Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    As for rotation/whatnote issues:
    Your using too many obliterates, as your going to want to use majority of your runes on HB except when unholy runes are capping. You miss quite a few defile casts. (looking at non iskar as I know your delaying for adds) Your blood plague up-time is also quite low and should be in line with your FF uptime, something that could also use some work. Use more outbreak to help out with this and making using plague leech less painful, something you also need to work on. (50% efficency at some points) Your AMS usage is somewhat low on various fights also, look for time on every fight to use it and take glyph on regenerative magic, basically mandatory for dks. One final thing is watch your soulreaper usage, it's quite low on various pulls and bosses.

Overall your doing fine, with your biggest impact on dps being the lack of the legendary ring and proper trinkets (EDH + ___ depending on fight) and without them your not going to do much better than you are now, but this should at least give you some things to look at.

As for moving into legion the rotation will change and much of this will be gone/meaningless so focus on just getting your ring/getting back into the grove of raiding.
    Thank you for the feedback - I guess T18 2PC oblit buff isn't as important as I thought it was. Hopefully when I'm more comfortable with HFC I can use AMS for pure DPS - I had been holding it in reserve for oh crap moments mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I realize this is the end of the expansion and none of this really matters now, but I finally got my Archi heroic kill and actually remembered to log the fight so just curious if someone would critique it for me? I know I could have been better, I missed the second pot I missed time several things, but still looking for any suggestions, I'm also hoping this will help me out in reading the logs better so I can in the future more easily pick apart my mistakes and make adjustments in the new expansion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dhartin/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wPkhrTBL7czN2qQv#

I went BoS for the actual kill (no vial) and that may have been a mistake, I usually use the Necroblight spec on previous tries, but we had a couple of high level guys helping in this fight, and the adds were going down fast so I figured using BoS might help push Archi along a bit better my overall DPS went down a good bit but I think it was better against Archi than in previous tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I realize this is the end of the expansion and none of this really matters now, but I finally got my Archi heroic kill and actually remembered to log the fight so just curious if someone would critique it for me? I know I could have been better, I missed the second pot I missed time several things, but still looking for any suggestions, I'm also hoping this will help me out in reading the logs better so I can in the future more easily pick apart my mistakes and make adjustments in the new expansion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dhartin/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wPkhrTBL7czN2qQv#

I went BoS for the actual kill (no vial) and that may have been a mistake, I usually use the Necroblight spec on previous tries, but we had a couple of high level guys helping in this fight, and the adds were going down fast so I figured using BoS might help push Archi along a bit better my overall DPS went down a good bit but I think it was better against Archi than in previous tries.
    Obviously one week away from everything changing but I"ll point out what I can in a way that makes it easier to look at future logs, so expect more links n stuff so you can see what I'm pointing at.

Your BoS uptime seemed low, with your opening breath being only ~13 secs vs the goal of around 23 or so. It's hard to tell if you did or not without advanced combat logging turned on, but you can soak the pools next to the boss to start with a good amount of RP. This will get let you get a quicker and longer breath on the opener, and generally should be done EVEN if your playing NP, as free RP is free RP and can let you start with dark transformation immediately. Make sure you also pool RP or prepare to get an AMS soak for your other BoS casts, as they all seemed on the shorter side.

You also overcapped your blood charges quite frequently. This is going away in the prepatch so just be aware of that for now and know it's bad.

Quite a few plague leech casts where missed, only getting 4 in a 6 min fight, you should get about 1.75-2 per min. You missed a empowered rune weapon cast also so make sure you watch for it and possibly make a WA to track it. Your soul reaper casts where fairly good so yay for that!

Overall your casts also seemed low, this is likely from the overcapping of blood tap charges leading to less runes and missing plague leech casts. Mostly enable advanced combatlogging (under network in game) to allow more to recorded on logs and maybe practice making some weakauras to track some of your cooldowns so they get used as much as possible.

As for Necroblight vs BoS, I always preferred Necroblight on Archi so it's kinda to each their own.

Hope that helped some.
    Last edited by LenytheMage; 2016-07-14 at 05:03 AM.

Thanks for the reply, I actually did soak the pool at the beginning and have no clue how I messed up so badly that I only got 13 sec on the first Breath, course I had been running Necroblight mainly for the last few nights and I guess I just messed up.

Thanks for pointing out the blood charges and BoS timing I was trying to figure out how to look at those, blood charges are another I thought I was pretty good at, ah well.

Have to try and create more WA in the future.

So I am looking at my DK for next exp and the prepatch currently. If I could maybe have you guys answer a few questions.

The most obvious is, will frost be competitively close to UH in legion, unlike it recently has been.

Secondly, what seems to be the consensus prepatch talents. Is castigation better now that ClShadow has been "stealth nerfed". And I am assuming that epidemic and ebon fever are the go to for prepatch as well?

Deleted
    Ok simple question here. How frost will do next week after these buffs compared to unholy in single target, in aoe, and both together what can we hope for in emerald nightmare as a frost compared to unholy, cuz it's really rewarding using epidemic on bosses.

Hello,

My guild just downed Nythendra heroic yesterday but I felt like I should have done more damage.

eu.battle(DOT)net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Niflg%C3%A6ta/simple

Here is the armory link on my character. Bear in mind that I just started playing again and I'm super broke so that means no enchants and no prepots.

warcraftlogs(DOT)com/reports/bJyxZH48gdrpwKFj

Any input will be greatly appreciated =)

Quote Originally Posted by DkWarrior View Post
    Ok simple question here. How frost will do next week after these buffs compared to unholy in single target, in aoe, and both together what can we hope for in emerald nightmare as a frost compared to unholy, cuz it's really rewarding using epidemic on bosses.
    We won't know til we see actual logs. We'll find out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorBurden View Post
    Hello,

My guild just downed Nythendra heroic yesterday but I felt like I should have done more damage.

eu.battle(DOT)net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Niflg%C3%A6ta/simple

Here is the armory link on my character. Bear in mind that I just started playing again and I'm super broke so that means no enchants and no prepots.

warcraftlogs(DOT)com/reports/bJyxZH48gdrpwKFj

Any input will be greatly appreciated =)
    I have less experience playing unholy than I would like this tier as I have been more shoe-horned into playing blood so I'll try my best to give some at least decent suggestions.

Talents:
    From what I've been seeing your mostly fine, the only possibly questionable pick is necrosis. While a on paper ST dps gain, even small mistakes with it can put it behind SI. This is more up to you on how well you feel you play it/how annoying it is for you.

CD Usage:
    You cast your first Soul Reaper ~18 secs into the fight, cause a nice delay on SR, try to get it out as fast as possible to line up with a nice on the pull Apoc. This may have been from a early pull? A lot of your casts seem delayed with only a few happening in the first 20 secs. For your opener, you can also DT right before the pull vs right after. Overall though pretty good ignoring the odd on pull delay, you get all the CDs used within a sec or two of coming off CD. The only exception to this is your trinket, it got delayed quite a bit, just make a WA or something to track it and should be all good.

Gearing:
    Possibly drop a bit of mastery when you can, obviously easier said than done. Otherwise seems fine for the most part.

Overall though your numbers seem good, it's really the lack of pots and maybe a bit of gear + that trinket usage that is putting you behind where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    I have less experience playing unholy than I would like this tier as I have been more shoe-horned into playing blood so I'll try my best to give some at least decent suggestions.

Talents:
    From what I've been seeing your mostly fine, the only possibly questionable pick is necrosis. While a on paper ST dps gain, even small mistakes with it can put it behind SI. This is more up to you on how well you feel you play it/how annoying it is for you.

CD Usage:
    You cast your first Soul Reaper ~18 secs into the fight, cause a nice delay on SR, try to get it out as fast as possible to line up with a nice on the pull Apoc. This may have been from a early pull? A lot of your casts seem delayed with only a few happening in the first 20 secs. For your opener, you can also DT right before the pull vs right after. Overall though pretty good ignoring the odd on pull delay, you get all the CDs used within a sec or two of coming off CD. The only exception to this is your trinket, it got delayed quite a bit, just make a WA or something to track it and should be all good.

Gearing:
    Possibly drop a bit of mastery when you can, obviously easier said than done. Otherwise seems fine for the most part.

Overall though your numbers seem good, it's really the lack of pots and maybe a bit of gear + that trinket usage that is putting you behind where you want to be.
    Thank you for the informative feedback. All of this seems easily fixable so I will work on it on my guild's next raid.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ouketsu/simple
    Spec: Unholy
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...229617/latest/
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): I struggle with aoe/cleave bosses, but not really sure what am I doing wrong. I wish to achieve to atleast 75th percentile.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fjorn/advanced
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): This is my guild's UH DK. I don't play a DK so I'm somewhat at a loss here. I tried comparing this log and someone else's log for Ursoc (same ilvl bracket and close to the same duration), and there was a big different in numbers of casted abilities.

He also seemed to have popped his Dark Arbiter very late into the fight instead of during lust.

Seems like no DPS Potion. Is that a huge loss?

Should he go with a Soul Reaper instead of a Dark Arbiter build?

Bursting Sores instead of All Will Serve?

Any help is appreciated.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omeme/advanced
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hBZTLG#fight=2
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): This is our weeks full 7/7H clear, I'm extremely geared (868 equipped) and even though I'm getting oranges, i feel my damage is low for my gear, considering most my ilvl bracket %'s are quite low. I picked up this spec after 7.0 and obviously need some improvement.

Logs: warcraftlogs(DOT)com/reports/XwgHxPAzTW1B4ary#type=damage-done&fight=4&source=4
    Armory: us.battle(DOT)net/wow/en/character/arthas/Nyx/simple
    I use bursting outside of raids, AWS in raids, dunno what my armory will show
    Unholy, obv.

My dps quite low for my gear, I am not happy with the percentiles im getting, so i want to improve. But im just unsure what im doing wrong.. Im using CDs on CD, I have at least 3 wounds before I SS (Though if I see 3 and have runes up or coming up in 1 sec or less ill wait and throw another festering and spam SS). The fact sludge belcher is my highest damage (which is a very common occurence) kinda raises some questions.. Im flasked and well fed, no pre or post pot though.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyboy89 View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omeme/advanced
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...hBZTLG#fight=2
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): This is our weeks full 7/7H clear, I'm extremely geared (868 equipped) and even though I'm getting oranges, i feel my damage is low for my gear, considering most my ilvl bracket %'s are quite low. I picked up this spec after 7.0 and obviously need some improvement.

- Dont use Ursocs paw
    - no war potion
    - not enough haste
    - i believe no neck enchant during the fight (at least not the good one)
    - no buff food...

are you even trying to go top dps?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nedjen View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fjorn/advanced
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): This is my guild's UH DK. I don't play a DK so I'm somewhat at a loss here. I tried comparing this log and someone else's log for Ursoc (same ilvl bracket and close to the same duration), and there was a big different in numbers of casted abilities.

He also seemed to have popped his Dark Arbiter very late into the fight instead of during lust.

Seems like no DPS Potion. Is that a huge loss?

Should he go with a Soul Reaper instead of a Dark Arbiter build?

Bursting Sores instead of All Will Serve?

Any help is appreciated.

- he should generally use soul reaper for raiding, especially for single target fights
    - potion of war can be 5-10% of your total dmg, so he might want to use 1 or two
    - log is (currently) not working
    Last edited by tamo; 2016-09-30 at 11:06 PM.

Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tiranox/simple (For some reason it is showing in Frost right now and I can't get it to update.. Hope it changes to Unholy soon)

Spec Unholy

So I am starting on heroic EN now, and I am comparing myself to other DK's in my gearlevel bracket which is 854 to 856 right now, and I am not doing the same amount of dps as other Death Knights.. I know I don't have enchants on my gear atm, most of it is still 840/845 and I kinda want to wait until I get some 850+. But those enchants can't be a difference of 100.000 dps right?

Here is a log from our first Nythendra kill https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=summary
    Comparing that to the top players on Nythendra heroic in my ilvl bracket, I am around 100k dps behind. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...essed/advanced
    Spec: Unholy DK
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Currently there are two Unholy DK's in my guild, myself (Papablessed) and Brakatak (Guild Leader) we parse pretty close on most fights however Ursoc he tends to blow me out of the water. I have another friend who is also Unholy from another realm who is also pulling similar numbers to Brakatak, I understand that the difference between me and Brak is partially tied to the fact that he has a higher ilvl then myself (amounting to around 5,000 more overall Strength) and a better legendary (Pet damage increase shoulders) however from just looking at our Ursoc logs he's still pulling significantly more than me.

My request is if someone could compare our rotation/cast priority and let me know if there's anything I'm doing wrong to not maximize my dps on this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Muldor View Post
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...essed/advanced
    Spec: Unholy DK
    World of Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16
    Question (BE VERY SPECIFIC): Currently there are two Unholy DK's in my guild, myself (Papablessed) and Brakatak (Guild Leader) we parse pretty close on most fights however Ursoc he tends to blow me out of the water. I have another friend who is also Unholy from another realm who is also pulling similar numbers to Brakatak, I understand that the difference between me and Brak is partially tied to the fact that he has a higher ilvl then myself (amounting to around 5,000 more overall Strength) and a better legendary (Pet damage increase shoulders) however from just looking at our Ursoc logs he's still pulling significantly more than me.

My request is if someone could compare our rotation/cast priority and let me know if there's anything I'm doing wrong to not maximize my dps on this fight.
    This is based on Ursoc.

Your miss using soul reaper, your first two didn't get you any of the buff. You also delayed your second soul reaper quite late. When soul reaper is coming off CD you want to plan to have at LEAST 3 wounds on the target and some runes up for SS or apoc off CD on every other cast.

You also seem to be casting quite a bit less. (might be from the lack of haste via soulreaper)

Gear will definitely hurt your damage and could also be contributing to your casts.

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    - Dont use Ursocs paw
    - no war potion
    - not enough haste
    - i believe no neck enchant during the fight (at least not the good one)
    - no buff food...

are you even trying to go top dps?
    Well i mean it was a heroic clear. I'm more referring to what im rotationally doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyboy89 View Post
    Well i mean it was a heroic clear. I'm more referring to what im rotationally doing wrong.
    He's being a dingus but I took a look through to find really nit picky things that could add up to the dps you want.

A few times you missed getting 3 soul reaper stacks, so could be rune planning issues/bad rng. Keeping with soul reaper, you some times heavily delayed it on larger movement fights, possibly being out of ranged/adds dying too quickly to get it going properly. Maybe moving early to off set out piss poor movement might help. Your worst fights for this where Cen and Ill, likely just not being able to set it up the SR/Apoc combo on the adds before they died.

As for talents, I saw you were using infecting claws, and as I understand this is only going to beat the others IF you have the legendary bracers, and at least according to the armory you do not. You may have also wanted to switch into epidemic for add nukeing on Ill/others (I mainly tank now so, haven't gotten enough testing to really have a opinion on it yet)

Your artifact trait might also be bringing you down, it looks like at least two of your bonuses from the relics are in plaugbearer, a rather weak ST relic trait based on this chart:

(found on the DK discord around the release of EN, may be outdated now)

Obviously there are then the things noted earlier, pots, food, and enchants would help/be a nice boost to your dps but because of there rather ridiculous cost makes sense not to waste them.

Maybe will give you some idea of stuff to look at? There are then always things of using CDs ASAP when appropriate and just general dot uptime but you seemed fine on this but it's always possible to improve.