Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaallan View Post
    Unfortunately I cant post links, so I did the best I could.

Armory: Restaallan Gnomeregan
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: MMO Champion won't let me post them yet -_- They can be found on warcraft logs though
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): So, the problem i run into is we have downed heroic archimonde, and are starting our way into mythic. I came into the guild kind of late, so I figured for a while I wouldnt have touched any of the dps sitting at the top 10 of our group. After our first kill of Hellfire Assault, I still found myself at the bottom, even with a 4 pc set and the class trinket (as i just recently found out is awful). Besides maybe changing my enchant choice, I really don't know what Im doing wrong. Please, without saying alt F4 is my best choice, be critical. It's really starting to frustrate me.
    I took a look at both your Mannaroth and your Assault logs, as you seem to have only tanked Archie on H.
    Mannaroth:
    * Your spamming way too many festering strikes, this will drastically drop your dps as you could have used scourge strikes in there place.
    * You only used Unholy Blight 3 times, possibly why you spammed so many festering strikes?
    * Dark Transformation uptime was decent, could still get a bit more, make sure you store some RP away for it.
    * As you mention, the class trinket is kinda meh at best on most fights. EDH is also not the best choice for Unholy, with UeH/Vial usually being our go to trinkets.
    * Probably use multistrike food instead.
    * Possibly could have gotten some more soul reapers, but it's hard to tell.

Hellfire Assault:
    * Cast defile once. Big no-no, also it appears that you are having adds up for most of the fight with little downtime, so may want to take necrotic plague.
    * Your dark transformation uptime is quite low.
    * Looks like you had to run boxes, that will hurt your dps quite a bit.
    * Still way more festering strikes than you should of had, also, it seems you plague striked almost every mob, would have been better to spread your diseases with a blood boil.
    * Can get some nice AMS soaks on this fight, take advantage of them.

I do want to note one thing though, you might still be dong better than your other guilds dk, as for some reason on Mannaroth he chose to spam icy touch like it was going out of style, that's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    I took a look at both your Mannaroth and your Assault logs, as you seem to have only tanked Archie on H.
    Mannaroth:
    * Your spamming way too many festering strikes, this will drastically drop your dps as you could have used scourge strikes in there place.
    * You only used Unholy Blight 3 times, possibly why you spammed so many festering strikes?
    * Dark Transformation uptime was decent, could still get a bit more, make sure you store some RP away for it.
    * As you mention, the class trinket is kinda meh at best on most fights. EDH is also not the best choice for Unholy, with UeH/Vial usually being our go to trinkets.
    * Probably use multistrike food instead.
    * Possibly could have gotten some more soul reapers, but it's hard to tell.

Hellfire Assault:
    * Cast defile once. Big no-no, also it appears that you are having adds up for most of the fight with little downtime, so may want to take necrotic plague.
    * Your dark transformation uptime is quite low.
    * Looks like you had to run boxes, that will hurt your dps quite a bit.
    * Still way more festering strikes than you should of had, also, it seems you plague striked almost every mob, would have been better to spread your diseases with a blood boil.
    * Can get some nice AMS soaks on this fight, take advantage of them.

I do want to note one thing though, you might still be dong better than your other guilds dk, as for some reason on Mannaroth he chose to spam icy touch like it was going out of style, that's pretty bad.
    Thanks for the breakdown, I'm sure this will help a ton. Being below even the tanks is for lack of a better word frustrating. Thanks again for the help

Deleted
    Hello, fellow deathknights, and the Heroes of Azeroth! I am currently 4/13M, and trying to get more. As stated in title, I am playing an Unholy DK. Although nobody in my guild bothers me about it, I feel that I could push my numbers higher. Could you please help me achieve that? Here are some of my logs: warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/1579115/latest
    What is more I am in charge of using legendary ring, when our enh shammy is absent. Could you specify when exactly ring should be used on specific fights? I get it more or less, but sometimes I feel that I don't use it optimally.
    My third request is to help me a bit with my trinkets when I use BoS. I have an access to: HC UeH; HC cleave; HC class trinket; MC pebble; and alchemy 715 stone of elements. I am currently using UeH + Cleave for BoS, but sometimes wonder if UeH + Stone of Elements wouldn't do better. I cannot evaluate them myself, as I'm unable to maintain constant good rotation with BoS yet(still learning )
    Thanks to everyone for any advice! See You round in Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    spamming way too many festering strikes, this will drastically drop your dps as you could have used scourge strikes in there place.
    Quick question about this:
    How important is it to have your NP fall off exactly as UB comes off CD? I've been extending NP a bit extra if imps are about to spawn so they can get a tick or 2 of 15 stack NP. Or even if I have a proc and I don't necessarily need to extend NP, imps will spawn soon, I'll still FS just so I have death runes for BB spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Quick question about this:
    How important is it to have your NP fall off exactly as UB comes off CD? I've been extending NP a bit extra if imps are about to spawn so they can get a tick or 2 of 15 stack NP. Or even if I have a proc and I don't necessarily need to extend NP, imps will spawn soon, I'll still FS just so I have death runes for BB spam.
    It's not important at all to use UB as fast off CD as possible.
    As you said, if NP is about to run out, and stuff spawns in 10sec, just extend it until they die. I'll always make sure that I have the least amount of targets possible to avoid damage loss before I re-apply NP with UB.

Deleted
    Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/character/t...lstrom/Dexiin/
    Spec:Unholy NecroBlight
    World of Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): So me and my guild is progressing Archimonde mythic and I havent been playing dk for that long(2 months)so I dont feel very comfortable with the amount of damage I'm doing. I'm mainly comparing myself to the other dk in my group wich do have a ring of 24 ilvl higher than mine and a lot more multistrike. I have access to mythic pebble and hc EDH in case you think those would be better.

One final question would be, is it worth ever dropping NP or should I simply forget SS and just extend it on archi? Seems like there is always something to spread it on and those targets needs to die asap.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfang/advanced
    Spec: Unholy Bos, same set up for a few where NP is used
    World of Logs: omitting since I missed a few raids since I got the flu (but also have gotten 4-set and Unending hunger since current logs
    Question: I sim my toon every piece of gear I've replaced, my haste rating with my gear options in bag are lacking in haste I guess... I'm not sure. Through comparing several logs and armories of other Unholy's it seems I'm very close to the average haste rating on theirs. My stats come in this priority for me- Strength-Multi-Mastery-Haste-Vers-Crit.
    I am Really unsure about haste, or rather if there should be a better stat overall. I don't like equipping items with a socket that are 5 ilvls lower than one I have because it has a bit of haste-taking me from 898 haste to 1067 haste. I also use the addon Stat Weight Score to use in game with updated stat weights.
    Is there a certain average haste rating that Simming is looking for to have rune regen be quicker? ? Or should I not worry about haste as much and i'll just get more later from gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrorfang View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfang/advanced
    Spec: Unholy Bos, same set up for a few where NP is used
    World of Logs: omitting since I missed a few raids since I got the flu (but also have gotten 4-set and Unending hunger since current logs
    Question: I sim my toon every piece of gear I've replaced, my haste rating with my gear options in bag are lacking in haste I guess... I'm not sure. Through comparing several logs and armories of other Unholy's it seems I'm very close to the average haste rating on theirs. My stats come in this priority for me- Strength-Multi-Mastery-Haste-Vers-Crit.
    I am Really unsure about haste, or rather if there should be a better stat overall. I don't like equipping items with a socket that are 5 ilvls lower than one I have because it has a bit of haste-taking me from 898 haste to 1067 haste. I also use the addon Stat Weight Score to use in game with updated stat weights.
    Is there a certain average haste rating that Simming is looking for to have rune regen be quicker? ? Or should I not worry about haste as much and i'll just get more later from gear?
    With Plague Leech and AMS soaking the value of haste is diminished.

I'm sitting on 1,024 haste at 727 ilvl.

Some haste isn't bad but if you have to choose between Multi and Mastery or haste, go for Multi and Mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-11-05 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    With Plague Leech and AMS soaking the value of haste is diminished.

I'm sitting on 1,024 haste at 727 ilvl.

Some haste isn't bad but if you have to choose between Multi and Mastery or haste, go for Multi and Mastery.
    Thank you, I was really wondering for awhile. I know I've heard that due to Plague Leech and AMS soaking , haste is lesser of a thing.. but I guess I just completely forgot about it.
    Last edited by Horrorfang; 2015-11-06 at 12:07 AM. Reason: wanted it to look right

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxsek/advanced
    Spec: DW Frost
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): HELP DPS PLS TY

Recently hopped on my DK to play out the expansion (and into legion!) and having a great time playing DW Frost, would love to know what I can do to play better, spec better, etc. Gear I'm wearing is all I have, no other trinkets etc.

Linked a heroic Archi log from a guild I killed it with, this is a great example of a fight I'd like to be able to perform better on.

Any help appreciated!

Edit: Also, struggling with the most optimized opener with the ring. Is there a particular opener I should be using?
    Last edited by Sekk; 2015-11-08 at 08:44 AM. Reason: edited for opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekk View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxsek/advanced
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): HELP DPS PLS TY

Recently hopped on my DK to play out the expansion (and into legion!) and having a great time playing DW Frost, would love to know what I can do to play better, spec better, etc. Gear I'm wearing is all I have, no other trinkets etc.

Linked a heroic Archi log from a guild I killed it with, this is a great example of a fight I'd like to be able to perform better on.

Any help appreciated!

Edit: Also, struggling with the most optimized opener with the ring. Is there a particular opener I should be using?

Defile will do better than necrotic plague since you have EDH(defile stacks edh really fast).

Not gonna write the opener just gonna link "summonstone"

http://onuraslan.github.io/SummonSto...tml#dwrotation

and scroll down to defile opener

Armory: Agothar - Frostmane
    Spec: Frost
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QaJ14tW2VrGAgbhC

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin with this. First off, I'm not the DK. I'm the guild's dps officer. Agothar is simming for 60k but he can never break 50k on a single target fight. I tried comparing him with similarly geared DKs and they have same amount of abilities cast. I know nothing about DKs. Can anyone that knows what to look for tell me if they see anything wrong with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Videsh View Post
    Armory: Agothar - Frostmane
    World of Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QaJ14tW2VrGAgbhC

Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Honestly, I'm not sure where to begin with this. First off, I'm not the DK. I'm the guild's dps officer. Agothar is simming for 60k but he can never break 50k on a single target fight. I tried comparing him with similarly geared DKs and they have same amount of abilities cast. I know nothing about DKs. Can anyone that knows what to look for tell me if they see anything wrong with him?
    Gear:
    • UeH is really bad for Frost as crit is basically worthless. He wants the DC as his second trinket along with EDH.
    • Belt/Ring are kinda meh he wants the trash drop belt, and the killrog ring.
    • Weapons are the most important thing gear wise for a frost DK, and currently the IL on his are not doing him any favors.

Gameplay wise:
    • He seems to be over capping his blood charges a lot might want to switch to RC if he can't handle blood tap correctly.
    • On the mannaroth pull he cast 0 plague leeches, he should be casting this ~every 30 secs.
    • He could have gotten WAY more soul reapers.
    • Only one AMS cast, he should be using this way more to soak "free" rp from magic damage. He will want Glyph of Regenative Magic to get more use out of it.
    • He should be using defile now that he has EDH. He seems to already be using quite a few DnDs (shouldn't really be but eh) so it won't change his rotation much.
    • He's not really AoEing the imps all that much. He should grip them together and then spam HB for easy AoE damage.
    • It's somewhat hard to tell from logs, but I don't think he is really pooling RP for KM/4piece procs.
    • No outbreak casts, not major, but something he will want to do when he uses PL.

Deleted
    Good morning boys and girls..

I have iLvl 723 and should make way more DMG in our mythic fights, but instead i am a little bit over my tanks :-/ I read lots off guides, i looking lots of YT Vids.. but nothing helps... I'm the only Raid DK in my guild, so i have nobody to talk about skills, or trinkets, or my low DPS for the bosses..

It is 2:22 in the morning and i'm sitting here, confused as fuck and found this thread..
    Maybe here are some DK fellas, helping me to push my dps compared to my equip...

Armory
    eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/kiljaeden/Bendor/advanced
    World of Logs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/cYHQdD6thmBF1Xw4 <--- here are the logs from thursday. (at gorefiend i'm not spreading my diseases, because other member killing the people)
    Spec
    Unholy

so... Good night, good fight...
    i'm going 2 bed and dream above 20k more dps :-/

thx 4 ur help.. Bendor

p.s. i can't post links because i have to few post
    Last edited by mmoc2e53f9187a; 2015-11-15 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendor View Post
    Good morning boys and girls..

I have iLvl 723 and should make way more DMG in our mythic fights, but instead i am a little bit over my tanks :-/ I read lots off guides, i looking lots of YT Vids.. but nothing helps... I'm the only Raid DK in my guild, so i have nobody to talk about skills, or trinkets, or my low DPS for the bosses..

It is 2:22 in the morning and i'm sitting here, confused as fuck and found this thread..
    Maybe here are some DK fellas, helping me to push my dps compared to my equip...

Armory
    eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/kiljaeden/Bendor/advanced
    World of Logs
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/cYHQdD6thmBF1Xw4 <--- here are the logs from thursday. (at gorefiend i'm not spreading my diseases, because other member killing the people)
    Spec
    Unholy

so... Good night, good fight...
    i'm going 2 bed and dream above 20k more dps :-/

thx 4 ur help.. Bendor

p.s. i can't post links because i have to few post
    Gear:
    You seem to be using reapers harvest on quite a few boss fights, including Iron Reaver, a single target fight.
    This is bad.
    If wandering plague is not ~10% of your damage or more you should NOT EQUIP IT, as it will be a dps loss. From a quick glance through it appears you have a EDH, Vial, DC, and RH. Your going to want to try and pick up a UeH from Gorefiend as currently it is quite strong.*

Glyphs/Talents:
    Your going to want to swap glyph of Anti-Magic Shell to Glyph of Regenerative Magic. Will allow you to soak more thing for RP, being a nice DPS gain.

For ST boss fights, and Gorefiend because you are not doing the souls, your going to want to use BoS/PL instead of NP/UB. It will take some time getting used to the new opener and making sure you build up resources for the next breath usage but if you get it down it will be a noticeable dps gain over NP for st fights. With BoS trinket wise your going to want to use Vial of Convulsive Shadow and Unending Hunger.

From a quick glance through the logs it seems like your improperly using Blood Tap, sitting at max stacks for 30secs or more on some fights. I'd suggest switching to Runic Corruption, it is a dps loss from properly played Blood Tap but it's still very close and will help you out quite a bit as you seem to be struggling with BT management.

I also noticed even we are you playing NP/UB you don't seem to extending to it or playing it properly. The idea is you want to stack it up to 15 using UB on the pull, then cast 10 festering strikes to extend it to the next UB so you can keep it at 15 stacks as long as possible.

Fight by fight:

Hellfire Assault:
    • Probably not best to run RH here as your group seems to end up with downtime, fel cleave likely would have been better.
    • Overall fine, besides blood tap, it's hard to rank highly on assault unless you are on the left side and you don't get downtime (My guild is getting like two 30 sec gaps, so not much of a chance to rank)

Iron Reaver:
    • Once again, RH.
    • BoS tends to be better for this fight, and you can ever start with 100 RP via soaking the cannons with AMS pre-pull.
    • No Death's Advance casts, seems odd considering you will be running around getting bombs in both phases, you also got artillary so could have used it to get back to the bombs quickly.
    • Maybe a bit more soul reaper usage, hard to tell boss % from logs but seems low.
    • Lowish Dark Transformation uptime, pool RP for this.

Kormrok:
    • Basically same as above for Reaver, except NP can be really good on this fight.
    • Death's Advance is really important on this fight, considering your having to soak a certain spot.
    • Lowish Dark Transformation uptime, pool RP for this.

High Council:
    • Your going to want to try and multi dot all three bosses, depending on range to dia this might not be possible.
    • RH can be very good on this boss, but it seems you miss some NP uptime and don't spread it quickly to all the mirror images. With AMS, DA, and IBF we can run around and have NP ticking on every image. I usually BB my stacked up NP to Dia right before images start, and then BB off from her onto the images.
    • Need way more Soul reaper casts.

Killrog Deadeye:
    • Missed SR casts
    • Missed a UB cast, seems like you just let it drop off them build up slowly.
    • 87% uptime on NP, really really low. Should use breath anyway.
    • Same as above for the rest of it.

Gorefiend:
    • Should be doing souls but if your guild is against it use BoS, will do insane damage during feasts.
    • Even with just dpsing Gorefiend with NP, your uptime on him himself was low, under 80%. If your going to get sent in make sure you try and extend NP to last until you get back out.
    • Missed a ERW cast, could have gotten two.
    • Lots of plague strike casts. You should almost never have to cast PS with NP because outbreak will be back up when it's dropping off. Seems to be on most bosses, but way more on Gorefiend.

Iskar:
    • Soul Reaper Usage.
    • You can Dark Sim the Riposte for a nice dps gain.
    • Hard to tell if you did or not, but make sure you get the 15 stack of NP carried over to the Resonance. Also extend it quite a bit to make sure it will last through the entire air phase.
    • Almost no BB casts, this is a major part of our AoE damage and can destroy the adds. You do have a lot of AoE dps so it may be hard to compete with them.

Overall that should give you some things to work on and look it. I'd suggest you go read or re-read Skullflower's UH DK and check some of the other discussion on the forums. Also take a look at this trinket chart I've posted around a few times:

You want to have the following trinkets: Discordant Chorus, Reaper's Harvest, Unending Hunger, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows.

Generally speaking you want to use Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows for ST/cleave fights, and Unending Hunger + X for AoE fights (X depending on your circumstances, but mainly Reaper's Harvest or Vial, sometimes DC) .

Hellfire Assault: Unending Hunger, Discordant Chorus, and Vial of Convulsive Shadows are all nice.
    Iron Reaver: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Kormrok: Unending Hunger + Discordant Chorus (or Reaper's Harvest if you contribute most of the damage to the hands)
    Kilrogg: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Hellfire High Council: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest (or Vial of Convulsive Shadows if playing Breath)
    Gorefiend: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest

Iskar: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Socrethar: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Tyrant Velhari: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows

Fel Lord Zakuun: Unending Hunger + Vial of Convulsive Shadows
    Xhul'horac: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Discordant Chorus
    Mannoroth: Unending Hunger + Reaper's Harvest/Vial
    Archimonde: Unending Hunger/Vial + Reaper's Harvest (on mythic, for heroic Unending Hunger + Vial with BoS)

Reaper's Harvest is dispensable on all of these fights except Council if your raid has lots of burst AoE - it's only a solid gain if Wandering Plague is ~9% of your damage.
    or for much faster kills/near bis gear and perfect play this one from FNX-
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I wrote about this awhile ago, I would update it now tho after kill speeds etc has changed.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post36258306

How the NEW one would look for me:
    Iron Reaver: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Kormrok: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Council: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Kilrogg: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Gorefiend: NP / Class + Hunger (If you are to dps souls)
    Iskar: NP / Cleave + Hunger
    Fel Lord: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Xhul: NP / Cleave + Hunger
    Soc: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Tyrant: BoS / Vial + Hunger
    Mannoroth: NP / Cleave + Hunger
    Archi: BoS / Vial + Hunger

*(Note with 6.2.3 and the nerf to UeH DG stacking this may not be as good, but it's still somewhat up in the air atm on what will be the "best" trinkets so it's at least worth getting)
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2015-11-15 at 10:19 PM.

Armory: battle (dot) net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Scharlotte/simple
    Spec: BoS unholy
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs (Dot) com/reports/Nv6Hmp2Zfk9t3Cgn#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=445
    Question: I feel as though I should be pulling a lot more sustained dps, after the initial burst I drop for 140k to 70k-85k, I'm not quite sure if i'm not keeping BoS up long enough ( I usually make it past the duration of the ring) or if i'm messing up my rotation in between BoS+ring.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated I just feel like with 721 ilvl I should be doing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by antisphere06 View Post
    Armory: battle (dot) net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Scharlotte/simple
    Spec: BoS unholy
    World of Logs: warcraftlogs (Dot) com/reports/Nv6Hmp2Zfk9t3Cgn#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=445
    Question: I feel as though I should be pulling a lot more sustained dps, after the initial burst I drop for 140k to 70k-85k, I'm not quite sure if i'm not keeping BoS up long enough ( I usually make it past the duration of the ring) or if i'm messing up my rotation in between BoS+ring.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated I just feel like with 721 ilvl I should be doing a lot more.
    At least from the logs you linked (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done) your breaths besides the opener seemed to be fine at the first one seemed to do rather pitiful damage. Maybe you where facing the incorrect direction? (OR this might just be your somewhat low il ring and I'm most used to looking at logs with a higher il one but eh)

Rotation wise, your casting way WAY too many festering strikes. When playing breath, all death runes should be used for Scourge Strike OR Blood Boil if there is some aoe/cleave (like on Xhul). You also do seem to be soul reaping that much, you can get a lot of early ones on the demon add and then ominous.

That being said, I think UB/NP will beat out breath on Xhul in most situations, only really losing if you have insane aoe in the group so every add dies instantly, or you have crazy fast kill times. (like ~2mins) I dug up a old (kinda meh) log with a similar kill time and IL of mine using NP to give you a comparison.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...on/Milq/simple
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HTdAG9#boss=-2
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I am usually tanking in our guild's second (casual) team, but I am thinking about changing to MS DPS. The logs presented are a semi-pug alt run I participated, with the last few bosses as tank. In general I'd like to know if I'm making any grave mistakes with priorities or rotation, what should I pay more attention to. Also I have specific trouble timing PL when using NP. Is it of any concern to keep NP at 15 stacks and use PL only when stacks are low?

Quote Originally Posted by Milq View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...on/Milq/simple
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...HTdAG9#boss=-2
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I am usually tanking in our guild's second (casual) team, but I am thinking about changing to MS DPS. The logs presented are a semi-pug alt run I participated, with the last few bosses as tank. In general I'd like to know if I'm making any grave mistakes with priorities or rotation, what should I pay more attention to. Also I have specific trouble timing PL when using NP. Is it of any concern to keep NP at 15 stacks and use PL only when stacks are low?
    Just PL on cool down for the most part with NP, unless waiting >3secs would be better timing for it.

As for mistakes:
    • No Empowered Rune Weapon Casts, guessing you just forgot to put it on your bar.
    • Sketchy Plague Leech casts, some times you got most of them, some times none.
    • Missed some Defile casts also. also when using it take advantage of outbreak more.
    • Somewhat low Soul Reaper usage.
    • Not that much AMS usage, as frost getting good AMS soaks can be a large dps boost as a large majority of our damage is from frost strike.

I skimmed over some things and didin't look too deeply at the logs, but this should give you some ideas. I always suggest taking a look at Skullflower's DK guide. (a bit dated but still great info)
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2015-12-03 at 08:30 AM.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illiamz/simple
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...234361/latest/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): This is not for myself but our Frost DK in our guild. For his gear we feel he is pulling really low numbers compared to what he should be. If someone could just give me a general run down on if he is doing anything wrong that would be fantastic. Thank you.