Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Emofairy View Post
    This has definitely been asked before so forgive me for not checking 24 pages of comments.

I just came back from a break on my DW Frost DK and was hoping to find a rotation mod to hold my hand in raids until I get my bearings. Does anyone know of any mods like Hekili or CLC DK that are working well at the moment? I'd appreciate any info.
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/hedd

and

http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/compact-runes

Never used HEDD but seems to be what you want. Compact runes doesn't really "tell you your rotation" per-say but it helps you with procs, dot tracking, rune tracks and other status based stuff, like when to soul reaper. You may also want to take a look at Skullflower's dk guide or if you like videos more, Frostelions guide is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a ton! Those mods look pretty good. It's only to hold my hand until I can muscle memory it all. I'll check out the video and written guide as well. Thanks again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emofairy View Post
    Thanks a ton! Those mods look pretty good. It's only to hold my hand until I can muscle memory it all. I'll check out the video and written guide as well. Thanks again.
    DKRot is the best DK training wheels one can ask for with all specs and play styles
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Hey Friends,
    The Unholy DK from my Twink Raid has some issues with his DMG and came to me for help. I play my DK as an alt so my knowledge of analyzing Logs is very limited.

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erker/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WZrL2bvdFjyVMkBa
    Question:When I was looking at the Kilrogg fight the most important things I noticed were the missing of the 2nd Pot, the missed Soul Reaper cast and a rather low Monstrosity uptime. There also were a lot of Festering Strike casts when there maybe could've been more Scourge Strike casts. He has with keeping BoS up and casts Festering Strike a lot during its uptime. So now is there anything that could help him keeping BoS up without spamming Festering Strike? And, what else is there he could improve on what I missed or haven't noticed?

TYVM for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Shadli View Post
    Hey Friends,
    The Unholy DK from my Twink Raid has some issues with his DMG and came to me for help. I play my DK as an alt so my knowledge of analyzing Logs is very limited.

Armory:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erker/advanced
    Spec:Unholy
    Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WZrL2bvdFjyVMkBa
    Question:When I was looking at the Kilrogg fight the most important things I noticed were the missing of the 2nd Pot, the missed Soul Reaper cast and a rather low Monstrosity uptime. There also were a lot of Festering Strike casts when there maybe could've been more Scourge Strike casts. He has with keeping BoS up and casts Festering Strike a lot during its uptime. So now is there anything that could help him keeping BoS up without spamming Festering Strike? And, what else is there he could improve on what I missed or haven't noticed?

TYVM for your help
    You pretty much hit the biggest issues.
    Other things include a low disease uptime, he wants to get it as close to 100% as possible, on shorter pulls small mistakes can drop it pretty heavily but he was around 77% uptime. He also only cast AMS once, he can use it on pretty much every death throws for bonus runic power, or even if mistakes are made and the hulking terror is killed by the first ring, you can use it to extend the opening breath.

As for keeping BoS up without spamming festering strike:
    You never really want to spam festering. In more cases getting the 20 rp over one global vs over two globals just leaves you with an empty global as your wait for more runes or for BoS to drop off. In these cases you are just going to want to spam scourge strike as it will do more damage and get you the same RP just spread out a bit more. The only case where you really do cast festering beyond having blood/frost runes is if you getting that 20 rp now will get you to a next rune set, something that usually isn't the case.

Deleted
    Hello all dks, my name is blulingo and I raidlead on a guild with alot of irl friends, I have never played a DK but I do feel that our dks should do more damage on the boss we are progressing on which is Xhul mythic. In my world unholy dks are over 100k on that fight every try or am I overestimating dks on that fight? Both our dks have been away for months on their characters and I was just wondering if their rotation are wrong/they are popping things when they should not pop it. I have never played a DK so I dont feel comfortable going in and nitpicking on our dks playstyle without some (meat on the bones).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4wXTNtpqcGx9vZba

Our logs

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ozzor/advanced Iozzor

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ACnta/advanced Flinta

Thanks in advance!

//Blulingo

Quote Originally Posted by blulingo View Post
    Hello all dks, my name is blulingo and I raidlead on a guild with alot of irl friends, I have never played a DK but I do feel that our dks should do more damage on the boss we are progressing on which is Xhul mythic. In my world unholy dks are over 100k on that fight every try or am I overestimating dks on that fight? Both our dks have been away for months on their characters and I was just wondering if their rotation are wrong/they are popping things when they should not pop it. I have never played a DK so I dont feel comfortable going in and nitpicking on our dks playstyle without some (meat on the bones).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4wXTNtpqcGx9vZba

Our logs

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ozzor/advanced Iozzor

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ACnta/advanced Flinta

Thanks in advance!

//Blulingo
    First, it seems Flinta is using Vial/Forgemaster's Inginia on Xhul. While yes, Vial is a good trinket for unholy, only on ST while playing BoS. They are likely going to want to use Unending Hunger (a trinket that should never be unequipped as unholy) and Discordant Chorus for Xhul. Iozzor also seems to be lacking UeH, so may want to have them pug H (and even normal) Gorefiend until they get it on a roll. This alone is hurting both of their dps by quite a bit.

Iozzor:
    • Is using Blood Tap but is letting it cap for large periods at a time, they need to learn how to use it or switch to Runic Curruption.
    • Not many soul reapers.
    • Not using Anti Magic Shell, you can use this to immune the fel surge and make it not spawn any fire OR to soak blackholes.
    • Not letting NP drop to refresh it with UB. This can be tough to time and if they prefer to just keep it up the entire time with festering strike they will want to switch to plague leech so they can get free runes off the adds.
    • Low Dark Transformation uptime, they are 20% lower than they should be frequently.

Flinta:
    • Also not using that many AMS's, but got better later on in the night.
    • Low Dark Transformation uptime.
    • Thouse trinkets, like, it's really bad.
    • A bit low on Soul Reapers, but much better than Iozzor.

One other thing is both of there cast amounts seem a bit low. This could just me being overly critical and it's hard to really know from the logs but they may be not spending their runes quick enough.

Getting them both the proper trinkets and then also having Iozzor get the proper amount of runes should up their dps considerably.

Iron Reaver: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Kormrok: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Council: NP, UeH/DC, or BoS, UeH/Vial
    Killrog: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Gorefiend: NP, UeH/Class, or BoS, UeH/Vial
    Iskar: NP, UeH/DC
    Socrathar: BoS, UeH/Vial
    Tyrant: BoS, UeH/Vial, Grontooth can work also, but a bit worse.
    Zakuun: BoS, UeH/Vial, Grontooth can work also.
    Xhul: NP, UeH/DC
    Manno: NP, UeH/Grontooth, DC can also work but I've found it to be a bit worse. BoS, UeH/Vial, depends on AoE/Kill Speed.
    Archie: NP, UeH/Grontooth, or BoS, UeH/Vial

Suggested trinket/spec list. If they really cannot get their hands on UeH, the class trinket would be the best backup for Xhul.

Deleted
    Hello, i would like to ask which item has more prio? WF or with socket? I have got xhul's wrsits WF, and now looted from cache - Iskar's with socket.

Deleted
    As a general rule weapons and trinkets are better with wf while every other item is better with a socket.

Use the wrists with a 75 gem. Multi strike if unholy, mastery if frost.

Hey everybody, this is my first post (long time lurker), but I've been having a bit of trouble with stat priority.

For a long while now I've followed Icyveins guidelines on just about everything, including my NecroBlight stat priority. Icyveins recommends: STR>Mastery>Multi>Crit>Versatility>Haste, but I've been using Ask Mr. Robot recently and its stat priority puts Mastery at the bottom, Multi on top. I even had a random PUG leader tell me that Multistrike is most important, though I'm not sure if I should put my full faith in a total stranger who doesn't even play the same class.

I have all my gear enchanted for Mastery, and have been focusing on getting Mastery / Multistrike geared items, such as the Axe that drops from Zakuun.

Should I be switching to Multistrike on my enchantments? What should my stat priority be?

Also, should I be using World of Logs over Ask Mr. Robot for logging? Thank you.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Konkie/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Nippon Steele View Post
    Hey everybody, this is my first post (long time lurker), but I've been having a bit of trouble with stat priority.

For a long while now I've followed Icyveins guidelines on just about everything, including my NecroBlight stat priority. Icyveins recommends: STR>Mastery>Multi>Crit>Versatility>Haste, but I've been using Ask Mr. Robot recently and its stat priority puts Mastery at the bottom, Multi on top. I even had a random PUG leader tell me that Multistrike is most important, though I'm not sure if I should put my full faith in a total stranger who doesn't even play the same class.

I have all my gear enchanted for Mastery, and have been focusing on getting Mastery / Multistrike geared items, such as the Axe that drops from Zakuun.

Should I be switching to Multistrike on my enchantments? What should my stat priority be?

Also, should I be using World of Logs over Ask Mr. Robot for logging? Thank you.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Konkie/simple
    Generally your going to be wanting to play with all multi strike enchants/gems. For necroblight Iceyveins is mostly correct, with mastery being SLIGHTLY stronger than multistrike, however on ST mastery is much weaker than multi, closer to the spot that AMR puts it. As all fights are at least somewhat ST based I find multi to be better, in addition, Blood Boil gains lots of damage from multistrike vis necrosis, giving multistrike still a good value for AoE. You don't mention it, but for unholy ST your going to want to play using BoS, it will result in MUCH higher dps than Neroblight for ST fights.

As for logging solution your probably going to want to use warcraftlogs instead of either AMR or world of logs. It's easy to read and provides more information than the other two making it ideal for helping people out or see how you are doing, as it has a much large user-base. AMR isn't "bad" per-say but it's hard to look at certain things to the extent I at least would like to.

tl;dr Multi > master for chants, Warcraftlogs >WoL/AMR

TY for the help!
    Last edited by skmage; 2016-06-14 at 08:31 PM.

DPS is not terrible, a couple of things:

-You have a lot more Festering Strikes than you need, instead of blowing a ton of death runes on FeS, use those on SS and just remember to FS at least 10 times between every use of UB.
    -Try and get more Soul Reapers out in the first and second phase, extending a duration of Demonbane from either SRing a deathcaller/dog is pretty helpful.
    -Low Crazed Monstrosity uptime.
    -Maybe sync pot with 2nd ring if you're on dog duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    DPS is not terrible, a couple of things:

-You have a lot more Festering Strikes than you need, instead of blowing a ton of death runes on FeS, use those on SS and just remember to FS at least 10 times between every use of UB.
    -Try and get more Soul Reapers out in the first and second phase, extending a duration of Demonbane from either SRing a deathcaller/dog is pretty helpful.
    -Low Crazed Monstrosity uptime.
    -Maybe sync pot with 2nd ring if you're on dog duty?
    Yeah I know it isn't terrible DPS, I just know I should be doing much more with my ilvl. I will try to watch my Crazed Monstrosity up time. I could swear that I'm using it as soon as I'm able to, but I'll watch it a bit closer. Thanks for the advice about FS > SS ratio. I will cut down on the FS's and up the SS's. I will also try and get more SR's out. Could be hard to get "killing blow" on them but I'll still try.

DK Help.

Armory:It would not let me post but my name is Kreynaa-Kil'jaeden
    Spec:Unholy.
    Warcraft Logs.:It would not let me post but my name is Kreynaa-Kil'jaeden
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've been playing DK since around BRF, and it feels like I'm doing something wrong and I can definitely tell there is room for improvement, I'm not 100% sure where I am going wrong. and I am not sure if my trinket choices are the way to go, someone told me something about rune desync'ing and that was what I was doing wrong, but I'm not sure exactly how I am doing that.
    Thanks for reading.
    Kreyna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmaws/advanced
    Spec: DW Frost(no H HFC 2H)
    Warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...18VrQ#fight=22 not very many fights, but got 65% on my gear range for Iskar without Discordant Chorus. Iskar, Socrethar, and Tyrant are the most recent in that log.

Questions: Am I doing something just glaringly wrong DPS/rotation/priority wise? I feel like I should be doing more damage, but I'm just not. Single target, I get nowhere near my SimCraft top DPS of 67K, which is what concerns me the most. I often feel like I am neglecting mechanics because I'm staring at my runes, RP, CDs and procs, whereas before on a Warrior all I had to track was procs, CDs and rage. It also does't help that HFC is relatively new to me, having come back in April, so mechanics aren't "autopilot" yet.

Back in MoP on my Warrior, I never had these kind of issues. I want to go DK for Legion, but if I just suck at it compared to Warrior...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Back in MoP on my Warrior, I never had these kind of issues. I want to go DK for Legion, but if I just suck at it compared to Warrior...
    You can't really compare like DK to Legion dk ...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyna View Post
    Armory:It would not let me post but my name is Kreynaa-Kil'jaeden
    Spec:Unholy.
    Warcraft Logs.:It would not let me post but my name is Kreynaa-Kil'jaeden
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I've been playing DK since around BRF, and it feels like I'm doing something wrong and I can definitely tell there is room for improvement, I'm not 100% sure where I am going wrong. and I am not sure if my trinket choices are the way to go, someone told me something about rune desync'ing and that was what I was doing wrong, but I'm not sure exactly how I am doing that.
    Thanks for reading.
    Kreyna.
    Hello! I looked at your best Fel Lord Zakuun log. I'll point out the mistakes that are easily identifiable.

- The most important problem is resource mismanagement. Your Blood Charges are capped for over 15s in this log, which is a huge waste of resources. On a fight of this length, your CPM should be around 65, while yours was only 54.
    - You cast Outbreak 6s post pull, during Breath. This is a mistake. In general you don't want to use Outbreak during Breath at all - it's a GCD spent building no runic power. You also want to apply diseases earlier, so use Garg --> Plague Strike to open.
    - You didn't cast Anti-Magic Shell. This is a huge loss; you're taking extra damage and losing out on ~50 RP during your opener. There is an AMS soak on this fight that occurs about 7s post-pull if I recall correctly. After that, you more or less want to AMS soak on CD (save it for ring, but this log is of a 1-ring fight).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threeks View Post
    You can't really compare like DK to Legion dk ...
    I know that they have simplified the biggest stumbling block in changing runes, but I still feel odd, my most recent "best" %ranking being at 60-65% for a low ilvl bracket, where I was competent enough with Warrior to get 90-100%+ in MoP T14 N.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dmaws/advanced
    Spec: DW Frost(no H HFC 2H)
    Warcraft logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...18VrQ#fight=22 not very many fights, but got 65% on my gear range for Iskar without Discordant Chorus. Iskar, Socrethar, and Tyrant are the most recent in that log.

Questions: Am I doing something just glaringly wrong DPS/rotation/priority wise? I feel like I should be doing more damage, but I'm just not. Single target, I get nowhere near my SimCraft top DPS of 67K, which is what concerns me the most. I often feel like I am neglecting mechanics because I'm staring at my runes, RP, CDs and procs, whereas before on a Warrior all I had to track was procs, CDs and rage. It also does't help that HFC is relatively new to me, having come back in April, so mechanics aren't "autopilot" yet.

As for rotation/whatnote issues:
    Your using too many obliterates, as your going to want to use majority of your runes on HB except when unholy runes are capping. You miss quite a few defile casts. (looking at non iskar as I know your delaying for adds) Your blood plague up-time is also quite low and should be in line with your FF uptime, something that could also use some work. Use more outbreak to help out with this and making using plague leech less painful, something you also need to work on. (50% efficency at some points) Your AMS usage is somewhat low on various fights also, look for time on every fight to use it and take glyph on regenerative magic, basically mandatory for dks. One final thing is watch your soulreaper usage, it's quite low on various pulls and bosses.

Overall your doing fine, with your biggest impact on dps being the lack of the legendary ring and proper trinkets (EDH + ___ depending on fight) and without them your not going to do much better than you are now, but this should at least give you some things to look at.

As for moving into legion the rotation will change and much of this will be gone/meaningless so focus on just getting your ring/getting back into the grove of raiding.