Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisello View Post

The trinkets i have access to is, MWarforged Pebble, MWarforged Discorant Chorus, Heroic EDH and Heroic Class trinket, sadly no option to get Unending Hunger unless it drops from a mythic cache since we're skipping lower wing now.

Is the lack of dmg mainly coming from bad NP up time? if so what can i do to improve it?
    Am i using the wrong trinkets for the fights?
    Should i be playing with Breath of Sindragosa for some fights?
    Am i using AMS wrong/too seldom?

The fights I mainly want help with is Xhul'Horac and Mannoroth, since we're still struggling with those quite little bit, but any advise would be helpful. On Mannoroth you might see some funky AMS timings but that is because i'm trying to prevent the Demon Lords from spawning
    Trinket wise your going to want to either convince your team to go kill gorefiend to get a mythic UeH or your going to want to go do heroic gorefiend for one. It's a massive gain for unholy and a trinket that I use on almost every fight.

Also, if you plan to use UH on more fights, your going to want to grab a Vial of Convulsive Shadows from Iron Maidens for ST/BoS fights. This can be replaced by a Grontooth Warhorn (the Mythic dungeon heirloom trinket) for demon fights but is still highly suggested for many fights.

As for when to use each trinket/talent and on what boss, I posted a trinket list a few pages ago but here is updated one:

Iron Reaver: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Kormrok: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Council: NP, UeH/DC, or BoS, UeH/Vial
    Killrog: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Gorefiend: NP, UeH/Class, or BoS, UeH/Vial
    Iskar: NP, UeH/DC
    Socrathar: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Tyrant: BoS, UeH/Vial, I've seen good results with Grontooth also.
    Zakuun: BoS, UeH/Vial, same as Tyrant about Grontooth.
    Xhul: NP, UeH/DC
    Manno: NP, UeH/Grontooth, DC can also work but I've found it to be a bit worse. BoS, UeH/Vial, depends on AoE/Kill Speed.
    Archie: NP, UeH/Grontooth, or BoS, UeH/Vial

This does also partial depend on you raid group/comp, how much AoE you have, and how fast you are killing a bosses, but these are pretty balanced choices.

Xhul - Mostly based on Jan 20th kill (your best)
    • Your running the Class trinket and Pebble, if you can't get your hands on a UeH I think you best bet would be the class trinket and your DC.
    • As you guessed, your NP uptime is a bit spotty, commonly dropping off early. This is the biggest problem I see. There is a nice addon called Compact Runes, it is a basic rune tracker with a lot of nice build in modules for DKs, including a festering strike tracker. I'll see if I can dig up a WA that does this also a bit later....
    • Your dark transformation uptime was a bit low, 74%, aim for closer to 80ish.
    • I see that your on the blackhole soaking team at least for the final phase. Unless you might be sent into earlier one, save your AMS for mid felsurge cast and if you are chosen you will immune it and make less fire for your raid.
    • Your ring hits are really REALLY low, I checked your armory and your ring isn't maxed out yet, try to do this ASAP by throwing valor into it.
    • I'm guessing your enchants/gems where still mastery for this fight? If so your going to be losing out on a lot of necrosis damage.
    • Soul Reaper Usage is a bit low, but better than a lot.

Manno - Mostly based on Feb 4th Kill
    • Again you are using the Class Trinket but this time pared with the Grontooth Warhorn. Your group as a insane amount of AoE (Warrior, Ench, Ele, Warlock, Combat Rogue...) that your damage to the imps is going to minimal so the usefulness of the class trinket is going to diminish. GET A UEH!!
    • You can Dark Sim the imps if they stay up for a while. It gives you a 400k fireball that does AoE damage so if some imps are still up you can get HUGE hits. (1.5mil is my record)
    • Your NP is still dropping off a bit early, but better than on Xhul.
    • Could get a few more SRs, doom lords are great targets for them.
    • You hardly touched the infernals, make sure you get your NP ticking on them quickly for a nice damage boost, can also be easy kills to proc the Warhorn off of.
    • Throw some DnD's down for infernals or imps.

That should cover at least some of it.

EDIT: googled around and this should be the WA for Necroblight tracking http://pastebin.com/rBxcYyrx not at my normal computer so can't test ATM
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2016-02-04 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    Trinket wise your going to want to either convince your team to go kill gorefiend to get a mythic UeH or your going to want to go do heroic gorefiend for one. It's a massive gain for unholy and a trinket that I use on almost every fight.

Also, if you plan to use UH on more fights, your going to want to grab a Vial of Convulsive Shadows from Iron Maidens for ST/BoS fights. This can be replaced by a Grontooth Warhorn (the Mythic dungeon heirloom trinket) for demon fights but is still highly suggested for many fights.

As for when to use each trinket/talent and on what boss, I posted a trinket list a few pages ago but here is updated one:

Iron Reaver: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Kormrok: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Council: NP, UeH/DC, or BoS, UeH/Vial
    Killrog: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Gorefiend: NP, UeH/Class, or BoS, UeH/Vial
    Iskar: NP, UeH/DC
    Socrathar: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Tyrant: BoS, UeH/Vial, I've seen good results with Grontooth also.
    Zakuun: BoS, UeH/Vial, same as Tyrant about Grontooth.
    Xhul: NP, UeH/DC
    Manno: NP, UeH/Grontooth, DC can also work but I've found it to be a bit worse. BoS, UeH/Vial, depends on AoE/Kill Speed.
    Archie: NP, UeH/Grontooth, or BoS, UeH/Vial

This does also partial depend on you raid group/comp, how much AoE you have, and how fast you are killing a bosses, but these are pretty balanced choices.

Xhul - Mostly based on Jan 20th kill (your best)
    Your running the Class trinket and Pebble, if you can't get your hands on a UeH I think you best bet would be the class trinket and your DC.
    As you guessed, your NP uptime is a bit spotty, commonly dropping off early. This is the biggest problem I see. There is a nice addon called Compact Runes, it is a basic rune tracker with a lot of nice build in modules for DKs, including a festering strike tracker. I'll see if I can dig up a WA that does this also a bit later....
    Your dark transformation uptime was a bit low, 74%, aim for closer to 80ish.
    I see that your on the blackhole soaking team at least for the final phase. Unless you might be sent into earlier one, save your AMS for mid felsurge cast and if you are chosen you will immune it and make less fire for your raid.
    Your ring hits are really REALLY low, I checked your armory and your ring isn't maxed out yet, try to do this ASAP by throwing valor into it.
    I'm guessing your enchants/gems where still mastery for this fight? If so your going to be losing out on a lot of necrosis damage.
    Soul Reaper Usage is a bit low, but better than a lot.

Manno - Mostly based on Feb 4th Kill
    Again you are using the Class Trinket but this time pared with the Grontooth Warhorn. Your group as a insane amount of AoE (Warrior, Ench, Ele, Warlock, Combat Rogue...) that your damage to the imps is going to minimal so the usefulness of the class trinket is going to diminish. GET A UEH!!
    You can Dark Sim the imps if they stay up for a while. It gives you a 400k fireball that does AoE damage so if some imps are still up you can get HUGE hits. (1.5mil is my record)
    Your NP is still dropping off a bit early, but better than on Xhul.
    Could get a few more SRs, doom lords are great targets for them.
    You hardly touched the infernals, make sure you get your NP ticking on them quickly for a nice damage boost, can also be easy kills to proc the Warhorn off of.
    Throw some DnD's down for infernals or imps.

That should cover at least some of it.
    Xhul
    I've started to use Class trinket+DC (i got my DC yesterday on bonus roll) i cant really decide what to swap the Class trinket for since i currently dont have the UeH. I'm going to start to do heroics every week now that i know how important it is, even the Heroic version. As for the blackholes, i'm doing solo soaking with 2 priest bubbles, but i will try to find windows where i can use AMS to get some juicy RP

Manno:
    1. Well i think i did a lot better with NP because i read up a lot on forums, having never realized how important it is to not let NP drop off, even if you can reapply it instantly with UB.. I think it did drop of once during the last transition however.

2. Thanks for the dark sim tip! Def gonna try that out since we the 2nd imp spawn in p3 is usually pretty slow, Infernals aswell, i never realized i did so low dmg on them... thanks!

3. As for the trinkets, i'm having a hard time arguing with myself with what to replace my RH, since when i try DC it never seems to do enough dmg to be worth. almost 10% of my DMG is still coming from RH, how much would it need to be worth it?

Thanks a lot for your reply, i can see that you took your time! Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Tisello View Post
    Xhul
    I've started to use Class trinket+DC (i got my DC yesterday on bonus roll) i cant really decide what to swap the Class trinket for since i currently dont have the UeH. I'm going to start to do heroics every week now that i know how important it is, even the Heroic version. As for the blackholes, i'm doing solo soaking with 2 priest bubbles, but i will try to find windows where i can use AMS to get some juicy RP

Manno:
    1. Well i think i did a lot better with NP because i read up a lot on forums, having never realized how important it is to not let NP drop off, even if you can reapply it instantly with UB.. I think it did drop of once during the last transition however.

2. Thanks for the dark sim tip! Def gonna try that out since we the 2nd imp spawn in p3 is usually pretty slow, Infernals aswell, i never realized i did so low dmg on them... thanks!

3. As for the trinkets, i'm having a hard time arguing with myself with what to replace my RH, since when i try DC it never seems to do enough dmg to be worth. almost 10% of my DMG is still coming from RH, how much would it need to be worth it?

Thanks a lot for your reply, i can see that you took your time! Much appreciated
    As for Xhul/AMS it will be a bigger gain to both your dps and your raid to immune fel surge rather than going to AMS soaks. I tend to be sent in whenever I don't have the green fire debuff so sadly I can't take advantage of this on mythic, but on heroic I can get every single fel surge and never have to run out the entire fight. If you can squeeze one in for damage soaking in between great, but it may mess up the fel surge timing.

For Manno/NP it's less never wanting to have it drop off, but only drop off if, Unholy Blight is off cooldown and no AoE phases are coming up. For Mannaroth the AoE phases would be imp/infernal spawns. You can usually find a time between them to refresh it quickly.

As for the class trinket, this is somewhat dependent on your raid comp but at least when I tested it on Xhul I was getting ~9-10% early on in the fight with it dropping off quite a bit later on. (this being with me running UeH and Class) Before we killed it the first time I tested UeH/DC and I was getting 7-8% from it alone, and with the bonus STR on it and not dropping off like a rock in the final phase I at least it will tend to be better.

As for general use for it, 10% is really when it becomes "good" but with the item upgrades, the STR values on DC and the like I think it's a bit closer to 11-12% now. As adds die quicker and quicker it just gets worse, where DC gets better.

Obviously I should note results will vary based on your raid comp/group/gear/rng/lag.......

Dear fellow DKs,

Could you please look at our mythic Archimonde pulls/Manny logs, and point out where I am making mistakes. I quit mid BRF, came back recently, almost caught up with gear/ring(should be 695 next tuesday!). Unfortunately I do not have a mythic UeH, and since our guild skips lower, my only hope of getting it is cache;[
    I think I use festering strike too much in general, and sometimes just seem to lose my rotation "flow" if you will mid pull, and everything goes sideways. I do not feel very confident in BoS playstyle yet, albeit I'm trying to practice it in pugs/lfr. I have heroic UeH, mythic DC, vial and heirloom trinkets available. I use heroic UeH+heirloom on Manny/Archimonde.

Armory: us(dot)battle.net/wow/en/character/kelthuzad/Shouting/simple
    Logs: www(dot)warcraftlogs.com/reports/PHfY6TmcNrk2By1M#fight=27

Replace (dot) with a dot, I am not allowed to post links yet, mainly a lurker;P

My Questions: 1. Wanted to know difference between mythic and heroic UeH number-wise. If this is big, maybe I can convince my RL to go get it.
    2. My rotation/skill prioritization, am I doing it wrong?
    3. Where is my lack of damage coming from? Our other DK(albeit better gear) always 10-30k above me, I can't pinpoint reason.
    4. Last one, but most important one probably. I feel like I am not utilizing the window when ring is used properly. If so, what should I do to improve that.

Many thanks in advance.

Should I be using death runes on scourge or festering? As in should I only be festering with 2 blood or 2 frost runes?

Fix my dps, but I'm a new member who can't post links

I really need help stepping my game up. I feel like my dps should be much higher.
    I was raiding with an identical spec DK who is equally geared and he was beating me every fight. I have 2 questions. Can someone point out my errors by looking at logs? I have a heroic war forged sword off Archi and considered trying UH spec. Can UH perform as well or better at this ilvl?
    I really need help stepping my game up. I feel like my dps should be much higher.
    Armory: us(dot)battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Deecaay/simple
    Logs: www(dot)warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13003937/latest#
    Last edited by Vatbrew; 2016-02-17 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatbrew View Post
    I was raiding with an identical spec DK who is equally geared and he was beating me every fight. I have 2 questions. Can someone point out my errors by looking at logs? I have a heroic war forged sword off Archi and considered trying UH spec. Can UH perform as well or better at this ilvl?
    Armory: us(dot)battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Deecaay/simple
    Logs: www(dot)warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/13003937/latest#
    Biggest issues I saw are:
    • You are casting WAY too many oblits, you only want to cast oblit to consume a unholy rune when you have two up. Your going to be spamming HB a lot.
    • Cast a bunch of plague strikes, you never want to use this when you are running NP. When you run defile alternate with outbreak.
    • You cast minimal Plague leeches, you want to use this pretty much on CD, even with NP.
    • Your forgot Empowered Rune weapon half the time, USE IT.
    • Your blood tap usage is "meh" at best, letting stacks of it drop off means your doing something wrong. Take Runic Corruption.
    • Try to get DC, it's really nice for frost and gives you a bit more AoE.
    • More AMS casts, take glyph on regen magic and use this to get more RP (and dps) when you are taking magic damage.

He hardly played perfectly but look at the cast differences for Kormrok. You, Him. If you can make these changes you should catch up to him/beat him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    Should I be using death runes on scourge or festering? As in should I only be festering with 2 blood or 2 frost runes?
    I think this got answered somewhere else, but here goes nothing.

For Necroblight, your going to want to must fester to make sure you extend NP until your next Unholy Blight or past any AoE phases that may be coming up so you can safely spam BB without it dropping off. This means you are going to have to cast ~3 or so Festering strike with just death runes.

For BoS, only use Fester on Frost/Blood runes, all your death towards SS.

Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Daenith/simple
    Spec:Unholy
    World of Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=15
    Question:There's not much to say other then I'm just not very happy with where my damage is in this fight, at all. I've always been on the low side with my DK (I'm not really that comfortable in Melee, circumstance led to me playing Unholy DK) but I've justified it to myself by being good at mechanics. Archi is proving to be such a dps race, with timings of a few seconds deciding between a wipe and a kill (Or at least, getting to the next phase) I feel like I'm letting my guild down with my sub-par DPS. I'm generally at least 10k behind the other Unholy DK in the raid.

Only 2 things from me about personal play:

Do you have a BoA trinket or Pebble? Those will do significantly better than the cleave trinket, especially since dogs are generally never that tightly packed to get an advantage from them. Also, some parses you have dropped off NP below 90% uptime, I assume that is because of wipes being called though.

About your group:

If you guys aren't able to consistently beat 1 doomfire with heroism/time warp, both of you DKs in the group need to be Breath of Sindragosa, you will need the burst.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nzzer/advanced
    Spec: Frost
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tn3J1#fight=20
    Question: Looking to see where and what I can do to just see an overall improvement. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ansee/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    Combatlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4xTLvkMcwt9JDnCP

Question: I have been playing WoW on/off for a long time and I always strive to be the best I can be. I am playing Unholy on a social level, but this doesn't mean that I don't want to do the best DPS that I can.
    At the moment I know I am lacking a bunch of items, most notably a better trinket to replace the heirloom (am using the Kazzak one) and the legendary ring (should finish in the next raid week).
    I have read all the guides and know what to do, but I am not sure if I am executing it correctly. The social group has lots of mythic and heroic geared players so fights do not always last very long. Would someone please have a look at some fights, e.g. Kromrok, Council and see where I am making obvious mistakes.

Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tldragoon View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nzzer/advanced
    Spec: Frost
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...tn3J1#fight=20
    Question: Looking to see where and what I can do to just see an overall improvement. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Looked through some of your heroic/mythic logs. Some things I saw:
    • Use defile more, it's better than NP on pretty much every fight if played correctly.
    • You cast a lot of plague strikes while running NP, your never going to really want to cast it as HB will apply/stack up NP for you. When you do have two unholy runes your going to want to cast Oblit instead.
    • You seem to be macroing your blood tap(could be incorrect) but this somewhat removes the point of BT, might be worth trying RC or studying more about BT usage.
    • Forgot to use ERW on many fights.
    • Soul reaper usage is a bit low.
    • PL usage is low, usage practically on CD even with NP.

One other small note is that when using DC you can put RI on your MH weapon and the DC procs will apply it increasing your AoE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ansee/advanced
    Spec: Unholy
    Combatlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4xTLvkMcwt9JDnCP

Question: I have been playing WoW on/off for a long time and I always strive to be the best I can be. I am playing Unholy on a social level, but this doesn't mean that I don't want to do the best DPS that I can.
    At the moment I know I am lacking a bunch of items, most notably a better trinket to replace the heirloom (am using the Kazzak one) and the legendary ring (should finish in the next raid week).
    I have read all the guides and know what to do, but I am not sure if I am executing it correctly. The social group has lots of mythic and heroic geared players so fights do not always last very long. Would someone please have a look at some fights, e.g. Kromrok, Council and see where I am making obvious mistakes.

Appreciated.
    Looked through and I saw your using BT and sitting at capped charges/hardly using them on quite a few of the fights. This is A MASSIVE DPS LOSS and also makes it somewhat hard to see what you are doing elsewhere as you are getting 2/3 of the runes you should. Take RC instead and when you get more comfortable with DK DPS and HFC, then maybe try it again.

On ST bosses you are also still running NP. You ideally want to run BoS on these fights but it can be much harder to preform properly with, but if you do get it down it will be HUGE dps increase. Not having the ring however if a larger impact on your DPS

Other things:
    • A few too many festering strikes it seems.
    • Low Dark Transformation uptime, try to pool rp before it drops off.
    • Forgot ERW on some fights.
    • Lowish SR usage.

Trinkets your going to want to get:
    • UeH
    • Grontooth Warhorn
    • DC
    • Vial (BoS)

Thanks for the advice, it's greatly appreciated.

Ok i need your help fellas and ladies.

I know i do not have the best gear in the game. I know i I need better trinkets and Unholy is better than frost. But i think my gear is ideal for frost. If not please let me know. I did recently get the gloves in our last raid. Please any help would be great:

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sinelf/simple

Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...26wjMV#fight=6

Thanks for the help and thanks for not being so judgmental too.

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    Ok i need your help fellas and ladies.

I know i do not have the best gear in the game. I know i I need better trinkets and Unholy is better than frost. But i think my gear is ideal for frost. If not please let me know. I did recently get the gloves in our last raid. Please any help would be great:

Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sinelf/simple

Logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...26wjMV#fight=6

Thanks for the help and thanks for not being so judgmental too.
    I looked at your gear earlier but didn't have time to do a write up. From what I saw it did favor frost a bit and without the ring unholy ST with BoS is not a huge leap above frost if any gain at all. (different story once you do get the ring though) On a side note, when playing frost with DC, you can put RI on your main hand and it will apply with every cleave hit, increasing your AoE dps, with little to no ST dps loss. (back in MoP when there was a scaling glitch for having FC in your MH it was a ~500 dps difference between the two, so your looking at a ~5dps loss st at worst so basically nothing.)

As for your current gear it's not terrible but I'd say maybe wait until you get a UeH before going unholy if you don't have one already as EDH is rather meh and the heirloom is only good on demon bosses.

First on the logs you linked (Frost):
    You used a mix of Defile and NP on various fights. One thing I noticed is when you did run defile you missed quite a few uses, on some up to 3-4 missed casts. Obviously getting a well placed defile is worth delaying it a bit, but when your delaying 30ish seconds to do so it's a dps loss or you don't know the fight movement/your tanks movement well enough. Work with the tanks and ask them how they plan to move the boss if you can't figure it out after a few pulls. While NP is fine when learning the fights and getting used to boss positioning, you will generally get better results with defile on both ST and AoE if you can get most of the ticks hitting.

You have lowish SR casts, WA to track the bosses health and give you a reminder. (possibly also use this for defile?)

Missed some plague leech casts. WA to track it go go!

Same thing for defile with Pillar of Frost, you missed some casts and also seemed to delay your first on some fights. In 99% of situations this isn't worth it unless some boss role play is stopping you from attacking at the start or whatnot.

You cast ams quite frequently on some fights and almost not at all on others, AMS soaking for RP is a massive DPS gain if done correctly being able to fuel BoS for unholy and chain FS for frost. I also would suggest using the regenerative magic glyph instead of the glyph of anti magic shell, it allows you to get more small soaks throughout the encounter and also lets you get the big ones. One side tip is you can actually make sure you NEVER get fel surge on xhul by casting AMS during his cast, on mythic this will actually nullify one of the casts making less fire for your raid (on heroic it seems to just jump it to a different melee)

Overall your frost play seems fine, mostly just defile usage and cds. Quite a bit of frost is making sure you have RP up for KM procs though, and it's somewhat tedious to go through on logs, but based on how you consumed them and your crit % on FS you could possible do a bit better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unholy:
    For mythic assault your running NP but your uptime is only 55% this is really quite low, depending on how fast your group kills the adds it can be difficult to get above that but what I'm seeing they are staying up. Make sure to BB right as new adds spawn to keep your NP chaining around to get the big AoE dps. Overall your BB casts did seem a bit low and if adds are not staying up long enough (I could be mis-reading the logs) try running defile/PL for assault. Overall it's hard to really make suggestions on this fight as it becomes trivial rather quickly as your group gears up to the point adds live ~10 secs. Other notes are low DT uptime, if there are no adds and you have RP, throw it into your ghoul so it can be empowered when some do spawn.

You probably noticed you did less DPS st than you did as frost, this is largely because of your lack of ring and not using the BoS talent. It's quite strong when used correctly and in tandem with the ring and really is what makes unholy ST excel past frost. Using NP on ST is really only going to be equal or worse to frost ST. So until you get the ring and practice/master breath I'd suggest play frost on ST.

Overall your NP uptime was lacking, hovering in he mid 80s for many fights. This is where your big damage is going to come from, especially on AoE/Cleave fights. RE APPLY IT IMMEDIATELY. If your know your going to be out of range to apply it properly, start extending it early so it won't drop off.

For trinkets you seem to be using DC and pebble. Like I said earlier you may want to wait to play unholy until you get UeH from gorefiend as it is amazing for unholy.

Soul reaper usage is also low here, and it will hurt you much more than it does as frost. SR will end up making up a large amount of your damage as unholy when used correctly. Make sure you have a rune up and ready when it comes off CD and make a reminder. You can also pre-soul reaper if you know the boss will drop below 46% during that time. 46-47% is usually a good bet or if you know a ring hit will be hitting in that time even higher might be ideal. (I sometimes get successful soul reaper casts at around 70-80% on a boss)

You used defile on kormrok, unholy really never uses defile except possibly on assault. If you do use defile (might be be a ST gain over NP..) make sure you also use plague leech with it. UB is only good with NP.

Overally your unholy is a bit sloppier than your frost and without the ring your UH st is going to be Meh at best. I'd suggest you read over Skullflower's Unholy guide to give you a nice overview of unholy. Also make sure you look at logs of other dks and see what they are doing and what talents they take and when.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    I looked at your gear earlier but didn't have time to do a write up. From what I saw it did favor frost a bit and without the ring unholy ST with BoS is not a huge leap above frost if any gain at all. (different story once you do get the ring though) On a side note, when playing frost with DC, you can put RI on your main hand and it will apply with every cleave hit, increasing your AoE dps, with little to no ST dps loss. (back in MoP when there was a scaling glitch for having FC in your MH it was a ~500 dps difference between the two, so your looking at a ~5dps loss st at worst so basically nothing.)

As for your current gear it's not terrible but I'd say maybe wait until you get a UeH before going unholy if you don't have one already as EDH is rather meh and the heirloom is only good on demon bosses.

First on the logs you linked (Frost):
    You used a mix of Defile and NP on various fights. One thing I noticed is when you did run defile you missed quite a few uses, on some up to 3-4 missed casts. Obviously getting a well placed defile is worth delaying it a bit, but when your delaying 30ish seconds to do so it's a dps loss or you don't know the fight movement/your tanks movement well enough. Work with the tanks and ask them how they plan to move the boss if you can't figure it out after a few pulls. While NP is fine when learning the fights and getting used to boss positioning, you will generally get better results with defile on both ST and AoE if you can get most of the ticks hitting.

You have lowish SR casts, WA to track the bosses health and give you a reminder. (possibly also use this for defile?)

Missed some plague leech casts. WA to track it go go!

Same thing for defile with Pillar of Frost, you missed some casts and also seemed to delay your first on some fights. In 99% of situations this isn't worth it unless some boss role play is stopping you from attacking at the start or whatnot.

You cast ams quite frequently on some fights and almost not at all on others, AMS soaking for RP is a massive DPS gain if done correctly being able to fuel BoS for unholy and chain FS for frost. I also would suggest using the regenerative magic glyph instead of the glyph of anti magic shell, it allows you to get more small soaks throughout the encounter and also lets you get the big ones. One side tip is you can actually make sure you NEVER get fel surge on xhul by casting AMS during his cast, on mythic this will actually nullify one of the casts making less fire for your raid (on heroic it seems to just jump it to a different melee)

Overall your frost play seems fine, mostly just defile usage and cds. Quite a bit of frost is making sure you have RP up for KM procs though, and it's somewhat tedious to go through on logs, but based on how you consumed them and your crit % on FS you could possible do a bit better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unholy:
    For mythic assault your running NP but your uptime is only 55% this is really quite low, depending on how fast your group kills the adds it can be difficult to get above that but what I'm seeing they are staying up. Make sure to BB right as new adds spawn to keep your NP chaining around to get the big AoE dps. Overall your BB casts did seem a bit low and if adds are not staying up long enough (I could be mis-reading the logs) try running defile/PL for assault. Overall it's hard to really make suggestions on this fight as it becomes trivial rather quickly as your group gears up to the point adds live ~10 secs. Other notes are low DT uptime, if there are no adds and you have RP, throw it into your ghoul so it can be empowered when some do spawn.

You probably noticed you did less DPS st than you did as frost, this is largely because of your lack of ring and not using the BoS talent. It's quite strong when used correctly and in tandem with the ring and really is what makes unholy ST excel past frost. Using NP on ST is really only going to be equal or worse to frost ST. So until you get the ring and practice/master breath I'd suggest play frost on ST.

Overall your NP uptime was lacking, hovering in he mid 80s for many fights. This is where your big damage is going to come from, especially on AoE/Cleave fights. RE APPLY IT IMMEDIATELY. If your know your going to be out of range to apply it properly, start extending it early so it won't drop off.

For trinkets you seem to be using DC and pebble. Like I said earlier you may want to wait to play unholy until you get UeH from gorefiend as it is amazing for unholy.

Soul reaper usage is also low here, and it will hurt you much more than it does as frost. SR will end up making up a large amount of your damage as unholy when used correctly. Make sure you have a rune up and ready when it comes off CD and make a reminder. You can also pre-soul reaper if you know the boss will drop below 46% during that time. 46-47% is usually a good bet or if you know a ring hit will be hitting in that time even higher might be ideal. (I sometimes get successful soul reaper casts at around 70-80% on a boss)

You used defile on kormrok, unholy really never uses defile except possibly on assault. If you do use defile (might be be a ST gain over NP..) make sure you also use plague leech with it. UB is only good with NP.

Overally your unholy is a bit sloppier than your frost and without the ring your UH st is going to be Meh at best. I'd suggest you read over Skullflower's Unholy guide to give you a nice overview of unholy. Also make sure you look at logs of other dks and see what they are doing and what talents they take and when.

I got weak auras working now. Thank you for the pointers. I am playing frost till i get my trinket and my ring. I did pull around 71k on Gorefiend this week as unholy but that seems low even though it about 12k improvement. I still learning unholy this will help a ton. Thanks again.

Deleted
    Hi all, first time poster here. I'm currently progressing on Mythic Mannorith (9% best try!) I'm playing Necroblight as I should be. I rerolled for my guild as we only had 1 DK for grips who was our tank. I geared up very quickly and didn't have a lot of time to learn the class. I'm just wondering for Necroblight should I be pumping up my Mastery? Or should I have an equal balance of Mastery / Multistrike. Currently I have about 80% Mastery and 28.67% Multistrike unbuffed. Is there some sort of cut off point for Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Kappadisco View Post
    Hi all, first time poster here. I'm currently progressing on Mythic Mannorith (9% best try!) I'm playing Necroblight as I should be. I rerolled for my guild as we only had 1 DK for grips who was our tank. I geared up very quickly and didn't have a lot of time to learn the class. I'm just wondering for Necroblight should I be pumping up my Mastery? Or should I have an equal balance of Mastery / Multistrike. Currently I have about 80% Mastery and 28.67% Multistrike unbuffed. Is there some sort of cut off point for Mastery?
    You want multistrike > mastery, mastery only really wins on spread sustained AoE where necrotic plague will do the majority of your damage and you wont be able to blood boil everything effectively, in HFC its all about burst AoE so imps damage will come from blood boil + necrosis procs(more multistrike = more necrosis procs = more dmg). Also multistrike is our best stat for single target so you really should switch to multistrike gems/enchants, and get as many items with multistrike.

Deleted
    Hi, I tried looking at this thread but to be honest I don't even know what to look for. I know my playstyle is too spammy, but I try to manage everything but I rarely go above 20% on warcraft logs. Could you people take a look?

Char: Farenheit
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NZpKPaGwLMkA1W93 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NZpKPaGwLMkA1W93
    I don't have many logs because on most farm / progress I played blood (on xul soaking Black Holes)

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nheit/advanced

Cheers!

Hey guys,

been playing on my dk alt and don't seem to put out proper dps numbers. need some help on improving my unholy playstyle in partiular. can you point out some of the mistakes i made on these logs?

Character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...n/Jizzl/simple

Logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...fPWaz#fight=10
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HGpma6AbR21wZWhT
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4XjQF3#fight=5

thanks in advance