms in Mogu vaults and Jikun (extended lockout sceme). I have no logs no thing but my dps is generally 20k, sometimes 17-20k last I saw on recount after the dps checks in MoguV.

Am I gearing out bad?
    Is full multi/mastery bad?

You're logged out as Blood.

Multi>Mastery for Unholy.

Without logs it's difficult to pinpoint any faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    You're logged out as Blood.

Multi>Mastery for Unholy.

Without logs it's difficult to pinpoint any faults.
    What about for blood? Because I get rekt quick as unholy but i outlived as blood

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Hmm I guess I forgot to address those too, basically I wanted to display an ideal setup disregarding external factors a video that was purely about BoS uptime maintenance, my mistake.

How was the uptime maintenance though? I'm just trying to ease into learning BoS by doing 1 step at a time, I appreciate the feedback though.
    They main thing though is that the ring is so essential to having breath work and with you popping it so early it's actually more important to address that than any other rotation problems.

Take the video you linked, when your 5secs into your breath the ring goes off. Your losing massive damage on the majority of your breath and also reducing the damage of the explosion by a drastic amount.

As for actually consuming the runes you seemed to do fine, but you could have activated breath one second sooner instead of using the death coil proc. I checked some of your other vods for it, I at least found it to be a bit better to BoS after 2x fester and 2x scourge strike (80rp) but your results may vary.

Basically if your getting ~20 seconds with your breath your going to do fine, as long as you can line your ring up with it.